GNR doing covers...love or hate them? What's your favourite?

I think they did too many covers in recent years, but still I enjoy a good cover every once in a while.

How about you? Should they drop covers, play even more or just try different ones?

Of the covers they did, my favourite is "Don't Let It Bring You Down", originally by Neil Young, such a good song.

Least favourite? "Black Hole Sun", nice tribute to Chris Cornell and all, but not very creative. I think most of their covers are way too close to the original. Would love to see them give a great and perhaps lesser known song a GNR treatment. Any ideas?

26 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I think they did too many covers in recent years, but still I enjoy a good cover every once in a while.

How about you? Should they drop covers, play even more or just try different ones?

Of the covers they did, my favourite is "Don't Let It Bring You Down", originally by Neil Young, such a good song.

Least favourite? "Black Hole Sun", nice tribute to Chris Cornell and all, but not very creative. I think most of their covers are way too close to the original. Would love to see them give a great and perhaps lesser known song a GNR treatment. Any ideas?

Im a fan of TSI, but i do think guns can do covers extremely well. However BHS and "i  feel good" are just boring. Maybe its just different crowds in different cities....In the right context they can make a good setlist flow or in the 2 examples i have provided dont go down well with the fans and makes the show boring, which means its 2 extra illusion songs they could have played during NITL. 

If they release a new album and maybe do some warmup shows like the theatre shows of 91, hope they add mama kin to the setlist.

Edited by Sydney Fan

20 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I love The Seeker :smiley-confused2:

I also loved Axl's version of Dust in the Wind from the Illusions tour

I think that on a good day Axl could do a decent D'yer Maker from Led Zep

I also liked axls version of tge sabbath song "its alright". Pity they havnt done aint in fun live.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

My most hated is SIDHY. I can't bear that song, I'm not sure why? Something about it just sets my teeth on edge. :lol:

Its funny. When i listen to the opening chords slash seems to play it so effortlessly. Theres a video ashba did where he sat down and did the song and he was struggling to find the opening chords and create sustain on the guitar which proves he wasnt a good fit for gnr. Sorry im rambling.

22 minutes ago, downzy said:

Like most of you, would prefer to hear GNR songs but if it means a longer show, then I'm all for them.  

We might be in the minority @janrichmond, but I agree, I enjoy The Seeker as well. 

No, I love the Seeker too. :heart:

I don't mind them at all. In fact, I like most of them. ;)