Slash: "There's material and stuff going on already for a new record."

11 hours ago, itsprettytiedup said:

"It's just, with AXL ROSE, you don't go, 'Oh, there is a plan, and it's gonna be like this,' because that's not how it works. So, basically, the only real answer to give is we're hoping to put a new record out, and we'll just see what happens when it happens."

Fixed. 

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Hmm - normally I agree with most of what you say but disagree here. Whereas it’s pleasing that Richard is being grouped in with the big three, Slash’s word carries more weight for sure.

I know many are jaded at how the band works etc but it’s a different machine now and so we have to think new music will appear judging by the comments.

Its not as if Axl is worried about how his voice etc may be perceived - he was more than happy to sing and act on a cartoon by a song he clearly had little involvement in terms of writing.

My take on the ‘plan comments’ is that this alludes to how long it may take which is fair enough as no point giving a ballpark figure - if that’s missed then there would be a nuclear meltdown. They say material is being worked on so that’s good enough for me! 

Fair enough. As with all things "new GNR material" related; I would LOVE to be wrong! :)

1 hour ago, default_ said:

What would that be exactly?

A hive of naysayers who keep whining and struggle to understand the basics, such as that a musician / a band cannot be at two or more places at the same time; that it’s ridiculous to expect the band to have finished a new album just a few months after the tour had ended; that even though there were some downtimes during NITL, there still couldn’t have been enough time to put it all together; that those musicians also have families and take time off; that since the journalists keep asking them, they are bound to say something else other than "fuck off, I’ve already talked about this"; that even DVD preparation takes time, and they surely didn’t want to release it during the very same tour, as that would be plain stupid; that the band plays for show attendants and not for forum members who watch shitty streams online and then complain they know the setlists ahead; that when looked at from an essential perspective, there is nothing wrong with the timing whatsoever; that the tour finished at the end of the year, then there was Christmas, and now it’s February. Etc. 
Just my 2 euro 

• Like 3

There is a full interview with slash in the Daily Record newspaper here in scotland. The reporter says that he was told not to mention guns n roses but he mentions them frequently to the reporter. Slash says once he finishes his tour in august, he'll be recording an album with guns n roses. 

On the topic of guns n roses he says "we get along f****** great".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dean said:

The same old thing...

I'd like to be more optimistic this time because it's Slash saying it, but I'll hold off til the ginger mentalist breaks his silence.

A record could be released without him saying a word... It's been done before 😅

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I really think that's the best way for GNR to make an impact if they ever do release new material. 

I know Avenged sevenfold tried it and it hurt their sales, but they are not in the same league commercially. Like they don't have a sweet child or November rain that everyone knows. 

I'd almost expect it to just drop out of nowhere! I think they should keep up the no interview stance anyway, because it creates more fan interest than if they are out every day doing 10 interviews. Just like VH and AC/DC,who are by far the biggest interest bands at the moment.

3 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Someone needs to offer eveyone in the USA a free Dr. Pepper if they release a new album this year. That'll get the ball rolling.

Thanks for reminding me that the Dr. Pepper fiasco was a thing. Now I’m getting flashbacks, and cringing...

on topic; as others have said, it’s interesting that he mentions Richard alongside the big 3. Maybe something really is happening.

10 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

Yeah, this is a tough one.  Based on history, you can't blame people for being skeptical, but I think 2 things that are important are:

1. This is Slash, not DJ Ashba or <insert any former nuguns member name here>  We don't have the same mile long line of broken promises of new material from Slash.

2. Something has changed with Axl.  He's doing songs on cartoons, reunited with Slash, Just jumped into a tour with AC/DC and hasn't been late to a show, and generally well behaved for years now.  

I'm not saying "AFDII Starts now!!!"  I'm just saying this isn't "more of the same bullshit."  If it turns out to be bullshit, it's new bullshit.  This isn't Bach or Fink or Ashba, or some fucking "industry insider" This is Slash. 

Cautiously Optimistic is the word.

This. He wouldn't say this if there wasn't any truth to it. This is the most confirmation we've gotten so far.

• Like 2