Just read a piece about how Alan Niven said he spoke to slash recently and slash said Axl was in isolation going thru material that was leftover from the Chinese democracy sessions to use for a new album . This corroborates what Duff and slash have already said . I’m guessing we’re gonna get an album of Chinese democracy leftovers that are tweaked and reworked with slash and duff on em , and maybe a few new songs written now . 

i guess this is better than nothing but I think they should take 3 or 4 of axls best songs and than focus on making a fresh new batch of songs with Izzy involved as well . Get the original members together writing and get the creative juices flowing .

i expect a new album sometime in 2020 with tour to follow 

Thats whats probably gonna happen if we ever get a new record, not the ideal scenario, but better than nothing he?

Hope theres some rock n roll we can relate to on the batch and not just weird pseudo avant gard stuff. I just wanted some simple Stones/Aerosmith influenced record. 

• Like 1

I will tell you now there is no chance Izzy is going to take part in this.

As long as get The General Atlas Shurgged and Checkmate i'm happy 

7 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I will tell you now there is no chance Izzy is going to take part in this.

As long as get The General Atlas Shurgged and Checkmate i'm happy 

We don't even know if these are actually good tracks, so why would you be happy?:shrugs:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, default_ said:

We don't even know if these are actually good tracks, so why would you be happy?:shrugs:

The 30 seconds of Checkers and General that I have heard sound pretty epic.

Atlas Shrugged something about the name of the song that just puts led in my pencil 

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

We'd get some closure to this debacle.

• Like 1

Axls words at the China Exchange about 'starting from vocals and building the music around them' seemed to me like a not-so-veiled reference to having the Chinese Leftovers completely musically re-worked by the current lineup. At least in some cases. I find the idea pretty compelling.

• Like 1

As discussed many times, it needs to be – and hopefully will be – a mixture: old 90s stuff, Chinese II, and new 2015+ stuff. That would be perfect, if it fits together. And they’re pros and gods, so it will.

42 minutes ago, soon said:

Axls words at the China Exchange about 'starting from vocals and building the music around them' seemed to me like a not-so-veiled reference to having the Chinese Leftovers completely musically re-worked by the current lineup. At least in some cases. I find the idea pretty compelling.

It's the only way I'd listen to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muddy said:

Get the original members together writing and get the creative juices flowing .

Unfortunately, "you can't go home again" comes into play here.  There is no chance that the creative process will work remotely the same as it did in the mid 80's when they were going to shows in a van and living together in a slum.  Getting drunk and high and jamming in those circumstances led to AFD, Lies and a lot of UYI.  Guy's in their mid-late 50s aren't going to recreate that magic.

Even if Izzy was somehow involved, you'd end up with some Izzy written songs but it won't be a GNR collaboration.  In that scenario, Izzy may as well be any outside songwriter.

I hate the term "Chinese Leftovers".. Sounds so stupid.. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hate the term "Chinese Leftovers".. Sounds so stupid.. 

It should be called "kung pao chicken" instead or "dirty wok"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

It should be called "kung pao chicken" instead or "dirty wok"

...or General RSO's Chicken

• Haha 1

I’ll love to read the comments about how Slash is a musical genius because he re-recorded something that Buckethead wrote in the first place!

• Haha 1

In ideal world, Axl would:

a)release a box set of all Chinese era material (several versions of the songs - pre Bucket, Bucket, BBF and DJ version)

b) record a new album with current Guns with fresh songs and or any leftovers from 95

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I’ll love to read the comments about how Slash is a musical genius because he re-recorded something that Buckethead wrote in the first place!

And you will.

• Haha 1

Just on the topic, i don't really mind if the majority of the 'new' songs are CD era. Much of GNR's catalogue is comprised of songs which sat a while anyway (Don't Cry, November Rain, Back off Bitch, etc). I mean, here we are debating this when the band's management recently released the Shadow of Your Love single 30+ years late. :lol: