Aerosmith Vegas Residency

nycgunner

Anyone going to these shows?  They just announced 17 new dates for the end of the year. I am going June 29th and July 4th. 

Side note: First band that I loved and my first CD, which was Get A Grip in 1993.  Lost interest after Just Push Play and lack of creativity. Steven’s American Idol thing really hurt the band in my eyes. 

That said, it will be sad when they are gone. I was 15 when I first saw them on the Nine Lives tour - couldn’t have had shittier seats - touching the ceiling of the arena and sitting BEHIND the stage. Fortunately, not a broke ass teenager anymore and got floor tix for both shows 

Will any other gunners be there?!

Edited by nycgunner

11 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Anyone going to these shows?  They just announced 17 new dates for the end of the year. I am going June 29th and July 4th. 

Side note: First band that I loved and my first CD, which was Get A Grip in 1993.  Lost interest after Just Push Play and lack of creativity. Steven’s American Idol thing really hurt the band in my eyes. 

That said, it will be sad when they are gone. I was 15 when I first saw them on the Nine Lives tour - couldn’t have had shittier seats - touching the ceiling of the arena and sitting BEHIND the stage. Fortunately, not a broke ass teenager anymore and got floor tix for both shows 

Will any other gunners be there?!

I've seen Aerosmith over 20 times (I lost track after that) dating back to the Get A Grip Tour. I've never seen anything close to a bad show from them. While I wouldn't make a special trip out there to see them, I usually do end up in Vegas 2 or 3 times a year between work and personal trips. If they are playing while I'm out there at any point this year, I would totally go see them again.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I was fortunate enough to see Guns open for Aerosmith.

Wow! I heard that Guns blew away Aerosmith! Cool piece of history you got to see.

Not a real fan of Aerosmith, so I will pass on this, but cool they are now playing their own residency.

Pretty soon I think every band and musician will have their own residency in Vegas sooner or later!

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Honestly, I think the stigma against Vegas shows is dumb. The 2016 GNR show in Vegas I saw was a blast. Id go if GNR did a residency down the line

I agree. Saw GNR back when they played Vegas the first time. Would love to see GNR now with Slash and Duff with Axl in Vegas. This time I would stay longer, so not to be rushed.

Aerosmith was my first big arena rock concert, on the Route Of All Evil tour with Motley Crue. That was a hell of a show, even sitting at the back of the arena. They brought out Nikki Sixx to play Helter Skelter which was really cool, and this was 2006 so it was before everyone held up their cell phones, people still brought the lighters out for Dream On, it was just an arena full of people enjoying a rock show instead of taking instagram videos.... but my biggest takeaway from their set was how much better it'd be to see them in a small venue. They really interacted with the people in the first few rows.

It's a super small venue for them (just over 5,000 seats only).

The pit is actually inside the stage and the catwalk goes around you so that should be pretty interesting to see one show from there.

I'm in the LA area, so it's a 25 minute drive to burbank and a 45 minute flight to vegas and then I'm staying at the hotel where the shows are at. That makes everything super easy which is nice.

I imagine I'll go to a couple shows later in the year as well but don't feel like planning things so far out right now.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Wow! I heard that Guns blew away Aerosmith! Cool piece of history you got to see.

Not a real fan of Aerosmith, so I will pass on this, but cool they are now playing their own residency.

Pretty soon I think every band and musician will have their own residency in Vegas sooner or later!

I agree. Saw GNR back when they played Vegas the first time. Would love to see GNR now with Slash and Duff with Axl in Vegas. This time I would stay longer, so not to be rushed.

To be honest, I wasn't really into Guns when I saw them open for Aerosmith.  The only songs I was familiar with were SCOM and Jungle.  They opened with ISE then followed it with Brownstone, my friend and I thought something was wrong with Axl's voice because of the low register he sang in, lol.  We found out his voice was just fine after the opening screams of Jungle. I also remember Axl going off on Clint Eastwood over their involvement in The Dead Pool.  He said that Clint bent Guns over collectively and, well, you know.😄

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

It's a super small venue for them (just over 5,000 seats only).

The pit is actually inside the stage and the catwalk goes around you so that should be pretty interesting to see one show from there.

I'm in the LA area, so it's a 25 minute drive to burbank and a 45 minute flight to vegas and then I'm staying at the hotel where the shows are at. That makes everything super easy which is nice.

I imagine I'll go to a couple shows later in the year as well but don't feel like planning things so far out right now.

Nice man. Similar situation. I’ve eyed some of the tix for Sept-Dec, but most of the shows are on a weekday and it’s hard coming from nyc.  And the Offical Platinium are more expensive than the first batch. 

The citi presale still has some stellar tix left for like $550-$600. The platinum prices are 1200-2000

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've seen Aerosmith over 20 times (I lost track after that) dating back to the Get A Grip Tour. I've never seen anything close to a bad show from them. While I wouldn't make a special trip out there to see them, I usually do end up in Vegas 2 or 3 times a year between work and personal trips. If they are playing while I'm out there at any point this year, I would totally go see them again.

Wow. 20 times?!  What was your fav show or era?  The set lists have gotten a bit short over the last few years (17 songs)

I last saw them in 2001 on the Just Push Play tour