Anyone meet Slash after his solo shows?

mrw80

4 hours ago, fanfzero said:

Ok, so no pictures, but would there be any trouble if the person who comes with me takes a picture while he is signing my album? (Without posing or anything, just picturing the scene)

Probably Axl would jump out at him, screaming something like "lame ass security" and damage his camera.

I think it's offensive to take a picture even this way, when a person says no pictures... but that's just my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Probably Axl would jump out at him, screaming something like "lame ass security" and damage his camera.

I think it's offensive to take a picture even this way, when a person says no pictures... but that's just my opinion.

Yes. I think they even said, if someone takes a pic, they will leave right away.

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2019 at 10:11 PM, Chester 524 said:

MRW80- are you from Philly?   are you going to Duffs show in May?  I was thinking about going but then heard the new single and am now thinking it's probably not worth going to. I also have noone to go with (I have never met another Duff fan).  and it's my wedding anniversary (lol, my wife knows my first love is GNR so it's cool if I go to the show)

I'm from Allentown and I'm in Philly a lot for shows and whatnot but I just could never get into Duff's solo music.  I was thinking about going to the show but honestly I probably wouldn't enjoy it much.

Saw Duff with walking papers years ago and that was dope.

• 5 weeks later...

I saw him in Madison WI in 2012 I think and after the show there was a good amount of people waiting and his manager or someone told everyone to form a line and Slash would sign 1 thing per person

I rarely ever post here, but this subject is bothering me. There are a lot of stories out there of Slash being a flat out dick to his fans. I get that it must be frustrating to get asked for pictures and autographs everywhere he goes, but at the same time it’s not ok to be a dick to his fans. I was going to buy one of the limited autographed CDs/LPs of Living The Dream and decided not to after reading this thread and other stories I’ve heard. As a big Slash fan, I’m not sure how to reconcile all of this.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Birdman said:

I rarely ever post here, but this subject is bothering me. There are a lot of stories out there of Slash being a flat out dick to his fans. I get that it must be frustrating to get asked for pictures and autographs everywhere he goes, but at the same time it’s not ok to be a dick to his fans. I was going to buy one of the limited autographed CDs/LPs of Living The Dream and decided not to after reading this thread and other stories I’ve heard. As a big Slash fan, I’m not sure how to reconcile all of this.

I think it just depends on what mood he's in and the general environment. For every story of him being a dick there's half a dozen of him being cool. Just depends on where he's being approached. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/06/2019 at 2:03 AM, Birdman said:

The guy gets hassled all the time. The same questions, autographs, selfies, same questions, autographs, selfies.

He is only human. 

Yeah man.... I think for a lot of famous people, if you go on a mission looking for “so and so is a dick,” you can get into a confirmation bias situation. There’s a lot of stories of him being really cool, signing really elaborate autographs, just being chill as f. 

Sucks in that moment he couldn’t recognize a 15yo kid super fan and have a little tact... but maybe he just fought with Perla, Scott was strung out and he was late for sound check! 

When I see those dudes shoving Stratocaster pickguards in his face it makes me wince.

Slash is probably my biggest celebrity idol in that childhood hero sense... the reason why I’ve spent thousands of hours playing guitar... honestly I’d be afraid to meet him, haha.

Edited by Ant

just b/c I'm seeing fans say here he isn't the most friendliest... I just wanted to share my expierence w/ him...

went to an after hours private party when VR was in town and told Slash that I loved his music and his response was very humble as he said he hoped that I would like his new material. He was all smiles. This was early 2000s so unsure how a meeting now would go. Maybe I'll find out in the next few weeks--wish me luck ;) 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, Ant said:

Yeah man.... I think for a lot of famous people, if you go on a mission looking for “so and so is a dick,” you can get into a confirmation bias situation. There’s a lot of stories of him being really cool, signing really elaborate autographs, just being chill as f. 

Sucks in that moment he couldn’t recognize a 15yo kid super fan and have a little tact... but maybe he just fought with Perla, Scott was strung out and he was late for sound check! 

When I see those dudes shoving Stratocaster pickguards in his face it makes me wince.

Slash is probably my biggest celebrity idol in that childhood hero sense... the reason why I’ve spent thousands of hours playing guitar... honestly I’d be afraid to meet him, haha.

I think that the adage "you never want to meet your heroes" is probably true.

In grand rapids 2012 he came out and signed an autograph for everyone after the show, but it was a SMALL place and it seems the venues are bigger with harder to access artist entrances for this tour, so Im not sure if that would dictate his signing after shows.

He IS however pretty shy and quiet so you gotta respect that! 

Side note if you meet Steven Adler he is the most genuine and awesome dude ever and REALLY easy to meet at his shows.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've met Slash a few times after concerts. Twice while he was with MKC and once with VR. The recent ones with MKC was more formal- line up, he signs something and you're on your way (hand shake as well). When he was with VR, I actually met him at his hotel bar. My friend and I decided to try going to the only hotel that was nice enough to house famous people. It was the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas, so not many acts came through our parts, at least not back then (2004). I jokingly asked one of the bell men if Slash was here and he said "yeah, he's at the bar." I was stunned. My friend and I went straight to the bar and engaged in conversation with him. Very cool and easy to talk to. He was amazed that I remembered about his blues ball band...lol. We asked him for a pic and he said of course. We would have kept on talking with him but Perla called and he said he had to take it. He sat talking on the couches in the lounge area with her for a while, but then just suddenly got up and went to his room. I remember he was drinking wine. We asked for some as well but were denied because it was 3 am and apparently only Slash was able to be served (cut off in Texas is 2am). After reading all of the stories about meeting Slash, the only thing I can reason is that he is more conversational and engaging when drinking. I think a lot of us are like that. Meeting him was one of the highlights of my life....he has really made a deep musical impact with me. 

• Like 2

I met him four times already, I won't forget the very first one. The aftershow with MKC was done and Slash was the only one to be missed there, I brought a special gift for the band and Brent told me "Slash has to see it" and we went straight into his room. He's a very kind person which doesn't like to be praised or glorified during the conversation (at all, actually). Three next times I've been invited by Slash to see him, you don't even know how great this man is. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1