Slash's London show on February 20, 2019 was shot in video for possible official DVD release

ludurigan

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Guarantee it’ll see a release at some point, unlike Guns n’ Roses’ recorded concerts from the NITL that are sitting nice and pretty in a vault.

yes that is what every band in the world who doesn't have axl rose in the line-up do: they release music

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, WildStar said:

I wonder if the DVD will cut the dreadful extended solo. The solo/band intro in Doncaster was 12 minutes long in-between World On Fire. 

I must say the Apollo is a great venue so the DVD will be awesome. 

Only 12 minutes? I've seen him do 30 minutes during rocket queen

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.3.2019 at 8:13 AM, Ant said:

That Sydney moshcam show is waaaay better than the Sunset Strip or Stoke shows. Tis the gold standard imo.

Sydney is terrific. Such a shame it was never released properly. Anyone in the know who can comment? 

Seems weird to do an elaborate shoot with nothing more than a webcast in mind...

the 1080x1920 on YouTube is very good, but still....

On 11/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, gunsfannor said:

Sydney is terrific. Such a shame it was never released properly. Anyone in the know who can comment? 

Seems weird to do an elaborate shoot with nothing more than a webcast in mind...

the 1080x1920 on YouTube is very good, but still....

It was done by a concerts audiovisual producer company, looks like they took it serious to make a good job. It looks and sounds good BUT there's one trouble, rythm guitar is muted, I also guess it wasn't recorded in multicam, so the wouldn't be able to do overdubs (Slash made a mistake during Nightrain solo for example)

On 9/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, Ant said:

That Sydney moshcam show is waaaay better than the Sunset Strip or Stoke shows. Tis the gold standard imo.

I liked Made in Stoke, but live from the roxy is awful, I prefer any of the festival pro shots from the World on Fire tour

3 hours ago, fanfzero said:

It looks and sounds good BUT there's one trouble, rythm guitar is muted, I also guess it wasn't recorded in multicam, so the wouldn't be able to do overdubs (Slash made a mistake during Nightrain solo for example)

Wrong, wrong, wrong. R and L channels are swapped, that's why it sounds odd. 

How come you find rhythm guitar to be muted? 

On 15/3/2019 at 12:29 AM, Ralphelmo said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. R and L channels are swapped, that's why it sounds odd. 

How come you find rhythm guitar to be muted? 

Minute 1:49, I can barely hear Frank's guitar during his part on the solo (the part Izzy/Gilby did with gnr)

Same during Anastasia, It's not muted but it's really low 

In Outa Get Me it gets buried by bass, drums and Slash's guitar, it can be heard at the beggining because only him and the drummer are playing

Edited by fanfzero
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EvH said:

Agreed with others posts about Roxy. The mix is flat, and the show is nothing special. Thanks for cutting the count it to Ghost, mixer!

Slash's tone is terrible in the Roxy show also, but the production doesn't do him any favors. That's whole show was mixed really badly. Hoping this new one will be better.

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Slash's tone is terrible in the Roxy show also, but the production doesn't do him any favors. That's whole show was mixed really badly. Hoping this new one will be better.

Is it me or most live cds/dvds from all bands from this decades are mixed live shit? Most of the shows from the 2000s are mixed better

DVD? what about Blu-ray? :)

I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I didn't know Slash played in the UK

I've only just discovered Living The Dream is available. I knew it was coming out, then forgot about it. I normally pick up all the Slash albums :)

..i guess the Slash Gn'R tour is over for now. Is that it? ..any news on *new* G'n'R Slash + Axl music?

4 hours ago, star said:

DVD? what about Blu-ray? :)

I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I didn't know Slash played in the UK

I've only just discovered Living The Dream is available. I knew it was coming out, then forgot about it. I normally pick up all the Slash albums :)

..i guess the Slash Gn'R tour is over for now. Is that it? ..any news on *new* G'n'R Slash + Axl music?

There are talks about it. Slash's latest statement was that he's touring with the Conspirators til august and then they will focus on a new GNR record.

19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

There are talks about it. Slash's latest statement was that he's touring with the Conspirators til august and then they will focus on a new GNR record.

'new GNR record' - Amazing! i hope it happens :)

Thanks for the reply.

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2019 at 4:19 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Any word on when this DVD will be coming out? It's summer now.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:34 PM, EvH said:

I had forgotten about that. Would be nice to have,  if the mix is better than Roxy. 

I'm wondering if they were just meaning this ⬇️ and not the whole show. I hope i'm wrong

• Like 1
  • Sad 1