Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

I guess soon is not the word... If you wait, don't. 😂

Or maybe, just maybe it is the other way round. Perhaps the production of a new album is already a few steps further than we think it is by now. Who knows... 

Edited by ZODIAC

I'm sure Slash would have received a phone call by now if what he is saying is not wanted by others (Axl). 

Axl knows damn well that Slash / Duff saying something like that has much more impact than Fortus, Dizzy or Frank.

I think he would have politely asked Slash to tone it down if he wasn't at all interested in doing the album.

• Like 3

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say now that it will be happening.
Could definately take a while though. :D
The best scenario would be that Axl really changed at lot, is not overthinking everything anymore and just letting it all happen in a more natural, real band kinda way.

The worst would be Chinese era leftover material only with Slash and Duff barely involved.

I assume it's going to be mostly Chinese leftovers, Slash and Duff recording some parts, perhaps adding 1-2 songs each, then band practise, then another tour.

Could be better, could be a lot worse.

At this point I'm just grateful for a new GNR album regardless when it was written. As long as Axl is singing and doing the songwriting I want to hear it. If Slash plays guitar on it, even better.