New Single From Duff: 'Tenderness'

About Slash, I wasn't too keen on Living the Dream but love World On Fire. World On Fire has Slash going into different areas and there is a genuine feeling of the band finding their own identity. And this Duff song might not be much but it is a bloody masterpiece if you go and listen to the new Crue song. If you want a laugh have a listen to the new Crue number on youtube. My ears! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like Living the Dream and Tenderness. 

The drumming and neat rhythmic choices they made on LTD is enough to keep me revisiting the album. Tenderness has a strong Rick Wright vibe imo and I love it for that. Like Dawes and Mudcrutch too. As has been said, the most punk thing to do is to go in this new and unexpected direction. And the lyrics having substance is, in todays world, a radical act.

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And this Duff song might not be much but it is a bloody masterpiece if you go and listen to the new Crue song. If you want a laugh have a listen to the new Crue number on youtube. My ears! 

I gave it a listen and was not disappointed. Vince still sounds like Eric Cartman mixed with nasal chipmunk.  

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

So cheesy and shitty. I neva expecte that kinda crap from Duff, and this also made me depressed for GNR's future. 

If GNR future depends on Duff musically, we are seriously fucked ;)

If GNR album will have any input from Frank, Fortus and Mel, we are seriously fucked.

let's hope for a miracle that will coincide with their contracts expiring and Ax having a moment of sanity to call back Iz/Gilby and Matt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Makes me remind of Tommy Stinson's solo albums lol

Nah, Tommy's solo albums were awesome. Village Gorilla Head is probably one of the best solo albums from any Gunner. Duff's new song is average, at best 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

Did folks see this article in RS? Duff strikes me as a really good and smart person.  Makes me like the song so much more

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/duff-mckagan-new-song-tenderness-795455/

“This is a song of unity and peace… and I want this record to be a meditation and to bring maybe some healing, if that is not too high-handed or lofty of a goal,” McKagan continued. “I can use what marginal voice I have as an artist, to hopefully help arrest what seems like a fall. As a father, I must say and do something now… because I love my girls and my wife, and I love my country, and I feel I must be strong and use my voice now, do it while I am able, or perhaps never get a chance ever again.”

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

About Slash, I wasn't too keen on Living the Dream but love World On Fire. World On Fire has Slash going into different areas and there is a genuine feeling of the band finding their own identity. And this Duff song might not be much but it is a bloody masterpiece if you go and listen to the new Crue song. If you want a laugh have a listen to the new Crue number on youtube. My ears! 

The new Crue song would be a lot better with a singer on it. Instead, they used Vince Neil. I think it's OK. Although, I generally don't include lyrical content in my appraisal of music, so I can understand finding this song to be pretty terrible if you do pay attention to lyrics.

5 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

The new Crue song would be a lot better with a singer on it. Instead, they used Vince Neil. I think it's OK. Although, I generally don't include lyrical content in my appraisal of music, so I can understand finding this song to be pretty terrible if you do pay attention to lyrics.

Lyrically, melodically, musically, the song is offensive to the ears.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Did folks see this article in RS? Duff strikes me as a really good and smart person.  Makes me like the song so much more

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/duff-mckagan-new-song-tenderness-795455/

“This is a song of unity and peace… and I want this record to be a meditation and to bring maybe some healing, if that is not too high-handed or lofty of a goal,” McKagan continued. “I can use what marginal voice I have as an artist, to hopefully help arrest what seems like a fall. As a father, I must say and do something now… because I love my girls and my wife, and I love my country, and I feel I must be strong and use my voice now, do it while I am able, or perhaps never get a chance ever again.”

He could put his words to good use and make those songs for gnrs next release. With duffs meandering songs, and the cd left overs we might have a triple album 🙄

10 hours ago, OmarBradley said:

I wish they would corabi for some recordings.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, DieselDaisy said:

To be fair, even prime Crue sucked. Can't imagine the nursing home version putting out quality material. 

12 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

To be fair, even prime Crue sucked. Can't imagine the nursing home version putting out quality material. 

Nah, Crue has plenty of great tunes. Especially on the Corabi album. There's a bunch of great Vince material too though. 

However, their new single as well as this song from Duff are terrible :/

• Like 1