GN'R should make a movie

It would need to be A plus though. GN'R would need someone to do a movie, with as good quality, like the Last Waltz. People really underestimate them as a band, and I want a mainstream revival; not just people who like "classic rock" and only listen to Appetite singles. 

Unfortunately, I feel like a GN'R movie wouldn't have the grit and realism necessary. Or it wouldn't be truthful to their story. It would be glamorous and over produced, like that '80s rock movie with Tom Cruise, I can't remember the title

i think that if it ends with the breakup of the band someone will be hurted.. everyone blamed Axl.. do u think Axl will allow that? or the story of the contract for the name of the band and not playing unless they sign it.. i don't think we will ever have this movie unless it has nothing to do with the band.. like an unnofficial movie

Truth is the truth hurts don't you agree?

Edited by duffgnr86
  • Like 1

The story of Guns N' Roses is really complex. Their rise from the Sunset Strip, Illusions-tour, the break-up, the Chinese Democracy -era and the reunion.

One movie couldn't cover all that. I just don't see a Gn'R movie working. But a limited TV series inspired by the story of Guns could be cool. That way you could cover all the drama, excess and madness plus both the hard-edgeness and the softness of the band and their music.

Edited by jekylhyde

A movie about making Appeite For Destruction is absoluty enough. . based on Marc Canters Book.  No UYI, No Chinese Era... just a movie about GN'Rs classic Line Up: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven creating AfD. From the early days of GN'R until playing as support band for the Rolling Stones in BIG ASS Stadium.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Uhh, no thank you. It would result in yet another fictional piece of crap aimed at making money to the detriment of the beauty that GNR represented back then.

So....I'm guessing you didn't like Bohemian Rhapsody ?

These guys have way too many skeletons in their closet (combine that with Axl's attitude towards things like these). Not going to happen. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

A movie about making Appeite For Destruction is absoluty enough. . based on Marc Canters Book.  No UYI, No Chinese Era... just a movie about GN'Rs classic Line Up: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven creating AfD. From the early days of GN'R until playing as support band for the Rolling Stones in BIG ASS Stadium.

I think that would be the way to go, but even then, there would be controversial and incendiary things that needed to be addressed. 

Slash, Steven and Izzy's burning heroin addiction. Axl and Erin Everly's violent relationship...there is still plenty of bad in that part of the story that none of the guys would want to own up to on the big screen. But also, to not show it is to lie about history.

I think a compelling film could be done about Appetite while highlighting the fact that GN'R were damaged people but I cannot see Axl ever licensing the songs to a movie that made him look bad. To do a proper Guns N' Roses movie you have to make him look more than bad, you have to make him look like he could be homicidal at times.

• Like 1

They prob can’t either remember or agree on the events that happened during certain times of their history to make an interesting story. 

You get the feeling from interviews that they’d rather not rehash any of that stuff for those reasons as it’s all in the past 

3 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

It would be glamorous and over produced, like that '80s rock movie with Tom Cruise, I can't remember the title

Rock of Ages

If GnR did a movie like The Dirt it wouldn't have the mainstream attraction that Bohemian Rhapsody had, and it probably wouldn't even tell the whole, complete story, just the watered down wikipedia version. Plus BR turned into the Freddy Mercury story which I wouldn't want a GnR movie to become. And they changed stuff around so parts of the movie were inaccurate.

• Like 1

Definitely not. 

I don't want any nostalgia- which includes glossed over, 'artistically reimagined' works of fiction based on a preconception of what potential audiences would want from a Guns N Roses film. 

I see no attraction whatsoever in these type of films - as a fan I'd take no enjoyment from watching GNR be the subject of one, and would learn nothing new, so what's the point? 

Also, that Motley Crue film looks insufferably shit. The trailer is absolutely pathetic - "hey those are my pants" "they look better on me". I'll be avoiding that shit like the plague! 

Edited by allwaystired

It would have to be told by laying out 3 versions of the “truth”. What happens after sudden fame, how it affects their reality from their different perspectives and personal experiences. Tie in the manipulation from managers, outsiders, pressure of maintaining/building on what they achieved etc which all leads to members quitting and ultimately continuing on. After years of harboring what they believe to be their version of reality of what happened, they regroup and realize that their transgressions and what they believe to have happen aren’t bigger than the bond that inevitably still ties them together

Guns N Roses: The Perils of Rock N Roll Decadence

They would never do it  

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion time, I think actually the Chinese era would make for a great movie. One man’s struggle to release an album admist trials and tribulations with his own personal demons as well as fighting off the media and his past. The climax of the movie would be the album being released and how it wasn’t released how Axl wanted it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Unpopular opinion time, I think actually the Chinese era would make for a great movie. One man’s struggle to release an album admist trials and tribulations with his own personal demons as well as fighting off the media and his past. The climax of the movie would be the album being released and how it wasn’t released how Axl wanted it. 

I would be ok with something like this, actually. You can start it off in the late 90s and show “Axl” (or some fictional character based on him) growing further and further away from his “classic” self.

that to me sounds like a way more interesting movie, and one that’d be a lot easier to do since only axl’s POV would matter.

• Like 4