Leaving Neverland, Michael Jackson Documentary, HBO

JONEZY

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Oh they were vulnerable to some degree as all kids are but like, you're a pedo (there's an unsettling thought!), who looks a softer touch, some random kid from nowhere or the famous kid, which one would seem more likely to fuck you up? 

Oh absolutely that’s a potential factor. 

I feel bad for people who, unlike me (I've stopped listening this his music almost a decade ago), still listen to MJ's music on a daily base.

Imagine the internal struggle and dilemma. Am I still going to listen to my favorite music, or am I going to throw it all away?

There's a good amount of people out there who find joy and happiness out of his music, and then this.

It's ironic, in a sense. One of the most beloved entertainers, ever, who is accused of these horrible things. It must interfere with their enjoyment of his music. Imagine the consequential damage to the enjoyment of these people. Their one pleasure, ripped away from them. If they continue in their support, they themselves will be getting strange looks! But they don't support MJ, deep down. No, they support their own enjoyment of his music. They defend their own daily pleasure and distraction from all the problems in life.

It's hard to imagine, the size of the damage done.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh they were vulnerable to some degree as all kids are but like, you're a pedo (there's an unsettling thought!), who looks a softer touch, some random kid from nowhere or the famous kid, which one would seem more likely to fuck you up? 

Agreed absolutely.

5 hours ago, action said:

I feel bad for people who, unlike me (I've stopped listening this his music almost a decade ago), still listen to MJ's music on a daily base.

Imagine the internal struggle and dilemma. Am I still going to listen to my favorite music, or am I going to throw it all away?

There's a good amount of people out there who find joy and happiness out of his music, and then this.

It's ironic, in a sense. One of the most beloved entertainers, ever, who is accused of these horrible things. It must interfere with their enjoyment of his music. Imagine the consequential damage to the enjoyment of these people. Their one pleasure, ripped away from them. If they continue in their support, they themselves will be getting strange looks! But they don't support MJ, deep down. No, they support their own enjoyment of his music. They defend their own daily pleasure and distraction from all the problems in life.

It's hard to imagine, the size of the damage done.

Rose McGowan had a good response to this - something about how he was a bad guy but not to strip away the music or his talent from his legacy.

Ironically I was about 12 when I first was getting into his music...right around the time he got arrested. Thanks Vice City!

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

What, sleep in the same bed as kids?! 

Yes...that's actually what one fan wrote and they were not trolling :lol:

It isn't like he was bumming them, although towards the end of the relationship with Wade that briefly transpired. It is all a bit like public schoolboys fiddling around with each other's willies (and nipple rubbing!). He seems to have selected ''one'' special boy and used him for a year, before moving on to another. He used the old Hitler Youth policy of mentally turning them/isolating them against their family - especially female members. They were made to feel his special little boy and showered with riches beyond compare. 

They do all look a bit alike - that is a good point. Small brunette/dark complexioned white/mixed race boys. Nordic looking Culkin doesn't fit the type. Nor does any black boys feature for that matter.

One lesson from all of this is that celebrity worship is a potentially dangerous thing. Here we have mesmerized parents who blinded by the hopes of personal gratification and building a relationship with a celebrity, hand their children over to someone other parents would protect their children from. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is a sick fucker. He used to masturbate whilst looking at their arse crack.

I assume you mean MJ, but I dont know who the person in this gif is? Terrible whoever.

I wasnt speaking to any of that, just found it funny that "schoolboys fiddling with each others willies" is seen as a normal thing that one could be referenced in such a way. Its not a common right of passage here!

1 minute ago, soon said:

I assume you mean MJ, but I dont know who the person in this gif is? Terrible whoever.

I wasnt speaking to any of that, just found it funny that "schoolboys fiddling with each others willies" is seen as a normal thing that one could be referenced in such a way. Its not a common right of passage here!

“Public School” in UK vernacular actually refers to elite private boarding schools. It makes more sense if you bear that in mind. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, soon said:

It is a bit of a myth but there are usually a few homoerotic frolics going on between Tarquin and Spencer at boarding school. ''A right of passage'' (no pun intended) I believe before the two go into ''the city'' before becoming Tory Members of Parliament. 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

“Public School” in UK vernacular actually refers to elite private boarding schools. It makes more sense if you bear that in mind. :lol: 

Ah, I get it now. Thanks! Yep, that makes a lot more sense. Yes, public school here meaning the basic school that even the poor attend. Im sure those rich kids get up to some shit here too! :lol:

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It is a bit of a myth but there are usually a few homoerotic frolics going on between Tarquin and Spencer at boarding school. ''A right of passage'' (no pun intended) I believe before the two go into ''the city'' before becoming Tory Members of Parliament. 

I got ya now. Im sure the myth has some basis in reality, with the entitlement and gender segregation framing their lives in a different way. "Right of passage" haha, I had to self edit when I first wrote "coming of age" :lol:

I can totally wrap my head around the boarding school frolics and then running as Tories. A similar tale is our previous Tory PMs wife lived with a women for much of her husbands time as PM (is the capital city gossip at least). The divide between ideology and practice is padded with privilege.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I've seen the documentary!

Yeah but you knew there was a documentary and in it were pervy allegations, whats changed, whats in the docu that is so incriminating?  I should just fuckin’ watch it I suppose but fuck that, I get off work at six, im buggered if im spending my whole evening listening to boys getting fingered stories.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah but you knew there was a documentary and in it were pervy allegations, whats changed, whats in the docu that is so incriminating?  I should just fuckin’ watch it I suppose but fuck that, I get off work at six, im buggered if im spending my whole evening listening to boys getting fingered stories.

I think you'll have to watch it. There is more to it then that, manipulation, celebrity, survival. It goes into their life a lot. Both humble families - Wade's brother is an ordinary Aussie ''bloke''. And you remember what Jackson was circa 1987-1992. There was The Beatles, Elvis then Jackson. So for him to befriend these humble folk in such a manner - well one of them explained that it was like being anointed. 

34 minutes ago, Crazyman said:

Speaking of MJ (and not related to this documentary) this footage just got posted. Apparently it's him practicing the moves for Billie Jean the first time...but look at his nose and the weird dance he's doing in the last part :lol:

I always thought he was a shit James Brown mark II, its all there, the dancing, the often unintelligible to the uninitiated singing style, even that clipped vocal style and the ‘heh’.  

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I had the same reservations before seeing it but decided to give it a go.  Glad I did.  @DieselDaisy is dead-on, it's not 4 hours about diddling but speaks to celebrity and the transactional nature of everything around it.  There's no twists or turns, it's fairly predictable but still very fascinating to watch.  I've never sat and listened to a victim's full account of what happened to them before so it was novel in that respect.  

Plus it's two parts so you don't have to blow your entire evening on it.  

Maybe we should set up a Len's liveblog on the forum when you watch it :P I've been meaning to get the blog function of this forum going for awhile.  

• Like 2

I'm still not 100%. I have been glancing at some descriptions of the two being fairly unscrupulous (seems they have been locked in a legal battle for money for years), including some altered statements. Some of this is touched on in the film, however some of it isn't. All that can be said with certainty is this was a persuasive documentary, and that the advocacy of his innocence has taken a tremendous hit by its release. 

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm still not 100%. I have been glancing at some descriptions of the two being fairly unscrupulous (seems they have been locked in a legal battle for money for years), including some altered statements. Some of this is touched on in the film, however some of it isn't. All that can be said with certainty is this was a persuasive documentary, and that the advocacy of his innocence has taken a tremendous hit by its release. 

They directly contradict their own testimony in the documentary and the time line of events does not add up at all. One of their mothers celebrating when he died but then her son claims he never told her until 2013? Safechuck was in a lawsuit before he suddenly "realised" he was abused and joined Wade's lawsuit for millions and Wade got rejected from an MJ tribute show and shopped about for a book deal (which he tried to hide from the court and his lawyers and the allegations changed massively in each draft of the book, then "realised" he was abused and tried to quietly sue for money under seal and run. Wade's whole family caught lying in the doc about a dinner they had with mj saying it was used to convince wade to testify, turns out the dinner was actually after wade had already backed mj in the trial. Safechuck saying mj had sex with him all over the ranch when there are security camera in almost every room. Safechuck also said there was one way glass in a room that MJ used to conceal them having sex, turns out there's no one way glass in the ranch at all. The claims of wade and Safechuck about MJ abandoning them are bullshit as they remained friends for years and Safechuck even worked on mjs ill fated comeback tour. I'm just saying this is propaganda and you need to be aware it is designed to make you feel a certain way, it will make you feel uneasy about mj but that is the intent. It is incredibly one sided, not one person who has defended MJ was interviewed or anyone else who knows the accusers other than their families. (Many people who know Wade have since came out and said he's lying). 

Edited by Jw224