Slash: "There's material and stuff going on already for a new record."

15 minutes ago, RocketTess said:

The positivity in this forum is really awesome! GNR must be very pleased with such happy fanbase 🤘🏼 

Hope you all noticed the irony....

Just wondering why you still hang around if they are that bad?

It isn't that GNR are "bad", but rather frustrating.  Taking into account how crazy the Chinese Democracy debacle was, even for someone like me who came into GNR fandom in 2004/2005 let alone those who were there all along - and all the missed opportunities since then as well, it is easy to find ourselves still passionate about GNR but just frustrated at all the paths and roads not taken by them

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Of course there's always new material being worked on. Will it see the light of day though? Probably not. 

Sorry, but in this case Slashs word means no more to me than Fortus'

Slash has a bit more weight to him than Fortus, metaphorically and figuratively 😋 

Maybe Slash is willing to tour endlessly for the money, because he has the creative freedom of SMKC but I figure he'd get bored and leave... I think Axl wouldn't want that, so the leverage is that without new material he loses members just like with Bumblefoot (who admittedly Is/was not anywhere close to Slash's importance to ticket sales).

33 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Sounds like Slash, Duff, and Fortus have new material.  Now it is a waiting game for Axl to put the pen to the paper and the pipes to the mic.

The three of them should start a side project. That's the most realistic way to get new music. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketTess said:

The positivity in this forum is really awesome! GNR must be very pleased with such happy fanbase 🤘🏼 

Don’t get the negative ones started. They have a laundry list of entitlement reasons why they can spend their precious time here on Earth bashing a band they once liked or now hate. Some people prefer their Internet personalties to their real world lives. 

1 hour ago, RocketTess said:

Hey, what's wrong with people being honest about how they feel? I don't know of any other band that has repeatedly cried wolf in terms of releasing new music, so yeah when fans hear this stuff it is fair to be a little pessimistic!

Let's see where this goes, hopefully it's something! and if it's nothing then GNR really can't blame their fans for being bummed and negative.

The majority of people here love GNR (at least some version of the band). You don't need to discuss what's happening now, there's plenty of discussions talking about the AFD era or the CD era. It's not all current talk, if it was then this forum would have been empty years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BadApples87 said:

Sounds like Slash, Duff, and Fortus have new material.  Now it is a waiting game for Axl to put the pen to the paper and the pipes to the mic.

I interpret it as Slash meaning mostly Axl's CD era material, because he has mentioned it in other interviews.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Criticizing the band or Axl is completely valid. But there are posters who seem to have made a hobby out of bitching about everything GnR (or specifically Axl) does and that's pretty much all they do on here day in, day out. 

Oh guys,

you don't know, how things r working on a big business-orga as Guns is. There is a different timeline from all, that u know. That's the truth.

As much as TB seems to b the reason 4 all of our delays and such, I am sure, Beta is a real soul. As much as it seems to look acounter to it sometimes, my inner voice tells me different from what u guys r fellin'. 

Have a nice n' sunny day,

Hwollert

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Criticizing the band or Axl is completely valid. But there are posters who seem to have made a hobby out of bitching about everything GnR (or specifically Axl) does and that's pretty much all they do on here day in, day out. 

If you've followed the band from the early days it's more understandable why they are more pessimistic than maybe the younger fans. It can be very frustrating being let down so many times. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

If you've followed the band from the early days it's more understandable why they are more pessimistic than maybe the younger fans. It can be very frustrating being let down so many times. 

I have, or at least since the early 90s, and I'm disappointed about the lack of new music as much as the next fan, and when they released a 30+ year old song last year it sounded like a bad joke to me, but there's no point in constantly repeating myself or talking about what a bad guy Axl is over and over. I think it's a waste of time. I know most aren't like that, but some people really can't say anything positive and keep on repeating themselves over the same issues... at least that's my impression.

Edited by EvanG

13 minutes ago, HWolllert said:

Oh guys,

you don't know, how things r working on a big business-orga as Guns is. There is a different timeline from all, that u know. That's the truth.

As much as TB seems to b the reason 4 all of our delays and such, I am sure, Beta is a real soul. As much as it seems to look acounter to it sometimes, my inner voice tells me different from what u guys r fellin'. 

Have a nice n' sunny day,

Hwollert

Haha, solid attempt at trying to make people think you're Axl. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Slash has a bit more weight to him than Fortus, metaphorically and figuratively 😋 

Maybe Slash is willing to tour endlessly for the money, because he has the creative freedom of SMKC but I figure he'd get bored and leave... I think Axl wouldn't want that, so the leverage is that without new material he loses members just like with Bumblefoot (who admittedly Is/was not anywhere close to Slash's importance to ticket sales).

I agree with this. I dont think slash is wiling to to stay in guns just to be a a touring band and playing the same old setlist for 2 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I agree with this. I dont think slash is wiling to to stay in guns just to be a a touring band and playing the same old setlist for 2 years. 

If the demand is there and he makes shitloads of money, I think he will lol. he has SMKC as his outlet for music and playing other setlists he likes

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I interpret it as Slash meaning mostly Axl's CD era material, because he has mentioned it in other interviews.

If its going to be rejigged CD material but im hoping at least a couple of new original songs as well.

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

If the demand is there and he makes shitloads of money, I think he will lol.

Yeah im hoping thats not the case. I think he would put his efforts into new and original stuff with SMKC than a predictable tour and setlist for 2 years.

7 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well I meant going forward, not the NITL tour... he was definitely happy keeping that going :D