Back in Time: Las Vegas 2000

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I really wish this lineup would have accomplished more.

Yep. There was good buzz for them coming out of RIR III w/Loder’s review, etc. I had tickets to see them in Germany that Spring/Summer too. Then Bucket got sick and/or Axl had no idea that the tour had been booked, and things went sideways for a while. Next 9/11 happened, and GNR’s “big return” (and everything else) seemed far less consequential. So much in life is timing...

22 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I was around back then and remember following the show's online.  I posted a lot on the gnronline forum before it got shut down because of somebody posting Axl's phone number.  After that everybody was scrambling to find a new place to post.  

I also remember posting on the 2000 intentions gnr board which became a shit show.  I don't remember much but I just remember a girl named Lydia causing a lot of drama.

After that i went to htgth and now I'm here lol.  Crazy to think I've been posting on gnr boards for 20 years now

A forum member had Axl's phone number and posted it?

3 hours ago, lame ass security said:

A forum member had Axl's phone number and posted it?

Dude it was so crazy!  It was the official gnronline message board which was super popular.  Once it got shutdown you could still access it for a few days by typing out the url, everybody was in a panic trying to find a new place to go and then all these other gnr forums really popped up and split the community big time.

Edited by Bitchisback
Typo

On 2/19/2019 at 7:40 AM, RussTCB said:

Thanks for saying that. I'm just trying to do the best I can lol. I know I make mistakes here and there in helping to run the site (spoiler alert: I'll make a lot more in the future) but I always have the fans and the forums best interest at heart. 

In this instance, I'm just so bummed that the fans of this band can't have anything nice. If the band doesn't want to release anything ever, then it would be great if we could at least trade old shows. That's how it works for every other fan base ever. Not for GNR fans though and it's really unbelievable to me. 

So many GNR fans would be more than happy to pay for ANY music. I don't even mean new music. This fan base has even offered suggestion after suggestion for ways we would pay to buy old shows (subscription services, straight digital downloads, etc) yet it always falls on deaf ears and we end up with shit like GNRair instead. 

When I was still a member of the GNR fan club I cannot tell you how many times I suggested that streaming access to old pro-shot videos/content would keep me as a subscriber and no doubt gain tons of new subscribers JUST for that in the process.  I suggested allowing paying fans to vote in a poll to decide which pro-shot was released next.  It constantly fell on deaf ears.  If that isn't low-hanging fruit then I don't know what is.  

Back to the topic.  One of my biggest regrets in my GNR history was not flying out for this show.  My brother and I were so close to doing it and then we chickened out.  For me it was mostly about money.  Such a stupid move on my part.  

• Like 2

Attended that show, flying in from Calgary. Knew what to expect as was at The Joint show at the HRH one year earlier. Was crazy how they made us stand in line for eight hours or more. We lined up before fans of the Goo Goo Dolls that started at 8PM, and Guns didn't go on until 4:30 AM . Security was adamant if Axl saw a camera, "he will leave!" I was actually surprised he showed up given the delay but he put on one of the best GNR shows I have seen (21 so far).

9 hours ago, WAR41 said:

When I was still a member of the GNR fan club I cannot tell you how many times I suggested that streaming access to old pro-shot videos/content would keep me as a subscriber and no doubt gain tons of new subscribers JUST for that in the process.  I suggested allowing paying fans to vote in a poll to decide which pro-shot was released next.  It constantly fell on deaf ears.  If that isn't low-hanging fruit then I don't know what is.  

Man that would be awesome. I would definitely pay pretty good money to have access to a bunch of old live gigs in high quality video/audio. 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Yep. There was good buzz for them coming out of RIR III w/Loder’s review, etc. I had tickets to see them in Germany that Spring/Summer too. Then Bucket got sick and/or Axl had no idea that the tour had been booked, and things went sideways for a while. Next 9/11 happened, and GNR’s “big return” (and everything else) seemed far less consequential. So much in life is timing...

I went to 2 shows in 2002-it was different because you thought a bunch of new material was coming. And soon. I think it was my favorite time to be a fan of the band-91-93 was great also.

11 hours ago, WAR41 said:

Back to the topic.  One of my biggest regrets in my GNR history was not flying out for this show.  My brother and I were so close to doing it and then we chickened out.  For me it was mostly about money.  Such a stupid move on my part.  

How old were you at the time?  I am from Toronto and was 22 at the time. Crazy how quickly time has gone

2 hours ago, richardbc said:

Attended that show, flying in from Calgary. Knew what to expect as was at The Joint show at the HRH one year earlier. Was crazy how they made us stand in line for eight hours or more. We lined up before fans of the Goo Goo Dolls that started at 8PM, and Guns didn't go on until 4:30 AM . Security was adamant if Axl saw a camera, "he will leave!" I was actually surprised he showed up given the delay but he put on one of the best GNR shows I have seen (21 so far).

There was so much fear of cameras at the time. People were hiding their cameras in the flowers at Mandalay Bay!

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Man that would be awesome. I would definitely pay pretty good money to have access to a bunch of old live gigs in high quality video/audio. 

Unfortunately that money would go to UMG...which is why GNR isn’t keen on doing something until it makes sense for them 

11 hours ago, loosecannon3 said:

How old were you at the time?  I am from Toronto and was 22 at the time. Crazy how quickly time has gone

I believe I was 19 at the time, my brother was 23.  I was living in Raleigh, NC as I was going to college and my brother was in graduate school in NJ.  Looking back on it I think the flight was like $350 and then the tickets would be $150-$200.  If that was today I would have booked it in a heartbeat.  The sad part is that I had the money, I was just a college kid who was worried about spending that much money.  

I said before its 'one of my biggest regrets' in my personal GNR history.  Its without a doubt my biggest regret.  No question.  

13 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The funny part is that other people agreed with the idea just like you are!  I even said to the moderators over there if there were legal reasons why the UYI tour couldn't be posted, then use current NITL pro-shots.  Crickets.  

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

It didn't .... but it is very much out there 

just like everything else, it will eventually turn up somewhere then i guess.
it's not like i have any high hopes of an album coming soon anyways, so atleast the potential leaks are something to look forward to whenever they happen =)

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

I believe I was 19 at the time, my brother was 23.  I was living in Raleigh, NC as I was going to college and my brother was in graduate school in NJ.  Looking back on it I think the flight was like $350 and then the tickets would be $150-$200.  If that was today I would have booked it in a heartbeat.  The sad part is that I had the money, I was just a college kid who was worried about spending that much money.  

I said before its 'one of my biggest regrets' in my personal GNR history.  Its without a doubt my biggest regret.  No question.  

That sucks.  Sorry dude. One of my biggest regrets with GNR is that I didn’t catch the damn mic when it bounced right into my chest. It literally spun right down my body and I couldn’t catch it. I consider myself reasonably coordinated. I should have made the damn catch!

16 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Was for one year a member of that stupid useless Nightrain Club and all I could see was a bunch of people constantly kissing ass of band members and harsh criticisms getting immediately removed, if not removed fast enough you had tones of negative reaction below your posts.

that place is surreal, it’s like a cult lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Man, I'm only up to 'Sweet Child' and even with the poor video quality, I absolutely love this show!

Seeing it for the first time was one of the best moments I've had as a fan of Guns N' Roses, as ridiculous that might be to some people.

You'll love Patience and the build up to it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Creed said:

Face the truth. The psycho is our beloved W. Axl Rose. Its not TB. They are just his servants. 

I'm not saying Axl's a saint, but in this case I'm sure the dude has no idea all of this has gone on. Also, it's worth noting that I wasn't saying TB are the psychos. 

• Like 1

On 16/2/2019 at 10:20 AM, loosecannon3 said:

Ok - reading all these posts about the VMAs has me thinking back to Las Vegas December 31, 2000. This was a fun night. Backing up a little here, I had decided to fly to Las Vegas on my own as a 22 year old to see the return of Axl Rose. I was (and still am) a huge GNR fan at the time and spent a lot of my time on the Guns N Roses newsgroup (who remembers newsgroups?) and decided to stay with two guys that I met from the newsgroup: Dennis and Bob. My friends thought I was crazy to stay with people who I never met before especially considering the internet was much newer back then. However, there were so many of us diehard fans at the time that we had formed a strong bond it seemed. When I arrived in Vegas I met Dennis and Bob and three of us met up with the other fans that we had all been chatting with in the months leading up to the show (Ravi, John M, Jan, etc). We had a few drinks and then lined up for what seemed like 8 hours talking and most importantly standing (securitiy wouldn’t let us sit!) and finally we entered at around 3:30am and the show started. What a cool experience. My biggest regret is at the end of the show Axl slammed down his mic and it bounced right into my chest and I didn’t catch it. I looked on the ground for it and it was gone!

The purpose of my post is first and foremost to see if any of these old fans are still around.  I’d love to see replies from you.  I also met a local Toronto fan (Vangie) and would also often talk to Rattus and John Mac. who had an awesome band in London ON I believe.  There was also a dude named APoet from Louisiana I believe.  Are any of you fans still here?  Also Jeff Boreio (sp?) was the admin of the newsgroup at the time.

Id also love to hear stories from other fans who were there that night.  One of the best nights of my life! 🤟

Andrew

Hi Andrew, I just read your post and bacause of that I watched the entire concert of HOB 2000. It was a blast! in the end Axl slams the mic and then he comes back and says "who caught that mic better keep it", just a shame you couldn't grab it. Thanks for your post. Cesar from Argentina.

22 hours ago, Dean said:

Seeing it for the first time was one of the best moments I've had as a fan of Guns N' Roses, as ridiculous that might be to some people.

You'll love Patience and the build up to it. 

I wish Axl would still sing 'Patience' this way. Much more natural sounding.

The speech at the beginning looked like a pretty emotional moment for him.

I think Vegas 2001 takes the cake, man. I've always loved Boston 2002, but this is just a bit better.

• GNFNR 2