The morality of the artist

Gracii Guns

53 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So the obvious solution is to only listen to bootleg copies of nonce music? 

This whole 'support the artist' thing to insinuate that you're kinda enabling or facilitating the pedophilia is over-blown.  If Jacko hadn't've been a famous singer he would've just made do with a Bedford van, a stun gun and a roll of gaffer tape.  Perhaps a job down the local creche as a clown.  In fact you're probably doing the kid a favour, if you're paying for the albums and funding his fortune at least they got a go on the Neverland rollercoasters first.

Edited by Len Cnut

16 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I just meant that like...this shit is out there, readily available...and its not like its some obscure band so it maybe got overlooked, if anyone cared to pile in and make a point of it the last year or so has been a bang on good time to do it.  But no one has really.  Cuz no one cares cuz its a cool band. 

Aside from new allegations surfacing, I can’t see much rhyme or reason to who the pitchforks do or don’t come for. Axl’s been spared so far. Kiedis has/had a very well known predilection for teenage girls, and not in the murkier 70’s celebrity climate. Shit, I’m still waiting for them to come for Nicholson and Beatty 🤣

Edited by Angelica

I’ve never been a Polanski defender and would be delighted if he were dragged back to serve time in the US, but  as long as he’s capable of delivering a Pianist or Ghost Writer every decade or so, I’ll continue to patronize his films. 

When the Woody Allen crapola blew back up in 2013, I lived in abject terror for a while that a credible allegation might emerge and did consider how it would affect my relationship with his work if it did.  

If you don’t want to financially support someone morally suspect, that’s admirable, but cancel culture is inane. 

Edited by Angelica

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

What?

You're not serious, are you?

It was an obvious skit/schtick....and back in the 80's/90's that sort of thing was somewhat funny.  The woman was obviously never in serious distress and she was more than likely some sort of paid model/actress for the skit.  Howard Stern would have worse skits than that on a weekly basis on his show.  That was comedy back then.

Please keep the 2019 social justice warrior nonsense in 2019 and let the 80's be.  Please.

If you have issues with that, you are on the wrong forum...because this band has done things 100x worse than that (They've written about it).....just sayin'.

Nope to almost all of this.

200.gif.3ea80cf2efeb32d62717200627e5e9e2.gif

This is the woman who as assaulted in the video: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleo_Rocos

She was not a no-name actress meant to play a role here.  Nor was she "in" on the joke.  If you can watch that video and think she enjoyed it or was apart of the shtick, good lord, I don't know what to tell you.

Why should we let any decade be?  That's nonsense.  Should we excuse other bad behaviour because they were simply a sign of the times?  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

33 minutes ago, downzy said:

Nope to almost all of this.

200.gif.3ea80cf2efeb32d62717200627e5e9e2.gif

This is the woman who as assaulted in the video: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleo_Rocos

She was not a no-name actress meant to play a role here.  Nor was she "in" on the joke.  If you can watch that video and think she enjoyed it or was apart of the shtick, good lord, I don't know what to tell you.

Why should we let any decade be?  That's nonsense.  Should we excuse other bad behaviour because they were simply a sign of the times?  

It’s also worth noting Kiedis, Smith and Balzary had all been convicted of sexual battery a few  months before this was filmed.

Labelling anyone a SJW because they find *something* offensive is as dumb and reductive as any knee jerk reaction you’ll get from the biggest pearl clutching purity patrolman on twitter. There is no context in which that video isn’t fucked. 

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They also shagged their way about a bit. Her from ABBA was of such a dalliance. 

Well, she was a Lebensborn child. It seemed a bit more organized than just shagging around a bit. Awful how Norway treated the mothers and their children. No good pointing fingers at other countries though, as all countries have done horrible things they should be ashamed of.

29 minutes ago, Lio said:

Well, she was a Lebensborn child. It seemed a bit more organized than just shagging around a bit. Awful how Norway treated the mothers and their children. No good pointing fingers at other countries though, as all countries have done horrible things they should be ashamed of.

I don't think it was any worse in Norway than many other places, though. Bad treatment was quite common, unfortunately, across the board.

I don't think Norwegian women had to have their hair sheared which was so common in other countries that were liberated.

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think it was any worse in Norway than many other places, though. Bad treatment was quite common, unfortunately, across the board.

I don't think Norwegian women had to have their hair sheared which was so common in other countries that were liberated.

Not sure if they shaved their head specifically, but those things happened by other civilians, so who knows what they went through specifically. The thing that stands out in particular, is that they tried to ship off innocent kids to Germany, and if that didn't work, put them in mental institutions. I don't think I heard that from any other country.

51 minutes ago, Lio said:

Well, she was a Lebensborn child.

Seriously?!  Fuck.  I never knew that, which one, the blonde bird or the other one?  Dont say the fuckin’ one with the beard! :lol:  Wait, no, says ‘she’.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have long since though they were a wanker band. Like Motley Crue. A band compromising of wankers. Their music is shite also. 

Who, the Chili Peppers?

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Seriously?!  Fuck.  I never knew that, which one, the blonde bird or the other one?  Dont say the fuckin’ one with the beard! :lol:  Wait, no, says ‘she’.

Funny enough the brown haired one :lol:

9 hours ago, Angelica said:

I’m still waiting for them to come for Nicholson and Beatty 🤣

They better get a move on, they’re getting ripe.  I’m quite a Kirk Douglas fan and the murmurs around him sort of get louder and louder sometimes then cool off again.  It’ll be a shame the day they drag (or wheel) ol’ Kirky away to the tumbrils, I have an incredible fondness for his film, not that thats any reason that sex offenders should be let off.

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Funny enough the brown haired one :lol:

Well that was a bit of a fuck up, weren’t it? :lol:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They better get a move on, they’re getting ripe.  I’m quite a Kirk Douglas fan and the murmurs around him sort of get louder and louder sometimes then cool off again.  It’ll be a shame the day they drag (or wheel) ol’ Kirky away to the tumbrils, I have an incredible fondness for his film, not that thats any reason that sex offenders should be let off.

Kirk presented best picture at the first post #metoo Golden Globe ceremony. It was frankly surreal.

He was a great actor and movie star but the rumors are too ugly , there’s no way they don’t overwhelm the coverage of his death when it finally happens. (Especially if the Natalie Wood one is true and her sister Lana makes good on her word to confirm it upon his death).

Edited by Angelica

19 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Kirk presented best picture at the first post #metoo Golden Globe ceremony. It was frankly surreal.

He was a great actor and movie star but the rumors are too ugly , there’s no way they don’t overwhelm the coverage of his death when it finally happens. 

Something about that family and sex don't tick right.  I remember seeing this thing where Michael is talking about how Kirk has discovered facetime and keeps facetiming at odd hours, when he's in bed, I think there was this vid too where he's in bed and Kirks facetiming him and Michaels like 'what, what is it, what do you want to see?  You wanna see Catherine, don't you?'.  I probably definitely read too much into that but that sounded sort of weird, I mean you're in bed with the missus and your centurion old man calls up to cop a gander at her in her nightie or something.  That familys got a problem with sex, wasn't Michael like a sex addict?  I remember reading somewhere that he said he got mouth cancer from eating pussy :lol:  Truly, women are the fuckin' root of all evil, you see that shit? :lol:  Michael Douglas is the most off putting thing about every sex secene he's ever starred in.

Edited by Len Cnut

Kirk was so convincing in the film Champion as the arrogant arsehole cut-throat boxer who rose from nowhere to the top, mistreating women and giving all his friends and business associates a raw deal, perhaps because the role was kinda close to home.  His old man was basically a turn of the last century equivalent of a rag and bone man.  They were like dirt poor...not I can't afford a playstation poor but like, I can't afford breakfast poor.  I heard Lauren Bacall knew him as a young girl, pre-fame and fancied the pants off of him.

18 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Angelica @Len Cnut What's Kirk Douglas accused of doing?

Just googled him. 101years old and looking grim af. If I ever look like that kill me.

Raping a young Natalie Wood.  Repeatedly.  I don't know the full details, Angelica could probably tell you better, little Heat Magazine queen that she is :lol:, but uh, I think it was something like she did that shit under the auspices of her mother in exchange for work in the industry. 

27 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Angelica @Len Cnut What's Kirk Douglas accused of doing?

Just googled him. 101years old and looking grim af. If I ever look like that kill me.

One of the longest running rumors in Hollywood is that he was the perpetrator of the rape that Natalie Wood suffered when she was 16 (it was so brutal she had to be hospitalized for significant blood loss). It dates back to the 50’s and has been alluded to in various biographies but he’s never been formally accused publicly. Wood’s sister Lana has stated that she’ll confirm the identity of Natalie’s attacker upon his death....so we’ll see I guess. 

There have also been rumors he assaulted Jean Seberg but I’m less familiar with the sources of those. 

Edited by Angelica

Wood’s sister Lana has stated that she’ll confirm the identity of Natalie’s attacker upon his death....so we’ll see I guess.

Why wait until his death?  If it is him surely that means he's gotten away with it.  Mind you at 102 he's sort of gotten away with it anyway.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Raping a young Natalie Wood.  Repeatedly.  I don't know the full details, Angelica could probably tell you better, little Heat Magazine queen that she is :lol:, but uh, I think it was something like she did that shit under the auspices of her mother in exchange for work in the industry. 

And her mom let the studio cover it up, lest the public view her as ‘damaged goods’.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Why wait until his death?  If it is him surely that means he's gotten away with it.  Mind you at 102 he's sort of gotten away with it anyway.

He could deny it and sue her? I don’t know. It’s not like Lana’s word would be enough to charge him with anything. Him being 102 has presumably seriously narrowed the field of other possible suspects though.