What is your quintessential Guns N' Roses song?

My favourite is Estranged.

If I was going to say to someone who had never heard GNR, i'd probably say for them to listen to something Welcome to the jungle, or maybe Civil war. I think Civil war covers both the grandiose aspect of GNR, with some of the fire breathing.

Depends who's asking though, if it's an all out metalhead then maybe Garden of eden, if it's a soppy ballad fan maybe this I love or November rain, if it's someone into more experimental music maybe Better or Shacklers revenge.

To me there's no quintessential Guns song.

6 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Can a 57 year old millionaire come up with another WTTJ? Very unlikely. I want another AFD. We have 3 Use your Illusions type albums. Go back to your roots.

What we are most likely going to get (if we're going to get anything in the first place)

5-Chinese-leftovers-humor

The instructions on that package include  words coma and general... coincidence? :suspicious:

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

For me a tie maybe Rocket Queen!

Rocket Queen itself encapsulates a lot of ground GNR covers - groove, swagger, biting guitar riffs, raw.  But also the second half is more the "sweet" side of GNR.  

Exactly - the way RQ moves from one part to the next is awesome. Two very different halves but suit the song perfectly. It has EVERYTHING you would want in a song. An extremely close second is Estranged though.

• Like 2

Rocket Queen for sure! It's got the same feeling as WTTJ, but it's just so much more. 

Estranged is very, very nice as well. 

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly - the way RQ moves from one part to the next is awesome. Two very different halves but suit the song perfectly. It has EVERYTHING you would want in a song. An extremely close second is Estranged though.

Well, should have updated the page and watched what you wrote after all. 105% this!  :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Waemoth said:

Rocket Queen for sure! It's got the same feeling as WTTJ, but it's just so much more. 

Estranged is very, very nice as well. 

Well, should have updated the page and watched what you wrote after all. 105% this!  :)

Ha ha. Great minds think alike! 👍

I don't think there is "a" song, as evidenced by multiple people naming more than one.  I think that one of the most GnR things about GnR is how their songs are all over the place, as evidenced by so multiple people naming Estranged and Rocket Queen, 2 of their tracks that are two songs in one.

• Like 1