Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

9 hours ago, Billly B said:

Fortus did a lot of session work for Chinese Democracy and a lot of session work after Chinese Democracy for Guns N' Roses. He probably played on most tracks that have yet to be released already except probably anything from Slash / Duff.

Who knows. He has only played on five from 14 songs from Chinese Democracy, which makes me wonder why. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I still remain cautiously optimistic! 

They don't all hate each other currently, Slash and Duff are sober, annnd the most important thing, Paul Huge isn't recording over Slash's solos currently as far as we are aware of :lol:

Just imagine if Axl chose to keep the old Tobias solos on his material and not let Slash record his own shit? Cucked again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

Who knows. He has only played on five from 14 songs from Chinese Democracy, which makes me wonder why. 

Maybe because most of the stuff was recorded before he joined.

To be fair, most of the stuff was recorded even before Bumblefoot joined, but Bumble's guitar is used more than Richard's. Wonder why.

3 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Maybe because most of the stuff was recorded before he joined.

To be fair, most of the stuff was recorded even before Bumblefoot joined, but Bumble's guitar is used more than Richard's. Wonder why.

Richard wasnt really involved much in GNR at that point in time, was he? Plus he was hired for a rythmn spot, not lead. 

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Richard wasnt really involved much in GNR at that point in time, was he? Plus he was hired for a rythmn spot, not lead. 

That's true, but that doesn't mean they couldn't use more rhythm tracks recorded by him if they wanted to.

How much he was involved, I don't really know. 

On 3/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, RageKage said:

Slash gave another interview to a German newspaper.

https://www.zeit.de/kultur/musik/2019-03/guns-n-roses-slash-gitarrist-interview/seite-3

The last two questions were:

Until mid August you're on world tour with SMKC. Do you have plans for the time after that?

Slash: when I'm back home, I will sit down with the guys in guns n roses and focus on a new record.

You haven't worked on it yet?

Slash: No, but I know everyone involved wants to do this record. We're talking about it and Axl already has a ton of material which he produced himself. I think we're in a phenomenal form to get started.

Thank God, thank you God

On 15.03.2019 at 4:40 AM, Carne_asaDA said:

Yes, but at the time, Slash was out doing Snakepit and there were some interviews where they were talking about going back to the studio to do another record. There are still many parallels. We have seen this proverbial movie before. :lol:

Same band and same people, how do you think it would not be parallels in situation like that, huh?

They are on time, no riots, sober and clean. It's a good start. I like it and it may work out this time!

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 1:13 PM, Tomek1985 said:

Same band and same people, how do you think it would not be parallels in situation like that, huh?

They are on time, no riots, sober and clean. It's a good start. I like it and it may work out this time!

I am afraid of the creative roadblocks still being there. I feel like maybe the dynamic hasn't really been tested yet. On the road, yes things were fine. But in the studio, it is gonna be a warmer temperature. 

2 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

I am afraid of the creative roadblocks still being there. I feel like maybe the dynamic hasn't really been tested yet. On the road, yes things were fine. But in the studio, it is gonna be a warmer temperature. 

True but Slash and Duff are constantly saying lately that they approve of the new songs Axl has shown them. Plus, now that they’re older, they’re probably less concerned about the creative aspect of it and more concerned about just getting an album out so that they can have an excuse to tour again and make more money.

4 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

I think there are no roadblocks, this line up is content playing with each other and they will co operate in the studio under Axl's "control". Also, it seems like most of it will be or at least half of it will be the best cd era stuff with Slash wailing his ass off on top of it and Axl and Caram will produce his guitar lines. Perhaps more layers will be added. Slash can do a lot in a few takes, Axl can do a lot in pro tools without fucking up the original musical idea.

I think it will work out fine. It's gonna be great

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think there are no roadblocks, this line up is content playing with each other and they will co operate in the studio under Axl's "control". Also, it seems like most of it will be or at least half of it will be the best cd era stuff with Slash wailing his ass off on top of it and Axl and Caram will produce his guitar lines. Perhaps more layers will be added. Slash can do a lot in a few takes, Axl can do a lot in pro tools without fucking up the original musical idea.

I think it will work out fine. It's gonna be great

They're mature now but I still don't think Slash will allow Axl to "pro tool" his solos.