Slash: "There's material and stuff going on already for a new record."

28 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

As I said in other thread, new SMKC album is inevitable as they already work on new songs. I have no intelligence on new GNR stuff though, can't see it happening. You can clearly see in which band Slash feels more comfortable. The chemistry came back, they'll play together until one dies... #RnFnR #SMKC

I'm more excited about new SMKC tbh, just because that one will be here in a more timely manner.

2 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I thought you guys would find this very interesting. I saw it on the Alter Bridge forum - http://thealterbridgenation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2960&start=260#p200964

2.jpg

And the two quotes that will get people excited: 

"After our chat, the rumour that his old band will get back together for a new album is confirmed."

"After Slash finishes his latest tour in August, he'll be recording an album with Guns N' Roses."

He also said he is writing new SMKC songs. 

I went ahead and merged this with another very similar thread. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We've been trying that approach in the 11 years since CD was released :lol:

Very true. However a lot of Axl’s supposed issues/insecurities about working with Bumble or anyone else that wasn’t Bucket, Finck or Tobias isn’t there anymore with the return of Slash and Duff. Mending that personal relationship must’ve done him the world of good and I’m quite hopeful that this will be a big factor of us finally getting new material. I’m keeping the faith, as I have done since the release of Chinese, but with it being from Slash, I think his words carry more weight than 4tus. The next few years ahead can potentially be some of the best Guns have endured as a band, but one of the factors is beefing up that catalogue.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 7:24 PM, dgnr said:

Man, I don't know what to tell you...With all due respect, I think you're being naive. This speech is the same bullshit we've been hearing since 1994.

Do you really believe that 'is Slash everybody is waiting on'? That Slash's tour is what is preventing a new GNR release? Slash can record an album in 2 months!! Slash was not what prevented a new GNR release 20 years ago and he's not preventing it now. We all know who takes an eternity to release new songs. Heres a hint: it's not Slash :shrugs:

I don't know if I think that, but I certainly believe it could be the case. There were rumors Axl would be in studio with AC/DC when the last GNR tour leg wrapped up. Slash obviously also made the commitment to tour with his band during this timeframe. So then the plans would have been to reconvene after these projects wrap up. For Axl, it appears AC/DC is off due to Brian's rumored return for a record. That doesn't mean Slash cancels his entire tour plans.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:59 AM, RONIN said:

"Slash may sound like the De La Hoya but he's the fuckin Vargas." - W. Axl Pose

So to be clear, Richard Fortus, the guy with zero writing credits - who played 3rd fiddle to Bucket and Finck with barely any creative input on Chinese Democracy - as per Slash, this dude is apparently involved with the long awaited follow up record to the legendary AFD and UYI. However, this album may or may not come out ostensibly since GNR has no plan or schedule to complete and release it. Meanwhile, Izzy, Steven and Matt, all of whom remain available, are left to twist in the wind. Brilliant.

These clowns literally couldn't find their asses with both hands. Why do they even bother? Just release the 90s shit and retire already. 

Adler? LOL. When did he help write a GNR record? If you're going to disparage Fortus for being in the band but lacking creative output, you can't also complain Adler isn't involved in writing the next one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Adler? LOL. When did he help write a GNR record? If you're going to disparage Fortus for being in the band but lacking creative output, you can't also complain Adler isn't involved in writing the next one. 

I don't how you define writing but Adler has recorded some iconic drum parts to some of the best rock music every recorded.. Songs like Paradise City and Brownstone stand out and have some of the most memorable drums parts in rock history.. The whole band had writing credits on Appetite I thought?

• Like 1

I don't know if we will see new or unreleased material from GN'R until the 2020's. The next logical step would be a reunion tour with Izzy and a Locked and Loaded box set of UYI/"TSI?" if they want to continue to tour without new material. 

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm more excited about new SMKC tbh, just because that one will be here in a more timely manner.

That's impossible to say. We don't know how much work Guns have done on the upcoming album, and even then, it is possible that it leans heavily on CD2 material (meaning less work). SMKC can have a quick turnaround on albums, but they only recently released one. Besides, i don't see how anybody could be more excited about the prospect of another bland SMKC album over a new GN'R album. :shrugs:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That's impossible to say. We don't know how much work Guns have done on the upcoming album, and even then, it is possible that it leans heavily on CD2 material (meaning less work). SMKC can have a quick turnaround on albums, but they only recently released one. Besides, i don't see how anybody could be more excited about the prospect of another bland SMKC album over a new GN'R album. :shrugs:

L. A. Guns have managed to record two studio albums and one live album since their reunion in 2016. Phil Lewis and Tracii Guns had a lot of conflicts prior to that, but they managed to write songs together again. It's frustrating that Axl and Slash can't do the same. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sosso said:

L. A. Guns have managed to record two studio albums and one live album since their reunion in 2016. Phil Lewis and Tracii Guns had a lot of conflicts prior to that, but they managed to write songs together again. It's frustrating that Axl and Slash can't do the same. 

I agree insofar as Guns haven't done anything else except a world tour these past few years. Many other bands have been more active during a reunion tour, as you indicate. However, i don't think Guns N' Roses' lack of activity necessarily implies that Axl and Slash can't write together. We don't know what they've worked on yet (only that some things have happened towards a new album). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't how you define writing but Adler has recorded some iconic drum parts to some of the best rock music every recorded.. Songs like Paradise City and Brownstone stand out and have some of the most memorable drums parts in rock history.. The whole band had writing credits on Appetite I thought?

They did all have writing credits for AFD, but Adler didn't write anything. I agree his sound in AFD is amazing. I'd say iconic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RageKage said:

I wonder what all these naysayers will do when guns finally do release an album? What purpose will they find in life? Will be interesting to see.

Me personally, I hope to be happy about the music on it. Their last album is my favorite GN'R album, so I've got high hopes for anything they release past that. My big worry continues to be that they just won't actually release anything more. As always, I'd love to be wrong though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

If I recall, they couldn't agree on who wrote what a lot of times so for that one album they agreed to split it the credits equally but have also acknowledged Adler wrote little to none.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I agree insofar as Guns haven't done anything else except a world tour these past few years. Many other bands have been more active during a reunion tour, as you indicate. However, i don't think Guns N' Roses' lack of activity necessarily implies that Axl and Slash can't write together. We don't know what they've worked on yet (only that some things have happened towards a new album). 

I think there's been a lot of baby steps along the way. 

Let's see if we can make up, let's see how the shows go, let's see how the tour goes, let's see if we get along....let's see if we can make an album will come.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Evil Doer said:

It's a different Axl.  Hitting the stage on time for basically an entire 2 1/2 year tour, no problems, no drama, no bs......hopefully this translates to the studio.  I think Guns can get a new album out faster than alot of people think.

I think there were contracts to ensure the tour went smoothly.

basically that whoever holds up the show pays the late fees out of their own pocket. That would make axl be on time

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Maybe, maybe not. Tbh I don't think it's going to be much CD2 material, probably more newer stuff.

SMKC/Slash solo stuff is what got me into GnR, so I'll always be interested in new material from them. Especially since we know that they will be continuing indefinitely. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RageKage said:

I wonder what all these naysayers will do when guns finally do release an album? What purpose will they find in life? Will be interesting to see.

I for one will make a mess in my pants. Then I'd get new pants and listen to the album. Upon hearing the new album, I'll most likely make another mess.

Then after a few hundred listens, I'll probably complain about how Slash replaced Robin's parts on The General, or something.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, RageKage said:

I'll be going down to Aldi to buy some Guns N' Roses cheese, then going to the post office to send it to New Zealand. 

So yes: not very happy indeed.

(And I'm not sure Goat will be pleased either when he gets a whiff of the contents).

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

i don't see how anybody could be more excited about the prospect of another bland SMKC album over a new GN'R album. :shrugs:

I don't know how one can be more excited about an album that most likely will never be released over a new SMKC record that will be out in 18 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1