Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

24 minutes ago, sabian11 said:

All I can say is for the love of God I hope they don't call this CD II even if some of the songs are leftovers. I'm so tired of the almost 2 decade long debacle that has been CD that please put that to bed and start fresh. 

This

8 hours ago, donny said:

if Myles had a freak accident and the tour got cancelled Slash would be able to start on the new album much sooner. 

"Mr. Kennedy, I found a very kind fan in a GN'R shirt who said he'd fixed your brake cables for you. I didn't know it needed work, but he said everything will be fine now."

3 hours ago, sabian11 said:

All I can say is for the love of God I hope they don't call this CD II even if some of the songs are leftovers. I'm so tired of the almost 2 decade long debacle that has been CD that please put that to bed and start fresh. 

I don't think for a minute they will but...this is how we get CD2 or at least part of it.

It would be great if they work one or two from scratch tracks in there but it sounds like Axl is keen to complete his vision and this is probably the only way of doing that now.

The downside being we won't have heard the originals of the tracks to understand what Slash et al has added/taken away in the way we can with his current take on CD songs. I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme but I'll always be a bit curious as to how they were meant to sound a decade ago.

4 hours ago, sabian11 said:

But they are not starting fresh if most of the songs are going to be 20-22 years old when the album drops :shrugs:A different album name wont change that.

I’m totally OK with them calling it CD II. At the end of the day this is nuGNR v4.0

On 3/7/2019 at 10:35 AM, Live Like a Suicide said:

Thank Christ for Axl though. I couldn't live with myself if Guns produced something as spontaneous and average as the Conspirators. Axl's patience with his stuff has worked well in the past, so hopefully we see it work here just as well.

Needs to meet in the middle. CD took forever and was over produced. Slash has some standout tracks. Wicked Stone, Anastasia, 30 Years to Life, Boulevard of Broken Hearts, etc.... if prime Axl sang in Conspirators stuff it would sounds so badass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, donny said:

after the "not in this lifetime" tour the new album should be called "he's in my ass" 

Dr. Pepper should start to make another media campaign. That's how we got CD

• GNFNR 1

I'd hope there would be newish (post 2008) ideas that Axl will bring to this project.  If so, Duff and Slash can help give it an authentic, non-CD2 authenticity.  A combo of unreleased, old stuff with a fresh take combined with new creativity could make for an interesting album. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

But they are not starting fresh if most of the songs are going to be 20-22 years old when the album drops :shrugs:A different album name wont change that.

I’m totally OK with them calling it CD II. At the end of the day this is nuGNR v4.0

Racing campeon and new Gnr album???

The end is coming hahaaha

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

They will probably release two albums again. I think once they get together and start putting this stuff down it’s going to build up energy and eventually they will shoot for two full albums. Axl has been sitting on stuff too long. 

Considering the amount of time we have waited i sure hope so.

12 hours ago, Tyson said:

I'd hope there would be newish (post 2008) ideas that Axl will bring to this project.  If so, Duff and Slash can help give it an authentic, non-CD2 authenticity.  A combo of unreleased, old stuff with a fresh take combined with new creativity could make for an interesting album. 

I agree with niven it needs a touch of izzyness.

19 hours ago, sabian11 said:

They most probably will use some of the CD II material, but not in a million years would they call the album that :)

I was 12 when I discovered GNR. Back in 2004. It took me a year or so before I discovered NuGNR, as they've been dubbed,  I remember it clearly.  Browsing youtube and found a recording of The Blues. One of my favourite songs. Front row at a slow in 2006. I'm sure you all can figure the rest out yourselves. 

Getting to the point, 10 years after CD I'm starting to realize how the fans older than I felt over the years. I don't know if I trust the 3 of them.  Richard for obvious reasons. Slash and Duff though,  I don't know,  I don't think they have the heart to tell us it's Axl. Maybe next year we'll see something? Hopefully the band doesn't dissolve and never tour or release new music :( ( unless it's an original lineup nostalgia tour lol). Anyway.. only time will tell 

Edited by Pskihq92
typos

On 3/8/2019 at 12:59 AM, megaguns1982 said:

What happens if Axl is already happy with the former band members contributions as they are and wants to release it without slash and duff on it? It could happen....

If Axl has learned anything from the worldwide reception of the Not In This Lifetime tour, it's that the fans of the 87-93 era came out in droves to see the return of Slash and Duff.

Outside of the hardcore fans who stuck with Axl through thick and thin for 20+ years, no one wants new Guns N' Roses material without Slash and Duff. The record label doesn't want it, either. The marketing push for a new Guns record with the Big Three would be infinitely more than what Chinese Democracy got.

I recall seeing the tease in the movie theater about the Guns reunion tour before The Force Awakens in 2015. My brother in-law was like, "what's that about?", and I said, "Guns N' Roses are reuniting, it just hasn't been formally announced yet". Just that tease for the reunion tour was a bigger push than for Chinese Democracy's release. When the new record's ready, holy shit....it's probably going to be a marketing campaign like no one's ever seen before.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

They will probably release two albums again. I think once they get together and start putting this stuff down it’s going to build up energy and eventually they will shoot for two full albums. Axl has been sitting on stuff too long. 

Could be something along the lines of what Green Day did a few years ago. They released three albums either a week or two apart from each other, if memory serves me correctly. Maybe GN'R releases a new record at the change of every season within a one year time frame (June, September, December, March). Wouldn't that be something?

I think there's definitely going to be more than one album, but let's be happy with one and see where it goes from there.

43 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Could be something along the lines of what Green Day did a few years ago. They released three albums either a week or two apart from each other, if memory serves me correctly. Maybe GN'R releases a new record at the change of every season within a one year time frame (June, September, December, March). Wouldn't that be something?

I think there's definitely going to be more than one album, but let's be happy with one and see where it goes from there.

Yea one would be incredible but I feel like gnr will try to do something unique to capture some more attention on this record. It’s going to be a big deal regardless but I think we will see something unique from this potential release.

Reunions have become not so unique but being able to sit in the studio following a reunion and release meaningful work has alluded many bands. GNR can break the mold a bit and come out with something that evokes all the things that made them great. I hope this record has energy. It will be special for the fans in any sense though 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, Modano09 said:

And Scott Weiland re-worked and wrote the lyrics for. 

Slash created the song long before Weiland came in the picture, although Weiland did write the lyrics. Sounds like your comment was an attempt to diminish Slashs role but like i said, Axl hasnt created anything near as good as Slash has since the original band broke up.

• Like 1