Leaving Neverland, Michael Jackson Documentary, HBO

JONEZY

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Book reading leads to communism, its a well known fact.  From there the overall moral decay begins, leading to all sorts of other sins, from atheism to homosexuality.

well, I guess I know what to light up the fire place with this evening :lol:

• Haha 1

On 2019-03-09 at 12:30 PM, alfierose said:

I've watched this now, if anyone has a Netflix account it's really worth watching in context of the patterns of grooming whole families brought up in the Neverland doc.

Warning - it's every bit as disturbing and even more bizarre but the themes are the same around love bombing the whole family, ingraining themselves into the family life, working on isolating the child from the parents using any means necessary.

Reveal hidden contents

This pedo groomed the parents so well he kidnapped the girl and the parents didn't call law enforcement for 5 days because surely there must be a misunderstanding because he's such a nice man!

Yeah, I watched this a little more than a month ago and I think it contributed to why i believe Robson and Safechuck.  People assume that victims of sexual assault experience and process their crimes the same way that other crimes are committed.  Add in the fact that we're talking with children and there's all sorts of issues that aren't present with victims of other crimes.  The poor girl and her family in Abducted in Plain Sight seemed incapable of believing and seeing what was being done to them.  And their perpetrator had none of the advantages of Jackson.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I wouldn't laugh while talking about it.

It’s a four hour film. It doesn’t spend all four hours on the sexual assault. 

I guess you still haven’t watched the film but feel comfortable enough to comment on it. Smart. 

8 hours ago, downzy said:

It’s a four hour film. It doesn’t spend all four hours on the sexual assault. 

I guess you still haven’t watched the film but feel comfortable enough to comment on it. Smart. 

I did watch the film as you would know if you had read the thread.

She's talking about how she used to sneak behind Jackson's bedroom door while her son was in the room. How is that still a funny story if she now believes her son's claims about what was really going on behind that closed door?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

She's talking about how she used to sneak behind Jackson's bedroom door while her son was in the room. How is that still a funny story if she now believes her son's claims about what was really going on behind that closed door?

Is there anything surprising about these mothers not being very emphatetic? No sane mother lets their child sleep with a strange man behind locked doors. There's something seriously wrong with these mothers and laughing at an inappropriate time is probably their smallest crime.

• Like 3

guys, there's more stuff being discovered.

surveilance footage of jackson buying a wedding ring with wade.

the video was posted in 2015

also, there's another victim coming forward (from germany).

but the surveilance footage is a smoking gun. it gives a lot of weight to wade's testimony. I'm not going to put my head in the sand on this. My faith in jackson just dropped considerably.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

What gets me is that, in a lot of interviews he's like 'it's a loving thing, its the most loving thing anybody can do, share their bed with someone, it doesn't have to be sexual' etc etc etc, so he's this open loving person who just loves people...well then whys there no stories of him sharing his bed with say, I dunno, Big Bertha the housekeeper, or some middle aged or old man or woman, whys it exclusively kids?

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

What gets me is that, in a lot of interviews he's like 'it's a loving thing, its the most loving thing anybody can do, share their bed with someone, it doesn't have to be sexual' etc etc etc, so he's this open loving person who just loves people...well then whys there no stories of him sharing his bed with say, I dunno, Big Bertha the housekeeper, or some middle aged or old man or woman, whys it exclusively kids?

it almost sounds like you feel left out :lol:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Apologies, I didn't see your previous post.  

People laugh at weird stuff all the time.  Sometimes it's a reaction to feeling uneasy or nervous.  Ever laugh at funeral?  Personally, making jokes is the only way I can get through a tough time, particularly funerals.  Everyone is different.

Granted, I don't think these women are going to win mother of the year awards.  I can understand leaving your kid at Neverland Ranch with Jackson in the late 80s or early 90s before the accusations.  Parents probably assumed their kids would be looked after by the help and stay over in their own bedroom.  But anything after that, particularly staying in the same room as Michael, is hard to justify.  

3 hours ago, action said:

guys, there's more stuff being discovered.

surveilance footage of jackson buying a wedding ring with wade.

the video was posted in 2015

also, there's another victim coming forward (from germany).

but the surveilance footage is a smoking gun. it gives a lot of weight to wade's testimony. I'm not going to put my head in the sand on this. My faith in jackson just dropped considerably.

I'm not sure how this incriminates Jackson.  Just proof that he spent time with Safechuck and did some weird shit.  

One thing I kind of find strange is how Jackson defenders point to the inconsistencies of Jackson's accusers as proof that they shouldn't be believed.  But then they have nothing to say about Jackson's own inconsistencies on a whole host of issues.  The man seriously wanted people to believe he only had two plastic surgeries on his nose; that everything else about his face was natural.  

There's also inconsistencies with respect to the allegations and the motivation for paying the Chandler family.  Defenders and Jackson's estate claims the settlement was done against Jackson's wishes, that it was undertaken by his insurance company.  But Jackson is on the record with stating he paid because he wanted to move on, that he didn't want it drawn out like what happened with OJ (terrible reference considering that guy is guilty as fuck).  

So why are some immediately discounting Robson and Safechuck because they may have some consistency issues but give Jackson a pass? 

16 minutes ago, action said:

it almost sounds like you feel left out :lol:

Shit, I'd trade one up the arse for a life of luxury at the Neverland Ranch :lol: 

13 minutes ago, downzy said:

Ever laugh at funeral?

EVERY time? :lol:  I don't know why either!  I don't actually laugh but I wanna laugh...and I keep thinkin' of the Snoop lyric 'used to be my homie but yous a dead motherfucker now' :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I started watching it today but I had to switch off, it was too uncomfortable to continue. I'm not gonna watch the rest so i can't really give a solid opinion but my gut feeling is to believe the 2 guys. 

Yeah, it doesn't get better after that of course... I am 'glad' I watched it though. But it's like my sister said: I don't really feel like putting Thriller on right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Neverland is up for sale if you have 30 million, a steal as the place cannot find a buyer. 

And can likely be had for $25 million. Which, if factoring in inflation, is less than what Jackson paid for it in the late 80s. 

One wonders why the Jackson estate or kids doesn’t buy it. $25-$30 million is chump change considering how much Jackson’s estate makes.