Weezer Teal (Covers) album is really good.

DeadSlash

I don't know how this will be received by GnR fans, but I'll be darned if I don't really enjoy the Weezer cover album.  My favorite is their cover of Africa, but they are all really good covers, and I typically HATE cover albums, by any band.

Thought I'd share, as I had known about the "Africa" cover since September, but the whole album of covers is more recent, a 2019 I was unaware even happened!

Hah, one of my work colleagues has been putting this album on the office speakers all the time the past week. I listen to the Paranoid cover on my phone quite a bit.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

I've never been so disappointed by a band as I have been by Weezer. Their first two records are brilliant in my opinion, both belong to the best alternative guitar records of the 90's, but they have never come close since... there have been some good songs here and there, but most of it has been a disappointment. Cuomo has never recaptured that magic.

I might give this one a listen, but I'm not really excited looking at the tracklist.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 10:08 AM, EvanG said:

I've never been so disappointed by a band as I have been by Weezer. Their first two records are brilliant in my opinion, both belong to the best alternative guitar records of the 90's, but they have never come close since... there have been some good songs here and there, but most of it has been a disappointment. Cuomo has never recaptured that magic.

I might give this one a listen, but I'm not really excited looking at the tracklist.

It's weird, I either love, or hate Weezer songs.  There is no in-between for me.  

On 3/13/2019 at 4:22 AM, Amir said:

Hah, one of my work colleagues has been putting this album on the office speakers all the time the past week. I listen to the Paranoid cover on my phone quite a bit.

That Paranoid cover is pretty intense for Weezer. 

On 3/15/2019 at 10:45 PM, Powerage5 said:

The only song I’ve heard off it so far was Everybody Wants To Rule The World, but I thought their version of that was great. I plan on checking out the whole album at some point. 

Sometimes bands really try to alter a cover and it just blows, but this album (with the exception of Paranoid) sounds very true to the originals, but played by Weezer.  Paranoid is a surprisingly good cover, but the guitarist sings lead vocals, and sounds a lot like Ozzy, not Cumo.