Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

They're mature now but I still don't think Slash will allow Axl to "pro tool" his solos.

I think it will be little adjustments you know? like they talked over the phone during the UYI album makin'. move a note there, change a note here, nothing too damaging to the free spirit of the legend. 

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think there are no roadblocks, this line up is content playing with each other and they will co operate in the studio under Axl's "control". Also, it seems like most of it will be or at least half of it will be the best cd era stuff with Slash wailing his ass off on top of it and Axl and Caram will produce his guitar lines. Perhaps more layers will be added. Slash can do a lot in a few takes, Axl can do a lot in pro tools without fucking up the original musical idea.

I think it will work out fine. It's gonna be great

Plus Slash has SMKC as another creative outlet for some other songs he’s got so i reckon Slash will be more open to the type of songs Axl has sitting there. And because it’s Slash on guitar it’ll at least have a more GNR sound to it. 

Guns N Roses future as far as touring goes really depends on an album. The NOTL tour was one of the biggest tours ever. That went 3 years,but they pretty much exhausted everything GNR had to offer. Without new material another tour would be as lame as kiss. They all want to make a new record and all of us true GNR fans have really been waiting since 1994. Before the “ reunion “ Guns/ Axl was hard at work in the studio. Yes there’s left over material from Chinese Democracy that wasn’t used and you can count on that being used. Axl isn’t selfish or an asshole when it comes to creating records. There were creative differences back from 94-97 among many other issues plaguing the band and it didn’t work out. However when it came to Chinese Democracy everybody in the band and who worked with the band had input. Just because Axl has material, doesn’t mean that the song will stay that way. It’s gunna have the GNR vibe n sound we all want. It’s not gunna be an AFD or illusions record so don’t go comparing it to that once it comes out. Those Chinese songs they currently play with slash and duff sound killer and even better. How they reprised Better and perform it now is so much cooler and a much better song then it was on the album. Same i5h Chinese Democracy. You got slashes heavier guitar tone and this rawness to it. New album WHEN it comes out will do well.

11 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Plus Slash has SMKC as another creative outlet for some other songs he’s got so i reckon Slash will be more open to the type of songs Axl has sitting there. And because it’s Slash on guitar it’ll at least have a more GNR sound to it. 

After hearing the guitar work on CD album I think it will be interesting what Slash sounds like on the next album. I kinda expected more Bucket, Finck & Fortus orientated work on the chinese leftovers, it will be interesting what Slash brings to the table. Personally guitar wise I feel TWAT is best guitar sounds since the Illusions. 

Chinese Democracy is a GREAT FUCKIN ALBUM. There’s no denying it. There’s so many “ layers.” After recording it 6 times over and using a dozen + guitarists it took on many personalities and tones. Axl was all about the current guitarist in the band throughout the entire time it was being recorded. Even though he kept buckethead and Fincks parts, you can hear so many other licks/fills/solos/rhythms going on. I’ve listened to that album a million times and I am still hearing new sounds inside the song. Some songs have 5 different guitarists on them. As a musician I can be the 1st to tell you that “ less is more.” Nothing on Chinese Democracy had a slash guitar tone at all. When they play the Chinese songs live and it has 2 guitars with slash’s heavy tone, the songs sound fuckin brilliant and incredible. Even Richard changed his guitar tone. Richards tone and gear is much different then it was from 2002-2014. Fortus adapted to find a way to surround slash’s heavy tone. No longer uses any Gibson’s. With slash duff and Axl workin together it’s gunna sound a lot different then chines tone wise.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think it will be little adjustments you know? like they talked over the phone during the UYI album makin'. move a note there, change a note here, nothing too damaging to the free spirit of the legend. 

That's more likely I think. Adjustments made by Slash directed by Axl. But no pro tooling.

That's just what I believe. If they ever thinking about doing a new record.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoseOfThunder22 said:

Chinese Democracy is a GREAT FUCKIN ALBUM. There’s no denying it. There’s so many “ layers.” After recording it 6 times over and using a dozen + guitarists it took on many personalities and tones. Axl was all about the current guitarist in the band throughout the entire time it was being recorded. Even though he kept buckethead and Fincks parts, you can hear so many other licks/fills/solos/rhythms going on. I’ve listened to that album a million times and I am still hearing new sounds inside the song. Some songs have 5 different guitarists on them. As a musician I can be the 1st to tell you that “ less is more.” Nothing on Chinese Democracy had a slash guitar tone at all. When they play the Chinese songs live and it has 2 guitars with slash’s heavy tone, the songs sound fuckin brilliant and incredible. Even Richard changed his guitar tone. Richards tone and gear is much different then it was from 2002-2014. Fortus adapted to find a way to surround slash’s heavy tone. No longer uses any Gibson’s. With slash duff and Axl workin together it’s gunna sound a lot different then chines tone wise.

There’s no denying it. There’s so many “ layers.” After recording it 6 times over and using a dozen + guitarists it took on many personalities and tones. 

Which to my ears sounds like  a mish mash of ideas and sounds like they are guests on someones album (axl) and really what was axls vision for this album?. It should have been plain and simple an axl rose solo record but he was to pussy to do that instead of using the GNR name to put whatever musical representation CD was supposed to be. When i hear CD it sounds like axl had been watching metallica some kind of monster album and thought using pro tools copy and paste was the next best thing in putting songs together.

It sounds directionless and just sounds like a bunch of muscians playing on an album with no vision to whatever CD was supposed to represent. Also it sounds dated and should have been released in early 00-02 as was originally. That way we may have got CD2 in 06 and the third in 2010.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1