Pokemon Sword and Shield

AxlRoseCDII

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Which starter are you guys leaning towards? I'm thinking Sobble maybe.

P.S. I love the artstyle.

I always go grass starter, so I’m going Grookey Gang

This game looks spectacular. It’s the Breath of the Wild of Pokémon titles.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I know this depends on a bunch of little things but Sword or Shield? I'm leaning Shield.

There’s not enough to really go off of yet for me, but I’m going to go Shield since my childhood friend is getting Sword, so we can relive our childhoods and be able to trade with each other lol. 

Does this mean you’re getting a Switch again soon?

11 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I always go grass starter, so I’m going Grookey Gang

This game looks spectacular. It’s the Breath of the Wild of Pokémon titles.

Fire, always!

I don't have Switch, but hopefully a Switch Emu is being worked on, as I'd really like to play this and Let's Go. For now, I'm just stuck replaying HeartGold on my iOS DS emu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@Oldest Goat

Im not buying the new Pokémon games. Graphically they look like an N64 game, they re-used the animations of the NPCS and Pokémon from the 3DS era games, they didn’t bring back all the Pokémon, and I’m sorry but it’s a blatant cash grab with a gimmick being the giant Pokémon thing that I don’t care about. I’ve never had my hype get killed for a game so quickly before. Fuck em, they arent getting my money. I actually appreciate that the showed off more of gameplay since it saved me 60 dollars.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

And the icing on the cake? Going forward all Pokémon games won't have a national dex...

Game Freak: The fans? Gotta fuck'em all.

The worst part is that because it’s pokemon and it’s on Switch you know it’s going to sell like hot cakes even though the final product is mediocre and has LESS content then games released 10+ years ago for 40$, while this game is 60$. You just know people are going to eat it up anyway and give Game Freak all their money. I’ll tell you one thing though- Game Freak isn’t getting a cent out of me. It’s funny to think Pokémon fans were speculating this was going to be the Breath of the Wild of Pokémon before this information. Utter crap and Game Freak, and to an extent Nintendo, should be ashamed.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

They're shamelessly lazy and inept. They're fucking useless and greedy. The amount of money they rake in with the franchise is gargantuan. And yet they constantly cut features and fuck things up and now, don't even include all Pokémon? Get fucked. Honestly, I might skip it too when I get a Super Nintendo Switch. 

I think currently I'm most looking forward to MCC PC, Cyberpunk 2077 and Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Look at the quality and content of those and then look at this trash lolwut. Dragon Quest XI looks gorgeous btw.

Game Freak are like the Guns N' Roses of videogames (in the bad sense).

I haven’t enjoyed Pokémon in years anyways, it was naive of me to think a game on Switch would’ve brought me back to the franchise. Even the 3DS games weren’t as fun. Gimmicks, tutorials, etc. but at least they were complete games with every Pokémon. Pokémon hasn’t been good since the DS games in my opinion. 

Did you get/are you going to get Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? Seems like it’d be right up your alley.

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

They don't even bother to cut the inane tutorials eh? For fuck sake. It's all such a shame because the series could easily be way, way better even without changing the formula too much.

I'm not really sure how Xbox Game Pass works so I've sort of dismissed it and not thought about it tbh.

I had it before I sold my Xbox One. It’s a good service. 

• 3 months later...
On 16-7-2019 at 8:37 AM, Oldest Goat said:

They don't even bother to cut the inane tutorials eh? For fuck sake. It's all such a shame because the series could easily be way, way better even without changing the formula too much.

I'm not really sure how Xbox Game Pass works so I've sort of dismissed it and not thought about it tbh.

the xbox one is the new N64. so much badass action games; shooters, adventures and survival horror. I love it so much.

11 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Looks so terrible I wouldn't even bother if it were to ever be on sale.

Garbage game from what we’ve seen. I refuse to pay $60 to play a game that has areas that look ripped out of Ocarina of a Time. Less content than the 3DS titles as well.

• 3 weeks later...

my 7 year old son thinks pokemon are cute and he wants this game. 

Being a good dad, he is already experienced with FF7, FF9 and FF10 (he thinks FF10 is the best one as it has the coolest summons) so he knows his way around an RPG. He managed to play FF9 on the easiest settings (maxed stats) and had a good time.

I for one have never played a pokemon game before and don't really know what to expect. That said, when he'll return from school today, a flashy new pokemon game will await him.

As long as the game is "fun" I'm happy. Reviews seem to agree on this at least: it's fun to play.

Edited by action

I had no idea people still played Pokémon haha. I really tried to play some newer games but I don't like most of the new Pokémon, they seem to go for cuter designs nowadays. I played Red, Yellow and Silver to death when I was a kid. Gen 3 had a few decent Pokémon but the story was a bit boring. I really did enjoy Fire Red and Soul Silver tho.

The kid in me died when I saw what they did to Dugtrio and Exeggutor. And when I saw what Ash looks like nowadays. Said kid in me hadn't recovered from what they did to Goku when Dragon Ball Super just started.

But maybe I'm just bitter about it, and both series are still good since both fanbases have been growing each year.