Gilby Clarke - Pawnshop Guitars coming to vinyl

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was just recently that I listened to a Mitch Lafon interview with Gilby where Gilby lamented that Virgin owns the master and since Gilby is no longer on that label a re-release wasnt looking likely. They even entertained the notion that he might re record the album to get around that. They loop back to that conversation at the end of interview @ 1:15:00 http://northeastrockreview.com/rock-talk-with-mitch-lafon-steve-harris-gilby-clarke/

So this is just lots of good news!!! Killer album, Axl should've kept him on and used his writing!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, zombux said:

@soon actually, in 2014 he re-recorded Tijuana Jail for 20th anniversary release together with a new music video, but I strongly prefer the original version of both the song and the music video

Oh right, thanks. I wasnt thinking of this one when I posted. Thats true, he's already underway with re-recordings. I agree with you that the album version is better, but its cool to have a studio version that is more true to the 3 piece arrangement that he performs live (albeit with some guitar overdubs here).

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

The same company presses the Ju Ju Hounds album as well as 117. I may have to look into getting all 3. 

I have quite a few MOV releases, including the above Izzy albums. They also did Duff's Believe in Me recently. All of them are steller releases and I have no complaints. Give or take a decade ago they were known for putting out sub-par work but I haven't seen any complaints about their releases in recent years. The source they use for the vinyl pressing is sort of whatever they can get so sometimes its CD sourced. Nonetheless, i'm expecting this release to be solid and look forward to getting it. 

Edited by hitmanhart408
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Cure Me Or Kill Me would’ve been a great GnR song imo. Could totally picture Axl singing that one. Damn shame it didn’t work out.

on topic; this is cool! Happy for gilby. Good album!

Yeah man.. It is a damn shame Axl fired Gilby.. He was seamless transition from Izzy and I think he would have been able to contribute to some great Guns N' Roses music judging from the songs he wrote/played with Slash on Pawnshop Guitars and It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Legit chemistry... 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hitmanhart408 said:

I have quite a few MOV releases, including the above Izzy albums. They also did Duff's Believe in Me recently. All of them are steller releases and I have no complaints. Give or take a decade ago they were known for putting out sub-par work but I haven't seen any complaints about their releases in recent years. The source they use for the vinyl pressing is sort of whatever they can get so sometimes its CD sourced. Nonetheless, i'm expecting this release to be solid and look forward to getting it. 

Yeah, I have a good range of MOV releases ranging from so-so to stunningly good. I forgot that they'd done Believe In Me recently as well. Good stuff. I wonder if they'll get around to the early Slash releases.

I love Gilby's works. Very straightforward hard rock. Have lots of good memories even with his SWAG album. Another wasted potential in GN'R. 

Glad for him that he was only roughly 3 years in the band and released his own stuff ever since and done great collaborations with Slash and in Rockstar Supernova...

Unlike Richard who has wasted his energy being in a dysfunctional band for over 15 years.

Edited by ©GnrPersia

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I have a good range of MOV releases ranging from so-so to stunningly good. I forgot that they'd done Believe In Me recently as well. Good stuff. I wonder if they'll get around to the early Slash releases.

go and request. but don't forget to ask for Izzy's like a dog too

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Unlike Richard who has wasted his energy being in a dysfunctional band for over 15 years.

more or less true. considering he was a part of quite a lot bands and projects before he plunged into GNR - shameful waste of talent, time, money, everything.

at least he did a decent stint with Daisies :) 

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just don't understand how Rose could look at Gilby who had ''Cure Me'' and ''Tijuana Jail'' - both great rockers - and go, ''I don't really want to write with this guy'', then look at Tobias and go, ''yip, he is my guy''. 

Of all the crazy GN'R-Axl decisions, I think that one, and obviously the Ashba one, are the ones I question the most. Gilbys awesome!

• Like 2

Cool, love this record. 

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just don't understand how Rose could look at Gilby who had ''Cure Me'' and ''Tijuana Jail'' - both great rockers - and go, ''I don't really want to write with this guy'', then look at Tobias and go, ''yip, he is my guy''. 

Lets not forget Skin N Bones, a great song that would contribute to a diversity/Izzy-esque side of the album.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Of all the crazy GN'R-Axl decisions, I think that one, and obviously the Ashba one, are the ones I question the most. Gilbys awesome!

Indeed. And to think that its a possibility that Yoda just warned of Gilbys "vibe." (like just potentially that was a factor)

• Like 1