Live Like a Suicide

What is your quintessential Guns N' Roses song?

Welcome to the Jungle 

• Like 4

Reckless Life or Pretty Tied Up. Actually maybe they bookend the first era.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Estranged...it just resumes GnR grandiosity. 

For me, it's just the best song ever recorded by any artist. 

+1

me too. and you can listen this song instrumental and it's magic. The work Slash did on it is incredible

• Like 1

Good question, tough to answer.

For me, there isn't just one.  GNR is a two sided coin, with Jungle on one side and November Rain or Estranged on another.  

Then again, maybe a song like Locomotive does a good job of including both sides.  

• Like 2

The one two punch from the first album known as Welcome to the Jungle and It's so easy. Can't seperate them for this topic. :)

31 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Estranged...it just resumes GnR grandiosity. 

For me, it's just the best song ever recorded by any artist. 

+1 

Estranged will forever stand as GNR's masterpiece. A perfect recording. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I go with WTTJ, was the first GNR song and video i listened and wach, was deep shock for my. But isn't easy pick one song, many great songs.

The song that I identify most with has changed throughout my life. But the song that most represents GnR to me is difficult as GnR evolved from AFD to UYI and CD. I would say WTTJ and Estranged. 

• Like 1

When I think of Guns N' Roses, I think of It's So Easy and Paradise City.

On the other hand. Estranged is a masterpiece and my favorite song of all times, representing GNR at their peak.

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Good question, tough to answer.

For me, there isn't just one.  GNR is a two sided coin, with Jungle on one side and November Rain or Estranged on another.  

Then again, maybe a song like Locomotive does a good job of including both sides.  

this... but I say Civil War as conjunction

Paradise City, probably

Shoutout to Better

For me, it's like asking a mother which of her children she loves the most. Some of their songs affected me in so many different ways, it's neither compareable nor chooseabel for me !     

If i try to stay objective, as good as i  can, i will also go with WTTJ, PC and Estranged,... hm SCOM maybe too:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What song, for you, embraces everything that Guns N' Roses is?

Difficult question... There are a couple. Paradise City, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin On Heavens Door (live)... Estranged and Nightrain deserve mentions too. 

Ultimately, for me, it's KOHD live at the Freddie Mercury tribute. In 1997 when I was 13 the Dutch television station TMF (the Dutch MTV) was doing the Top 90 of the 90's. I saw KOHD live at the Freddie Mercury on that and became a fan of rock music then and there. 

My dad deserves a LOT of credit for introducing me that countless amazing bands as a small kid. And he did something very right because I came back to nearly all of them eventually (which he loves to rub in). But that GnR performance was what kickstarted all of it. 

Edited by username

While there are songs that I like better I have to go with "Out ta Get Me" and "It's So Easy".

If they bother making new music I just hope they can come up with a few songs that capture at least half the attitude of those two songs. 

• Like 2