New Single From Duff: 'Tenderness'

On 2/25/2019 at 1:37 PM, RussTCB said:

Nah, Crue has plenty of great tunes. Especially on the Corabi album. There's a bunch of great Vince material too though. 

However, their new single as well as this song from Duff are terrible :/

I just tried again recently to get into the Corabi album but just can't. Maybe someday... But hell yeah Crue had some killer fucking songs in their day.. The new song isn't one of them and they have become an abomination live. Their final tour was a complete embarrassment and got worse as it went on.. I know because I am an asshole and went to four shows that tour..  Even with The flaws of the current Gn'R  lineup and Axl's voice, the Gn'R shows are on another stratosphere compared to the Crue these days... What a sad ending.. I used to love going to Crue shows.. I have probably seen them 25 times.

49 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just tried again recently to get into the Corabi album but just can't. Maybe someday... But hell yeah Crue had some killer fucking songs in their day.. The new song isn't one of them and they have become an abomination live. Their final tour was a complete embarrassment and got worse as it went on.. I know because I am an asshole and went to four shows that tour..  Even with The flaws of the current Gn'R  lineup and Axl's voice, the Gn'R shows are on another stratosphere compared to the Crue these days... What a sad ending.. I used to love going to Crue shows.. I have probably seen them 25 times.

I saw that last show on AXS TV and thought it wasn't bad, maybe they did a lot of post production editing?

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I used to dig that album but now the only song I sometimes listen to is Poison Apples. It's still better than some of the albums with Vince though. I saw Crue 5 times between 2006-2013, and the last couple shows were pretty bad. The others weren't necessarily 'great' by any means but they were at least passable, fun rock shows. The 2nd CrueFest (when they played the whole Dr Feelgood album) was probably the best show I saw from them. The last time I saw them, the seats were $25 (back of a small arena) and it was more fun to drink beer and talk shit than listen to Vince...

As for the Duff song, I listened to it once and I think that was enough... if he releases a song as good as 'No More' I'll be more interested. On the one hand, it's cool that he's branching out, I guess (though there's some slow/ballad-y Loaded songs). But the song itself isn't that good, it's corny and doesn't really have a proper ending (I assume it leads into the next track on Duff's album but still, you'd think a 'single' would have a better ending).

• Like 2

On 27/02/2019 at 8:05 AM, Tom-Ass said:

The corabi record i love the most is when he was in a band called "the scream" debut albim was called "let it scream". Give it a listen....its very LA cock rock but its a guilty pleasure of mine 🙂

https://youtu.be/yGJSMhxU83k

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1