DUFF MCKAGAN Says AXL ROSE Has Come Up With 'Some Magnificent Stuff' For New GUNS N' ROSES Album

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Soul Monster

Thyme (Tyme?)

Seven

Checkmate/Jackie Chan

The General

Atlas Shrugged

thats it ! thats what the fans want. 

release them with Slash/Duff doing their parts or just release them "as is" to keep us busy while the big 3 put something new together. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

A significant portion of the band’s catalogue is OldNew, lol.

That's right. Some of the songs from AfD and Lies already dated back to Hollywood Rose and the original GN'R. I don't know why it should be different with a new album. 

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's right. Some of the songs from AfD and Lies already dated back to Hollywood Rose and the original GN'R. I don't know why it should be different with a new album. 

It's true for their whole discography, LLAS was old songs and covers, AFD had at least one old song (Anything Goes), Lies is obvious, UYI's had several AFD-era songs on them, and CD had at least one UYI-era song (This I Love). Even TSI? was about 50% leftovers from the UYI sessions. It would be foolish to think the next album wouldn't have at least a few CD-era songs. I think it'll be mostly, or entirely CD-era stuff with Slash, Duff and Melissa adding their parts.

The other interesting thing about CD-era stuff is, we know there's a lot of songs, and the ones we've heard about were mostly written by a group of people who aren't around anymore ('98-02 lineups), but do you think they'd even consider working on a song if Pitman would get a writing credit? or Ron? or any random other 2-6 people? There's only 1 song on CD where Axl is credited as the sole writer, but we can assume he's got a few more ballads in the vault, waiting for a Slash solo. I wonder if that kinda legal stuff limits the number of songs they'd want to work on?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

The ones concerned about "left overs" Lets all remember that a lot of Use Your Illusion was "left overs" from many years before it.

not many years before 91.

four or five years is considered as too much short in post-breakup-GNR time scale.

5 years of old GNR = 5 days in GNR CD Era time dimensions lol

Edited by ©GnrPersia

2 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I don't get it....why is cool and fun not know what to do next?

For fucks sake Duff...

Because they don't have the same pressures they did back in the day.  They're millionaires many times over.  There's no pressure other than the will and desire to do it.  So they do it for the fun and according to their own gameplay.  

Granted, not cool for us fans.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donny said:

thats it ! thats what the fans want. 

release them with Slash/Duff doing their parts or just release them "as is" to keep us busy while the big 3 put something new together. 

I don't want them to replace Bucket, Robin and Tommy on CD II, but even that reworked material would be better than nothing. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Because they don't have the same pressures they did back in the day.  They're millionaires many times over.  There's no pressure other than the will and desire to do it.  So they do it for the fun and according to their own gameplay.  

Granted, not cool for us fans.  

yea like Elon Musk is under pressure and that's why he's launching rocket after rocket.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The other interesting thing about CD-era stuff is, we know there's a lot of songs, and the ones we've heard about were mostly written by a group of people who aren't around anymore ('98-02 lineups), but do you think they'd even consider working on a song if Pitman would get a writing credit? or Ron? or any random other 2-6 people? There's only 1 song on CD where Axl is credited as the sole writer, but we can assume he's got a few more ballads in the vault, waiting for a Slash solo. I wonder if that kinda legal stuff limits the number of songs they'd want to work on?

Axl likely ensured that he has the legal authority to do what he pleases with anything written by or with any other person under GNR contract.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

An album of only CD-era tracks would be ideal. Save all the NITL ideas until there's enough for their own album, I don't really want 1 or 2 NITL tracks sprinkled in among 10-12 CD-era tracks.

I'm sure the direction of CD stuff with NITL stuff would be antithetical, and probably not be a good blend. Unless the NITL tracks are closer to IRS or Better and they're just hard rockers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Axl likely ensured that he has the legal authority to do what he pleases with anything written by or with any other person under GNR contract.  

I'm sure he could release the songs, but based on the credits in the CD booklet he wrote most songs with a couple other band members or producers. If we're to believe the songs have been 'done' for years, the writing credits would've been established in the '09-14 era or earlier. If for example, Pitman and Brain have a writing credit on an old song, does Axl just buy them out? Do they still get credited? Can he just change the writing credits (without risk of getting sued)?

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

I don't want them to replace Bucket, Robin and Tommy on CD II, but even that reworked material would be better than nothing. 

sometimes you have to accept second best. i just want to hear them in any form. 

Edited by donny

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm sure he could release the songs, but based on the credits in the CD booklet he wrote most songs with a couple other band members or producers. If we're to believe the songs have been 'done' for years, the writing credits would've been established in the '09-14 era or earlier. If for example, Pitman and Brain have a writing credit on an old song, does Axl just buy them out? Do they still get credited? Can he just change the writing credits (without risk of getting sued)?

What difference does it make? New albums don't sell worth a damn these days. It's just an excuse for a new tour, which is where they can make real money. 

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think he needs to buy them out nor change the writing credits.  The co-writer would likely accrue and publishing royalties that might arise for its release.

Many artists use similar contractual obligations when working with others.  I think Ozzy is famous for ensuring anything written with or for him that is released under his name is his property.  

Since Axl owns GNR co. and all players work on contract, he likely retains the rights to do what he pleases with work written for or on behalf of GNR.  That person would still retain publishing rights, but it would be Axl's call.

Again, this is all speculation on my part.  I don't know with any certainty.  But it's not without precedent.  Look at Buckethead's songwriting credits in Chinese Democracy. 

• Like 1

I guess Im becoming a bipolar because of GNR lol just a page ago I posted about how id find cool to release Axl ideas with Slash and Duff touches and now my tought is: fuck off, get the AFD 4, a decent singer and release a killer rock n roll album with Izzy and Steven help. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, default_ said:

I guess Im becoming a bipolar because of GNR lol just a page ago I posted about how id find cool to release Axl ideas with Slash and Duff touches and now my tought is: fuck off, get the AFD 4, a decent singer and release a killer rock n roll album with Izzy and Steven help. 

Ian Astbury with Slash/Izzy/Duff/Steven...that would kick ass. 

• Like 1

Well... I guess we, the "Hard core, die Hard" Fans are the only ones, that are concernd about the origin of the Material. If slash and duff are finde with the axl (CD leftovers) Material, so should we... It fucking doesnt matter in the end, how old These Songs are or who has the most Credits, as long they are good. 

• Like 4