LAMB OF GOD's MARK MORTON Wanted SLASH To Appear On 'Anesthetic' Album

Tom-Ass

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/lamb-of-gods-mark-morton-originally-wanted-slash-to-appear-on-anesthetic-album/

LAMB OF GOD's Mark Morton told RockSverige in a new interview that he originally approached GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash about appearing on his recently released debut solo album, "Anesthetic".

"I'm friendly with Slash and we've talked a few times," Morton said. "He's a LAMB OF GODfan, from what I understand. I had corresponded with Slash enough where I felt comfortable asking him if I could send him a song. I think it was while he was touring with GUNS N' ROSES, when I reached out to him. He replied: 'Yeah, I'd consider it. I'm busy, but if I can find the time, send me the track and let me have a listen and I'll go from there.' What a positive and awesome response. In the meantime, I cut a solo for the song that I was going to send him because I hadn't heard back and didn't know what was going down, and it just so happened to be a solo I really loved, so I never sent him the song. [Laughs] That's how that worked out. Not that I'm better than Slash. Slash is one of my favorite guitar players. I love, love Slash and GN'R. I got a magic take and I didn't want to let go of it. I just never sent the e-mail. [Laughs]"

Asked what it is about Slash that makes him such a great player, Morton said: "Man, it's all of it. He's just one of those guys like Joe Perry or something. He's got a style that is bluesy and really based in classic blues rock and just cool licks but a signature sound, in the same way that Jimmy Page will do his bends and it sings in a certain way. It's just not common and Slash has those idiosyncrasies too which give him a character on the instrument. That's one of the most valuable things you can have as a player, a sound that is unique to you and a voice of your own and a character to your playing that still fits within the framework of your band and the song and that tells it's you. Slash is for sure one of those guys and he's just cool. [Laughs]"

"Anesthetic", produced by Josh Wilbur and executive produced by Jake Oni, was released on March 1 via WPP Records/Spinefarm. Guest artists on the LP include late LINKIN PARKsinger Chester Bennington, Paolo Gregoletto and Alex Bent of TRIVIUM, Jacoby Shaddixof PAPA ROACH, ALTER BRIDGE's Myles Kennedy, STONE SOUR drummer Roy Mayorga, KORN drummer Ray Luzier and ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Inez.

• Like 2

Would have been interesting to hear, even with out knowing which track it was. Im having flash backs to Slashs Crazy Train performance, lol, but I still think he'd nail it on one of these tracks. Would've been so cool if Slash was on the track that Inez played on! 

Morton is a teddy bear. And the Lamb of God tour bus fight is one of the moat hilarious things ever captured on video.