Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

2 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

totally agree but the opposite is also true. slash made axl better

source : chinese democracy vs. appetite and the illusions

those two were born to be in the same band... its like slashs guitar is an extension of axls voice and vice-versa... they just dont sound the same without one another

The If The World/Slither mix is one of my favorite non-GNR things to listen to that has GNR members on it.

It's SO hard not to get excited with this recent news, but....

Being a GnR fan, we all know how far off the comments can be from the truth.

I do feel that this time is different. The band wasn't late for shows for example. That shows major change with all of them!

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Well, hes basically saying they will see what happens after the tour, and thats where the real problem is: studio. How many years they took to get CD out of the studio? 15?

CDII starts in 2034!

CD2, and maybe even CD3, have been done for years (supposedly). Slash & Duff just need to add their contributions, if they haven't started already, and we know they're fast workers. Cautiously optimistic.

1 hour ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

100% agree. I've never cared for much of Slash's work outside of Guns N' Roses.

I've always thought Axl made Slash better, especially on some of Axl's "babies" like November Rain. I can't imagine a brilliant solo like that was Slash's original interpretation. Axl probably asked/encouraged Slash to modify it so it fit more into Axl's vision of having that epic finale.

100% agree. Slash thought the SCOM riff was dumb (I definitely agree with him), but Axl insisted he use it and it's now one of the most iconic intros. Nor did Slash like Axl's ballads, but Axl pushed him and Slash's guitar solos on November Rain are IMO some of the greatest of all time, and his guitar work on the rest of the trilogy isn't far behind.

As much as I would prefer to hear Robin and Bucket's original work, it sure still would be interesting to see what Slash could add to the 'big guns'.

All of which is in stark contrast to SMKC.

I'm very optimistic about the future as I've mentioned previously in similar topics, but I just sincerely hope Axl knocks it out of the fucking park and proves his doubters wrong. I very much believe he got his mojo back in regards to his creative output once that curly headed cunt in the top hat got himself back involved.

God bless Duff McKagan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

totally agree but the opposite is also true. slash made axl better

source : chinese democracy vs. appetite and the illusions

those two were born to be in the same band... its like slashs guitar is an extension of axls voice and vice-versa... they just dont sound the same without one another

This! one million thousand times this!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I've always thought Axl made Slash better, especially on some of Axl's "babies" like November Rain. I can't imagine a brilliant solo like that was Slash's original interpretation. Axl probably asked/encouraged Slash to modify it so it fit more into Axl's vision of having that epic finale.

Not sure about this. Nothing Axl has created since the original band split comes close to Fall to Pieces IMO, a song Slash helped create.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fanboy said:

Im sorry but my little solider begins to waking up when I read stuff like that, he is sleepy since 2008

I think you might need to find some additional methods to wake him up besides GNR album news.  If you rely on GNR releases, your little soldier must sleep like Rip Van Winkle!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

What happens if Axl is already happy with the former band members contributions as they are and wants to release it without slash and duff on it? It could happen....

laughable !

5 minutes ago, donny said:

if Myles had a freak accident and the tour got cancelled Slash would be able to start on the new album much sooner. 

As much as i hate Myles' generic vocals, and as much as i look forward to a new album, that would suck. I wouldn't like to see anything happen to that band, and Slash can probably work a little bit on some Guns stuff on the side (though it is unlikely since he silos his work and works 100% on one or the other). We've waited ten years. What's one more or so?

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

I have the impression that maybe even Chris Pitman might be involved in the new record, because his fingerprints were all over CD I and II. He was fired from the tour, but not from potential studio recordings. 

That's some serious trolling dude

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Hey, let me tell you a secret. Slash isn't real. He never existed. GNR were just Axl and Izzy. Izzy wrote complete songs on his own and what you thought to be a Slash solo was Axl. Every guitar solo on GNR' discography is written and performed by Axl on his synths. With the exception of Back Off Bitch's intro of course. That's actually Izzy in fact. But all the rest. But hey ... keep it secret please.

16 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Nice interview. The most interesting part is this, imo:

Interviewer asks if Slash prefers live playing or studio work/ songwriting. He answers something like this:
Prefers live playing, studio work/ songwriting is the way to get to do that.
He says he can’t work on a piece for too long and that he is more the spontaneous type, which can be an 
advantage or disadvantage. 

The interviewer then asks about the disadvantage part.
Slash answers: Because sometimes you could achieve more with a song if you had 
the patience to work on it harder. But I lose interest once the original spark is gone.

This is exactly why his solo stuff is so meh most of the time. 
Interesting that he is fully aware of it but does it anyway. 
He should be glad that Axl is so different in that regard.

And we all should be because that's exactly why we have so many great GN'R albums in our hands.

16 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Nice interview. The most interesting part is this, imo:

Interviewer asks if Slash prefers live playing or studio work/ songwriting. He answers something like this:
Prefers live playing, studio work/ songwriting is the way to get to do that.
He says he can’t work on a piece for too long and that he is more the spontaneous type, which can be an 
advantage or disadvantage. 

The interviewer then asks about the disadvantage part.
Slash answers: Because sometimes you could achieve more with a song if you had 
the patience to work on it harder. But I lose interest once the original spark is gone.

This is exactly why his solo stuff is so meh most of the time. 
Interesting that he is fully aware of it but does it anyway. 
He should be glad that Axl is so different in that regard.

That's interesting indeed and very mature of Slash to admit that sometimes his approach to songwriting isn't necessarily the best one. Of course sometimes you can tinker on songs too much. It really depends on the song. But this quote really proves that Slash respects Axl's approach to songwriting and that should be a good thing. Hopefully Slash and Axl will find a perfect balance so that the next album will be a nice blend of Axl's perfectionism and Slash's raw spontaneity.