The Dirt movie trailer

Revolver

Came on here to see what people were saying about their trailer but didn't find any topics on it. Sorry if it's been posted!

Youtube link

To me it doesn't look like they're even trying to do anything new or exciting with this film, and it all looks very "movie" like. But hey, since it's Netflix the tickets are free so I might as well check it out, what do you guys think?

This looks like a lot of fun - which was always guaranteed with Crüe. Pleased that this film has finally been made. I remember when they spoke about the initial meetings - Johnny Knoxville was cast as Nikki Sixx. After the meetings with execs, they spotted Johnny relieving himself on one of their car wheels. This was at least a decade ago. Does anyone know why it took so long? 

I remember dipping into the book when it was first published and though "this is so cool, I want to be a rock star". I reread the first chapter a few months ago and thought "why would anyone want to live in such a dirty house?!". 

Rockstar antics are no fun if they are cynical and thats the sort of impression I get from a lot of the hair metal type bands, they just seemed to be doing it cuz it was the thing to do as a rockstar.  The Stones had a sense of style with it, they appeared to be genuine bohemians with the high level of creativity going on, your Beatles etc and their excursions with hallucinogenics was on another level, your Keith Moon type was like...there was a tremendous amount of insane fun and pranksterism to it.  But a lot of these 80s lot, it all seemed kind of soulless.  You don't even need to be a rockstar to do it that way, just fuckin' go out and be a crackhead. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Rockstar antics are no fun if they are cynical and thats the sort of impression I get from a lot of the hair metal type bands, they just seemed to be doing it cuz it was the thing to do as a rockstar.  The Stones had a sense of style with it, they appeared to be genuine bohemians with the high level of creativity going on, your Beatles etc and their excursions with hallucinogenics was on another level, your Keith Moon type was like...there was a tremendous amount of insane fun and pranksterism to it.  But a lot of these 80s lot, it all seemed kind of soulless.  You don't even need to be a rockstar to do it that way, just fuckin' go out and be a crackhead. 

That wasn't where they got it from though, their inspirations for that kind of hting was Zeppelin, Van Halen, Sabbath, maybe the Allmans and Skynyrd those guys started that kind of backstage party scene

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

That wasn't where they got it from though, their inspirations for that kind of hting was Zeppelin, Van Halen, Sabbath, maybe the Allmans and Skynyrd those guys started that kind of backstage party scene

Right and from what I've read about the aforementioned it seemed pretty cynical, their way of going about it.

20 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Right and from what I've read about the aforementioned it seemed pretty cynical, their way of going about it.

Yes. Excess became the norm. In all aspects of the lifestyle. And because touring became much more frequent and a much bigger part of the income, the only break from it was when they'd work in the studio on a new album. Then it was back on the road and people lost their minds living from hotel room to hotel room. Mercury got lost in debauchery and it cost him his life.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Len will love this fine contribution to the cinematic arts. 

Out there on the red carpet on a rainy February on Leicester Square, clutching his little thermos of beef broth all done up like Tommy Sixx and Nikki Drumsticks, with his old first copy pressing of their best selling 'Hot Love Lipstick Fuck', just to get an autograph and perhaps for a moment breathe the same rarified air as the heroes of his hair brush and bedroom mirror adolescent fantasies :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Motley Crue - and no, I'm not doing reproducing the umlaute - just epitomise for me the American duffus. It is American duffus rock. They have had their brains removed at some stage, the four of them, because there is nothing in there, in their heads. 

These guys ruined glam, glam was so cool in the hands of Marc Bolan or David Bowie or even The New York Dolls...these lot just took all the panache and self awareness and sense of humour from it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Motley Crue - and no, I'm not doing reproducing the umlaute

The official term is the 'metal umlaut' otherwise known as the 'röck döts'.

Other musical acts to have embraced punctuation are Hear'Say, Wham!, AC/DC and T'Pau. One could conclude that intellectuals, surprisingly don't join pop groups. 

3 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

The official term is the 'metal umlaut' otherwise known as the 'röck döts'.

Other musical acts to have embraced punctuation are Hear'Say, Wham!, AC/DC and T'Pau. One could conclude that intellectuals, surprisingly don't join pop groups. 

I wouldn't normally quote Vince Neil but,

When we came up with the name, we didn’t even know what umlauts were. I can remember it like it was yesterday. We were drinking Löwenbräu, and when we decided to call ourselves Mötley Crüe, we put some umlauts in there because we thought it made us look European. We had no idea that it was a pronunciation thing. When we finally went to Germany, the crowds were chanting, “Mutley Cruh! Mutley Cruh! “ We couldn’t figure out why the fuck they were doing that.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2009/11/motley-crues-vince-neil-is-finally-bored-with-boobs

• Haha 1