Stand-Up Comedy/Comics Discussion Thread

spunko12345

I’ll throw in another Bill Burr classic. This one is so good because it’s completely improvised. He’s basically spending the whole set calling the audience a bunch of cunts and it still gets a standing ovation at the end. 

13 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’ll throw in another Bill Burr classic. This one is so good because it’s completely improvised. He’s basically spending the whole set calling the audience a bunch of cunts and it still gets a standing ovation at the end. 

He's right about Joe Frazier.

• downzy changed the title to Stand-Up Comedy/Comics Discussion Thread

Anyone watch/listen to Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, Comedy Bang Bang, Speakeasy, You Made It Weird, Getting Doug With High, Hiking With Kevin, The Shame or Tigger Belly? 

I love shows where comedians get together, make funny, while talking about what makes each other tick and what 'funny' is. 

Tubin' With Tash, was another great one. This clip featuring one of my favourite comedians Chelsea Peretti 

19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Richard Pryor was the fucking man! I watched a documentary about him once apparently he was sat in his gaff drinking 80% proof rum and decided fuck it i'm gonna pour it over me nut n set myself alight.

Next thing ya know he is running down the street naked on fire and some fire engine had to pull over and out him out.

He also got shit faced and shut up his own car.

He also used to put coke on his nob to last longer, his girlfriend at the time Pam Grier only found out when she went to a gynacologist who told her that she had ching up her :lol:  He did that to his car because, as the story goes, his missus was about to leave him in it. 

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Richard Pryor was the fucking man! I watched a documentary about him once apparently he was sat in his gaff drinking 80% proof rum and decided fuck it i'm gonna pour it over me nut n set myself alight.

Next thing ya know he is running down the street naked on fire and some fire engine had to pull over and out him out.

He also got shit faced and shut up his own car.

Apparently in his addled mind he saw the self-immolation as some sort of protest or representation of the Vietnam war. There were popular images of buddhist monks lighting themselves on fire in protest. The war was getting at him and in a drunken stupor that just made sense in the moment. And evidently a second later it no longer made as much sense :lol:

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Didn't his old man die bollocks deep inside some brass and he basically grew up in a knocking shop? 

What a life !! 

Does this mean "His Dad died shaggin a worker and he grew up in a brothel" ?

Yer'alls english is a hot mess sometimes :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Yes yes it does ... I forget a lot of you lot on ere are from that funny part of the world that claim to speak English but don't speak a word of it properly.

Please never refer to Football as soccer or Petrol as Gas and we will all get along alright LOL

The UK malfia does run the show here, haha. I have to at least say "SC" to support the club. And the petrol thing is like asking me to pull a Madge and act pretentious with Britishisms... cant do it and you wouldnt want me to if you were here. :lol: 

So he did grow up that way... shit. One of my favourite comedy writers, Harris Wittles, died young and tragically, I think a lot of comedians are complex and damaged maybe?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

HAHAHAAHA!!! sat here fucking creasing imagine that going to see a doctor and he turn around and says " Right sweetheart good news is you ain't got AIDS ... The bad news is there is about half a gram of charlie stuck up ya struggle and runt " 

Thats grumble and grunt young man.

47 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Didn't his old man die bollocks deep inside some brass and he basically grew up in a knocking shop? 

What a life !! 

Yeah, he came and went at the same time as Rich said :lol:

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Imagine that going to see a doctor and he turn around and says " Right sweetheart good news is you ain't got AIDS ... The bad news is there is about half a gram of charlie stuck up ya struggle and runt " 

I know the NHS is on its knees but surely standards haven't got that low 😁

"I got a belt on that's holding up my pants. And my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know whats really happening down there. Who is the real hero?!"

One of the greats, Mitch Hedberg. Had to come to the Canadian stage to get his dues. RIP

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to deserve a kick in the nuts for this, and this relates to another thread recently posted by Kasanova himself, but I feel women - ''wimmin'' as they say here - make shite comedians. I mean look at all the examples above: sausage party. Those class clowns at school, those ''pub characters'' and people you talk to when watching sport - their gender? 

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree, most female comedians seem to be shit. There's some exceptions though. 30 Rock is good and one of it's main characters/creators is a wimmin, have you seen that?

I don't really find American comedy funny also haha. I have tried, I have tried but I just sit through Americans trying to do comedy with a blank expression.

Just offended 50% of the planet so I may as well offend the United States also.

• Haha 1