Slash: "There's material and stuff going on already for a new record."

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Of course there's always new material being worked on. Will it see the light of day though? Probably not. 

Sorry, but in this case Slashs word means no more to me than Fortus'

I agree that Slash's words don't mean much. We've heard Axl say pretty much the same thing. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they want to release new music, but when will it come out? That's the question that most likely even Axl doesn't have an answer for.

I believe that the music will see the light of day at some point. Axl now has a lineup that he feels confident in. That's definitely a good thing considering new music. But right now there's no concrete new information considering new music. We know that they're working on new stuff and we know that they want to release it. That's all we know and we've known that for forever.

Edited by Lies They Tell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

When Slash didnt mention Frank

nQ0iitz.gif

#pitmanstyle

To be fair - this likely means that Frank and Melissa won’t be involved with the writing. Which isn’t that much of a surprise - Adler didn’t get involved with the writing or Sorum for that matter.

Or it could be the main 4 doing the main work with the rest chipping in later?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Well for us, the impossible came true. Axl and Slash on the same band, on the same stage again. That's bigger than them ever winning the Stanley Cup.

Yeah, I was well pleased when they regrouped!

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

To be fair - this likely means that Frank and Melissa won’t be involved with the writing. Which isn’t that much of a surprise - Adler didn’t get involved with the writing or Sorum for that matter.

You're probably right. Sigh.

Edited by soon

11 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

I’m pretty sure the whole “label disputes” and “issues with the label” thing is always an excuse. There’s no label executive going, “whoa whoa whoa, DON’T release music!”

Labels are meant to fund the recording of music and promotion of such.. stuff like that. There’s so many resources readily available to the average human now, that more and more artists are choosing to go independent.

They’ve got the line-up now, and it doesn’t seem like anyone’s going anywhere. When you’ve got a group musicians willing to work with you and create new art, just do it.

Without a plan, you’re not going to have a new release. Every release needs a plan. Otherwise it just won’t happen. “Up in the air” is where it will all remain until someone puts their foot down and starts scheduling.

I don't think anyone out there is arguing that the label doesn't want, or didn't want from 2009 - 2016, a new album from Guns N' Roses.

More likely were discussions/disagreements between the label and band that might result in a stalemate.  Disputes over what constitutes a new album that counts against the current contract, promotion budgets, marketing strategy, royalties, etc. - all areas where vast disagreements between the two sides can produce a situation where no music gets released.  It could be entirely possible that the label is not at fault and GNR is asking for more than the label can provide.  Then again perhaps the label isn't willing to accommodate GNR regarding requests that the band feels reasonable and entitled.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think he's just saying that only he, Axl, Duff, and 4tus have talked about it seriously so far. I'm sure once they get down to jamming on ideas and stuff that Frank and Melissa will be there too. And Dizzy.

How many times must it be said that Slash will not continue to put energy into this band unless he knows he will produce something? If you all don’t realize he is telling everyone “yes guys, new music is coming” then I don’t know what else to tell you. Look back at his interviews in late 2015,early 2016 before the reunion happened. You just needed to read between the lines. The biggest hurdle for anything Guns related for the last 25 years has been legal proceedings. Those are over and done with so it’s full steam ahead. 

• Like 2

Why is everyone so cynical?

Slash just confirmed they are working on new material and that Richard Fortus is involved, mentioned him in the same breath with the three remaining AFD members.

Hello???

That means at least no significant lineup changes anytime soon and no bad blood between Slash and Axl.

Fan reaction to this: Meh!

Sad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Slash didn't say anything new at all, therefore the "meh"

Well ok for me it was the first time I heard it that straightfoward from one of the "big 3". Either way, it's good news. Maybe nothing to write home about yet, but still. I don't get all the negativity, there's plenty of other things to be critical about but Slash confirming he will continue to work with Axl isn't one of them.

I believe that they will release new music. Not this year for sure, but i think in a few years, maybe two, maybe five.

I hope they won't tour without new album and that Axl will get his shit together before. So if album will be out in 2025 or 2026 Axl will be great. 

6 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Well ok for me it was the first time I heard it that straightfoward from one of the "big 3". Either way, it's good news. Maybe nothing to write home about yet, but still. I don't get all the negativity, there's plenty of other things to be critical about but Slash confirming he will continue to work with Axl isn't one of them.

I'm certain that Slash believes what he's saying, however, I don't think that's a guarantee for new music being released. Recorded? maybe yes because we've had countless ex-members state that they've recorded "tons" of stuff...never to be released.

#notafuckingnegativepost :P

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Dude, finally more and more people are beginning to learn from the mistake of getting excited over things like this. We’re not having it anymore.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Slash didn't say anything new at all, therefore the "meh"

But what he did say corroborated with what Richard recently said. This should provide some optimism for something new, especially given that people are often quick to dismiss Richard individually. At this stage, we know from Slash and Richard that something is being worked on, and more is likely to be done after Slash concludes his SMKC tour. I don't think the cynicism is a result of Slash's comments, but rather, the abuse and misuse we have had to put up with from the management. When it is made abundantly clear that the management doesn't give two fucks about us, hasn't released an album in ten years, and implicitly supports the destruction of online content, it is no surprise that people are jaded.  

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

If they release an album and it is good than great.. But there is a decent chance it won't be that great.. Especially from this lineup..  Maybe 10 years ago but not now... I think it would be almost better for them to just let it be at this point. 

Incredible to be a fan and said that

• Like 3

If they release an album and it is good than great.. But there is a decent chance it won't be that great.. Especially from this lineup..  Maybe 10 years ago but not now... I wouldn't be disappointed if they just let it be at this point. lineup...

Edited by Tom-Ass

There is so much drama surrounding this, many stating Slash's words mean little to nothing. It seems we would have all learned this by now:

If they're making the effort, things have to work out in order for them to put out new music. They have to love the music, they have to see it succeeding. No band in their position would throw a shit album out. So yes they can't PROMISE you it will happen but they are trying.

For one I am really excited to see this news. Slash has stated over and over that he goes crazy when he's not touring. He needs it. Both in his book and many interviews. So I believe he's genuine when he says he sees the tour continuing for a long time (that wasn't in this interview but in others).

Anyways I am pumped for whatever comes next. I need to see them live again!

13 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Incredible to be a fan and said that

It is what it is... 

Axl doesn't sound good anymore. I didn't like his last album.. Their drummer sucks and one of their main song writers is gone.. I think it is a pretty fair assessment to say that the music could be a letdown.. I am a huge Guns N' Roses fan.. While it is better than nothing or the CD era I am still not a fan of this lineup.   It is great Slash is back but the lineup is still weak overall and it is all and 10 years to late..  Go listen to a soundboard from the NITL tour for an honest representation of this lineup.  

• Like 1