Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

No it's an attempt to tell you that Weiland wrote the lyrics and re-worked a lot of the early material VR gave him to work with. 

And that's really just your opinion. Outside of Contraband I find Slash's stuff generic and boring. That's my opinion. 

It must be Axls opinion also. After all he did pick up the telephone and call the guy who makes "boring generic" music. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Probably not. He still does session work and stuff for other people so that's probably what that is.

Hmmm, but did he post about that in the past? I dunno. With all the rumours of the last weeks, this could indeed be a gnr recording Session, who knows.. Maybe another member of the Band will Post about it. We'll see. 

Somebody has to call the dreamland Studios I guess, and ask for a Mr Rose to come to the phone.. 😉

4 hours ago, Modano09 said:

No it's an attempt to tell you that Weiland wrote the lyrics and re-worked a lot of the early material VR gave him to work with. 

And that's really just your opinion. Outside of Contraband I find Slash's stuff generic and boring. That's my opinion. 

Messages from the 2nd VR album is among his best work. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Slash produces quality work only if he works with a unique vocalist/songwriter, as Weiland or Axl, or even the ones from Slash. Without that external influence, his stuff truly is generic. Just take a look at Apocaluptic Love or Living The Dream. World on Fire... here and there. Even Slash himself said that Velvet Revolver was the same as GNR, all things considered...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Slash produces quality work only if he works with a unique vocalist/songwriter, as Weiland or Axl, or even the ones from Slash. Without that external influence, his stuff truly is generic. Just take a look at Apocaluptic Love or Living The Dream. World on Fire... here and there. Even Slash himself said that Velvet Revolver was the same as GNR, all things considered...

That's exactly the point.. He needs a vocalist that pushes him out of his comfort zone, like Axl and Scott did, but obviously working with people like them is harder than working with myles for example, the result however is so much better 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

Hmmm, but did he post about that in the past? I dunno. With all the rumours of the last weeks, this could indeed be a gnr recording Session, who knows.. Maybe another member of the Band will Post about it. We'll see. 

Somebody has to call the dreamland Studios I guess, and ask for a Mr Rose to come to the phone.. 😉

Whenever they get around to recording something they're probably going to do it in LA, not NY. And Slash is not in the US right now so I don't think Fortus would be going to a studio to work on tracks without him. I think they're all waiting until he returns then they'll work on it together.

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

since slash has rejoined GNR he is as credible as dj ashba was in these type of proclamations

axl has the band exactly how he wants it since taking over the name 

meaning anyone besides him doesn't have the slightest clue if they will produce and release something

I'm more inclined towards this line of thinking.

It's still Axl's decision at the end of the day whether anything will be released. Even if Slash redoes some tracks recorded by Tobias, or Buckethead, or Finck, or Bumblefoot, or Ashba--so what? Axl's had material for the better part of two decades that still hasn't been released, and maybe I'm just not imaginative enough, but I fail to see how Slash providing his input will finally allow those tracks (Checkmate, General, Atlas Shrugged, et cetera ad infinitum) to see the light of day. The same can be said of Duff--does anybody think Axl will release "Going Down" so long as it's Duff on vocals?

I'll be more hopeful if at the very least a new song is played in concert, let alone having a single released, album name, release date, etc. But Slash saying what so many have said before doesn't give me much hope.

I know Axl takes some heat for the amount of time taken for CD etc but it’s also very clear that the Record Label politics have been a major issue too. From bringing in extra producers to interfering with the actual release and (allegedly) stopping the release of CD2 and the remix album then I do think it’s fair to say he hasn’t been hoarding stuff for years and years with no intention of releasing it. He is also on record lamenting the small discography.

• Like 3

Tbh what else can Slash/Duff or Fortus say at this point regarding a new album?  Slash has been out on the road with SMKC since the NITL tour ended and Duff had his solo album to finish off so there’s been no time to even look at getting songs together for a new album. Let’s wait till there has been a chance for them to get together and start work on an album. If by the end of the year we’re still getting the same story regarding a new album then that’s when I’ll put it under the same files as the shit DJ and Fortus have been spouting for years. 

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 3:59 AM, DTJ80 said:

As much as I want to be wrong, I can’t imagine that 4tus would be THAT open with information - let’s be honest, some GNR fans are crazy enough to try and get in there/try and record stuff etc!!!!

Fortus did a lot of session work for Chinese Democracy and a lot of session work after Chinese Democracy for Guns N' Roses. He probably played on most tracks that have yet to be released already except probably anything from Slash / Duff.

Edited by Billly B

3 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Man, 95 and 96 they were fighting all the time. It's nothing like that now.

Yes, but at the time, Slash was out doing Snakepit and there were some interviews where they were talking about going back to the studio to do another record. There are still many parallels. We have seen this proverbial movie before. :lol:

On 3/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, Carne_asaDA said:

I am starting to lean towards this album NOT happening. It's starting to feel like 95 and 96 in this bitch.

I still remain cautiously optimistic! 

They don't all hate each other currently, Slash and Duff are sober, annnd the most important thing, Paul Huge isn't recording over Slash's solos currently as far as we are aware of :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Yes, but at the time, Slash was out doing Snakepit and there were some interviews where they were talking about going back to the studio to do another record. There are still many parallels. We have seen this proverbial movie before. :lol:

Ridiculous statement

• Like 2