DUFF MCKAGAN Says AXL ROSE Has Come Up With 'Some Magnificent Stuff' For New GUNS N' ROSES Album

For what it's worth, Duff's comments got to Billboard and Rolling Stone. You can't deny that there's a HUGE demand for a new Gn'R record.

I think this hybrid lineup can pull off a great album. They are all very talented musicians (even Melissa, Frank is arguable :lol:). I have a lot of hope in Richard and Melissa, I think they can provide a lot for a potential new album.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8499718/duff-mckagan-confirms-guns-n-roses-reunion-album

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/duff-mckagan-new-guns-n-roses-album-799258/

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I totally forgot about those VR sessions with Izzy. Hopefully slash hasn’t already cherry picked the best of it for his solo stuff and saved some of them.

part of me thinks that slash/duff probably have riffs and ideas already put aside with a GNR label on them.

the big question is, does axl want to work on new stuff or just tinker with the CD era stuff. Personally I don’t care either way but a few fresh songs would be cool.  I guess we’ll find out when an album drops and we get to see who is credited for each song. If I see one or a few credited axl/slash/duff/Izzy I’ll have a heart attack lol

yeah there have been more izzy slash sessions

they got otgether quite a few times during the years

i dont think axl wants to write songs with izzy or slash or duff

or do anything related to that

if he wanted that he would have done it by now

12 hours ago, Draguns said:

Nice to see that you cherry picked my post to fit your narrative. Here is what I wrote:

As much as I like and want Izzy back, he did sell his share of the partnership. You can't fault the rest of the guys for Izzy selling his part. It's unfortunate that he felt he had to as a result of stress, drugs, etc. However, you can't sell your part of the partnership and then want back in. This is similar to what happened at my employer, Bloomberg. Mike Bloomberg wrote in his biography that a partner in the early days sold his share of the partnership.  The guy wanted back in after seeing how successful the company would become. He was denied since the other partners all took the risk. The guy would have been a billionaire if he had not sold his share. Similar situation. 

You left out the part where I said similar situation. I didn't say the same nor did I leave it without saying similar situation. . 

•  

yeah i cherry picked the parts of your topic where it gets clear that there are very little similarities on your poor comparison

18 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

For me it would be touring with Izzy in the fold.. Music with Frank, Melissa and Fortus doesn't excite me too much.. I bet Izzy and Slash would be writing like crazy on tour.. It would be worth the wait for possible new music written by them.. Plus Izzy knows the importance the right drummer has to Gn'R.. Maybe he could talk some sense into the guys..

So instead of new music that everyone can enjoy, you'd rather they be out there touring with Izzy so you can have the peace of mind of knowing that somewhere out there GNR are touring with Izzy included?  But then kind of suggest that touring with Izzy would lead to new music anyway....and Izzy would talk them out of the drummer you don't like.  

Edited by Modano09
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The other UYI shows I saw when Gn'R were the true headliners there was none of that.. People were  out of there minds from the first song to the last. That was even with them coming on REALLY late one show and Axl threatening to go home and leaving the stage for over a half hour the other show. 

My first big gig was Guns in Slane ‘92, I was 12. Axl was 2 hours late, it was fucking cold (by then) and everyone went Bananas. The energy when Axl hit the stage was unbelievable. I was way the fuck up the back of the crowd with a pissed neighbour who was my “guardian” for the day. The crowd were right into it and I’d never seen so many drunk people in one place, it was a mess. I got shivers a million times during that gig. 

(I ended up driving this “guardian” fucker Home from my parents house, about 6am, as he left his car there and then I jumped on his Honda 50 to get back home 😂)

2006 Dub, he was early, and again a great reaction from the crowd, he sounded amazing. Got a cup off the piano Axl was drinking from, 

2010, 2 hours late, took a huff, fucked off for over an hour, came back, indifference was the theme of the night, but I got the set list so some joy and because he was pissed he just stood there and sang the songs. He has more rasp when he’s not running round. He finished the gig great vocally. Maybe it’s time he stood still. 

2016 on time, weird energy.

2017 on time, bored. 

Anyone who saw guns up to 93 saw a different band than anything since or present.

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

on the sidenote...Ax must be under some serious medication.   back in the day he would leave the stage for someone taking pics or recording bootleg from the crowd, but he now doesn't leave for Frank's playing, WTF!?

I seriously mean, WTF!?  Gotta be medication or deafness.  Did he hear how Frank plays Don't cry on pro shot or sdb like Rio 2017?

Dizzy would do a better job.

Well he probably did hear how his voice sounded in Rio and etc, so maybe he figured he's not in the position to go off at others because of their musical skill 

Duff has become such a slappy...

and to think that I used to like him.

Money can’t buy happiness but it surely buys silence, total compliance and ‘Punk As Fuck’ t-shirts.

At this point, I don’t want new music anymore.  It’s bound to disappoint and aggravate me.  

2 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Money can’t buy happiness but it surely buys silence, total compliance and ‘Punk As Fuck’ t-shirts.

At this point, I don’t want new music anymore.  It’s bound to disappoint and aggravate me.  

On what topic is Duff silly where you would like him to speak and where he would have spoken before?

What do you mean by the total compliance comment and how do would you even know that he is totally compliant to what I assume must be Axl's wishes?

And what does it matter to you whether he sells tshirts with 'punk as fuck' on them?

46 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Poor you

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think a lot of that can be attributed to the fact that they were touring with Metallica.. That was the common theme that tour.. It is hard to follow up a 3 hour blistering Metallica set with a set like GnR's that included ballads. Not too mention not everyone there were Gn'R fans.. Sure the bands shared a lot of common fans (like me) but many people were weary of Axl's antics at that point.  I know that was the case at the show I saw that tour.  Faith No More played.. Then Metallica kicked total ass for 3 hours.. Then we waited THREE HOURS for Axl to show up.. By then everyone was drunk and tired causing people to sit down and even leave.  Just not great circumstances at all.. 

The other UYI shows I saw when Gn'R were the true headliners there was none of that.. People were  out of there minds from the first song to the last. That was even with them coming on REALLY late one show and Axl threatening to go home and leaving the stage for over a half hour the other show. 

The only "momentum killer" in the non-Metallica UYI shows was the boring drum solo.  The local high school drum line could do the same thing.  It would have been OK as a minute or so lead in to YCBM or something but it just kept going on and on and on and on...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yeah there have been more izzy slash sessions

they got otgether quite a few times during the years

i dont think axl wants to write songs with izzy or slash or duff

or do anything related to that

if he wanted that he would have done it by now

Maybe axl has written with them and it’s just in the vault?

3 hours ago, KURT19 said:

What is he it he's not saying that you think he should be saying? 

From Chinese Whispers:

"I am [in GNR] & everything is going to be cool as far as that is concerned. [...] Guns is doing a record so of course Matt & I will be in the studio for at least 3-4 weeks in February. [...] We have song titles, but no album title. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag. [...] We progress naturally. As far as the rumor that one person wants us to change, that's just not true." (Duff chat, 12/17/96)

"[The 1996 tracks are] not something I would want to approach (without Slash), because, at the time, there was only one person that I knew who could do certain riffs that way. [...] That's the reason why that material got scrapped." (Axl, press release, 08/14/02)

How about dusting off some of these along with CD-era "leftovers"?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It didn't work out with Izzy or Adler. It's not Axl/Slash/Duff's fault they didn't just call the whole thing off without them.

Trust me, I get that.  I saw three of the "reunion" shows and they were a blast. 

But Duff could have been punk as funk if he had told Axl that Izzy and Steven HAD to be involved in that NITL tour with Slash.

It rubs salt in the wound now to see Duff walking the walk and talking the talk for Axl and his "new" music. 

Frustrating because IZZY was a major songwriting force in this band and anything new from GnR should involve him, in my not so humble opinion.