Slash: "There's material and stuff going on already for a new record."

6 hours ago, donny said:

adding to that. CD did not cost 13 million. that was for 3 albums of material. that leaves 2 albums or 8 millions dollars worth of material sat gathering dust and someone will want their money back. Slash/Duff adding their parts over starting from scratch makes sense. 

Very good point. This is bang on the money and something I hadn’t really thought about. The millions went on lots of material right enough - not just what ended up on CD. I suppose that fact would only be emphasised if the remainder of that stuff was released eventually. 

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Very good point. This is bang on the money and something I hadn’t really thought about. The millions went on lots of material right enough - not just what ended up on CD. I suppose that fact would only be emphasised if the remainder of that stuff was released eventually. 

what rattles me is the people that refuse to accept that all of these unreleased songs exist. 

If they do a new album I think it would be cool if Izzy was involved with 3 or so tracks.  I'd really love to hear that "Down By The River" (or something like that) unreleased GN'R song that is apparently mostly done by Izzy and was being worked on during the ChiDem era.  I know not many people will care but I thought Axl's camp called Izzy "family" in response to the questions about Izzy not being in the NITL tour and his remarks on Twitter regarding that and Axl didn't seem particularly mad when asked about Izzy in that one televised interview he did early on in the NITL tour.  Duff seemed so close to Izzy before the Axl/Slash/Duff reunion took place.  I hope Duff and Izzy's friendship hasn't soured over this whole situation

21 hours ago, RONIN said:

"Slash may sound like the De La Hoya but he's the fuckin Vargas." - W. Axl Pose

So to be clear, Richard Fortus, the guy with zero writing credits - who played 3rd fiddle to Bucket and Finck with barely any creative input on Chinese Democracy - as per Slash, this dude is apparently involved with the long awaited follow up record to the legendary AFD and UYI. However, this album may or may not come out ostensibly since GNR has no plan or schedule to complete and release it. Meanwhile, Izzy, Steven and Matt, all of whom remain available, are left to twist in the wind. Brilliant.

These clowns literally couldn't find their asses with both hands. Why do they even bother? Just release the 90s shit and retire already. 

exactly

and you know what?

your point proves that the Guns n' Aliens album is a very necessary step at this point

i am saying this based on the axl solo album

see, axl needed desperately to write, record and release an album with full control of everything

it's ok to want that, it's ok to need that, every songwriter wishes for that at some point

the only problem is that axl took TWO AND A HALF FUCKING DECADES to do that

the same needs to happen with this lineup

these guys need to put out an album real soon

the sooner they get it out of their chest the better

see, it's gonna work!

you put together AXL VISION (modern, contemporary, current, deep, layered and complex), SLASH CHOPS (great riffs, great licks, this, that and the other), RICKY'S PLAYING (people tell me he is better than Izzy!), FRANK'S SPEED (speedy playing with lots of fills) and DUFF'S punk rock honesty and a middle-age man's maturity...

...and how can THAT fail?

the sooner they write, record, release and tour the Guns n' Aliens album, the sooner they will realise that the only thing missing is the songs! and the groove!

it will be good for everyone!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

However, much of it is justified IMO. I truly don't think many people complain just to complain. 

A lot of it is justified, I mean, this whole GnR situation is absurd. It's only normal that people express disappointment and criticism on here and that there is a certain amount of negativity, I have contributed to this myself more than once. But there's a difference in that and spewing negativity every chance you get and for some posters it has gotten to that point. And that's what I don't get... if they're only here to ridicule them and spew the same lines in every thread, then why are they even here? We get it... they don't like the band anymore, they don't like the way they operate, and that's understandable and fair, but there's no need to repeat yourself so many times. I've seen posters on here make the same negative remarks over and over and over and over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

A lot of it is justified, I mean, this whole GnR situation is absurd. It's only normal that people express disappointment and criticism on here and that there is a certain amount of negativity, I have contributed to this myself more than once. But there's a difference in that and spewing negativity every chance you get and for some posters it has gotten to that point. And that's what I don't get... if they're only here to ridicule them and spew the same lines in every thread, then why are they even here? We get it... they don't like the band anymore, they don't like the way they operate, and that's understandable and fair, but there's no need to repeat yourself so many times. I've seen posters on here make the same negative remarks over and over and over and over.

I honestly can only think of one user in particular who is like that on the board currently. I'm open to the fact that there may be others but really only one in particular comes to mind for me currently. 

12 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

The most important word in Slash’s comments, that a lot of folks here seemed to have missed is “HOPING”

Exactly. Which is why I'm equating Slash's comments to everything Fortus has said for the past 17 years. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

The most important word in Slash’s comments, that a lot of folks here seemed to have missed is “HOPING”

He also states there has been activity regarding new material though - so when he was using words like ‘hoping’ at the end of the interview, it seemed like he was just trying to calm things down a bit.

I thought you guys would find this very interesting. I saw it on the Alter Bridge forum - http://thealterbridgenation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2960&start=260#p200964

2.jpg

And the two quotes that will get people excited: 

"After our chat, the rumour that his old band will get back together for a new album is confirmed."

"After Slash finishes his latest tour in August, he'll be recording an album with Guns N' Roses."

He also said he is writing new SMKC songs. 

Edited by MidnightToker
added image
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MidnightToker said:

Because Myles is more productive than Axl? Or because GNR in general is slow? 

Both. Slash isn’t going to want to just sit around until 2023-2024. He’s a musician first and foremost and wants to tour, produce and create. Not saying he won’t get to do it with Guns but he’s going to be waiting quite a long time if that’s his only outlet.

• Like 1

I’m going to the gig in Glasgow tomorrow and can’t wait. :headbang:

As far as a new GNR album goes I’m still remaining confident of a new album possibly next year as I think Axl seems in a more happier place with Slash back in GNR. Having Slash back means whatever songs Axl has to offer will have the GNR sound to them , something I think Axl has deep down always wanted with some CD songs  

Personally I’m hoping if there is a new album then it is full of newly written material. I didn’t follow the CD era and have no interest in what else is left from that. But with that said if having 4 or 5 CD era songs on the album is the quickest way to getting a new release then I can live with that as they would be totally re-recorded  with Slash anyway. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

It's a different Axl.  Hitting the stage on time for basically an entire 2 1/2 year tour, no problems, no drama, no bs......hopefully this translates to the studio.  I think Guns can get a new album out faster than alot of people think.

Yeah, that's what I think (or rather thought) since 2012. 

As I said in other thread, new SMKC album is inevitable as they already work on new songs. I have no intelligence on new GNR stuff though, can't see it happening. You can clearly see in which band Slash feels more comfortable. The chemistry came back, they'll play together until one dies... #RnFnR #SMKC

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1