Leaving Neverland, Michael Jackson Documentary, HBO

JONEZY

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are the product of a white mother though and mixed race kids can be very white. ''Blanket'' - at least I think that is Blanket although he/she may be a duvet - has at least the black geezer's nose.

Well maybe blanket’s got a bit of ethnic in him but the other two are about as honky as you can get. 

I watched the whole thing now. Very unsettling, as expected, of course. But I felt like I just had to get this over with.

Like some of you have said, it does offer an explanation of how they changed their stories from originally defending him to what they're saying now.

From my teenage years I've always considered Jackson as Wacko Jacko, but now there is no doubt in my mind he was not only excentric and creepy, but also totally aware that what he was doing was very wrong, and being very calculated about it.

31 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are the product of a white mother though and mixed race kids can be very white. ''Blanket'' - at least I think that is Blanket although he/she may be a duvet - has at least the black geezer's nose.

He's changed his name into Bigi, I read.

I thought the documentary was very interesting, but it didn't really change my opinion about anything.

The very same people who are now accusing Jackson were previously very convincing in defending him. It could be that they are telling the truth now and had their reasons to lie in the past. Still, when you say one thing today and the polar opposite tomorrow, it does hurt your credibility.

Assuming they aren't currently lying, I'd still have to question the accuracy of their memories. Research has shown that about one third of people are prone to developing false memories. We know that over the years Robson and Safechuck were repeatedly subjected to very suggestive questioning about whether Jackson ever molested them. All the while they were hearing allegations about Jackson molesting other little boys. Not saying that "false memory syndrome" is necessarily what is happening here, but it's a possibility among others. It would explain why they changed their stories and still seem so sincere both before and after.

I think this guy makes some good points:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I thought the documentary was very interesting, but it didn't really change my opinion about anything.

The very same people who are now accusing Jackson were previously very convincing in defending him. It could be that they are telling the truth now and had their reasons to lie in the past. Still, when you say one thing today and the polar opposite tomorrow, it does hurt your credibility.

Assuming they aren't currently lying, I'd still have to question the accuracy of their memories. Research has shown that about one third of people are prone to developing false memories. We know that over the years Robson and Safechuck were repeatedly subjected to very suggestive questioning about whether Jackson ever molested them. All the while they were hearing allegations about Jackson molesting other little boys. Not saying that "false memory syndrome" is necessarily what is happening here, but it's a possibility among others. It would explain why they changed their stories and still seem so sincere both before and after.

I think this guy makes some good points:

I think the false memory thing is far - fetched, but he does make good points about other things.

this guy claims to be molested himself as a child, and he describes why the behaviour of the two MJ victims is unbelievable in ways I could never do. It covers a side of the argument only a victim of child molestation could.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Mines Viv Westwood, totally different thing, yours is a cartoon facsimillie of Mick Jagger, mines some old clothes designer hag trying to be provocative :lol:

well, as oscar wilde said, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness :P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah well greatness ended up dying penniless in Paris for being a bum boy so whoose laughing now? :lol:

If you're gonna die a penniless bum boy there are worse places to be than Paris. :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah well greatness ended up dying penniless in Paris for being a bum boy so whoose laughing now? :lol:

on second thought, it probably wasn't a strategic move to quote oscar wilde in a thread about paedophiles

But dammit, why can't you find a great quote these days, without stumbling on pedophiles and / or sex offenders. Being smart is getting to be suspicious!

Edited by action
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, action said:

on second thought, it probably wasn't a strategic move to quote oscar wilde in a thread about paedophiles

But dammit, why can't you find a great quote these days, without stumbling on pedophiles and / or sex offenders. Being smart is getting to be suspicious!

Book reading leads to communism, its a well known fact.  From there the overall moral decay begins, leading to all sorts of other sins, from atheism to homosexuality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1