Axl Rose On Why He Shouldn't Have Been On the Use Your Illusion Tour

26 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Besides, no one gave Len grief for being reluctant to accept Axl's claims that he was raped by his father. The discussion wasn't about that at all.

The discussion was more about how to treat people who struggle mentally and people felt Len's comments were insensitive and backwards.

I have not really been following the argument too closely in fairness. The psychology mutterings of Rose are nonsensical at the best of times.

11 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I haven't read everything in this thread, I was referring to what Leonard was trying to say about mental health issues. As much as regression therapy sounds like bullshit yeah I'd be wary to say Axl's fabricating something like that for the simple fact that I'm just some guy on The Innernette and have no idea about Axl's personal life other than snippets that are in the public eye. 

I agree, claiming someone has fabricated the story of being sexually abused as a child is a strong accusation. In my eyes, Axl truly believes that, despite it actually being true or not. And we have known him to be quite easily impressionable for these kind of things. 

By the way, can anyone post a link to an interview where he talks about it? I have never actually seen it myself

3 minutes ago, soon said:

But I love it!

I mean sure, objectively speaking, Argies are the worst. :lol: But youre one of the greatest and redeem the entire Nation. It goes Evita, you, Paulo, jaguars.

Aww, Paulo :hug:, my Jaguars eating your Evitas de 100 :lol:

What I meant is that the expression that sounded funny to you is just another "translation" of local sayings, hehe

• GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, vikute91 said:

I agree, claiming someone has fabricated the story of being sexually abused as a child is a strong accusation. In my eyes, Axl truly believes that, despite it actually being true or not. And we have known him to be quite easily impressionable for these kind of things. 

By the way, can anyone post a link to an interview where he talks about it? I have never actually seen it myself

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/axl-rose-the-rolling-stone-interview-99204/

• Like 1

On 15.3.2019 at 2:25 PM, Len Cnut said:

I didn’t say he wasn’t raped, I said I don’t buy it, meaning I don’t believe it.  Quite frankly I think its ridiculous claiming to remember shit from when you were 2 years old.  These ‘therapists’ get paid a great deal of money per hour to tell famous crackpots what they want to hear.

How people can be so ignorant is beyond me. Doesn't speak for ones intellect

12 minutes ago, RageKage said:

How people can be so ignorant is beyond me. Doesn't speak for ones intellect

Do I give a fuck?  Listening to GnR doesn't speak for ones intellect :lol: There's one born every minute I guess, thats how these fuckin' rackets tick over.   Fake pseudo therapy and fuckin' crystals and past life regression and 'oooh, I'm possessed by the spirit of John Bonham', yeah, course you are sweetheart :rolleyes:

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, RageKage said:

You're just too cool for school. Everyone knows that by now.

I'm @Len Cnut biggest fan (but that doesn't mean I'm going to sleep over on his ranch).

he brings life to this place. 

I think the secret weapon of any message board is a "funny cunt" like Len. If it weren't for the occasional laugh, I don't know what I'd be doing here. I'd probably be looking for other places that do have them.

25 minutes ago, RageKage said:

You're just too cool for school. Everyone knows that by now.

I think perhaps your labouring under the misapprehension that I'm excluding myself from the comment regarding GnR fans being considered as lacking in intellect, sorry that hurt your feelings but I think it might be valuable to remind you that you were the one who began slinging his dick about the place going on about intellect. 

Nothing speaks more of lacking an intellect when someone does not have the ability to question what is said and done, even if the one saying it and doing it is Jesus.... or in this case, the Jesus of GN'R fandom >> Mr. Axl Rose

:lol:

I also don't believe the recollections of rape brought back through regression therapy. I think it is bullshit. And I don't care how many people get mad at me for not believing almighty Axl.
I ain't a 13 years old fan girl anymore.

We’re discussion intellect! On a GnR forum. lol 

I know I’m late to the discussion but here’s my 2 cents. So, I don’t care whether Axl’s rape when he was only 2 years old or not because we cannot know. I do think he went through a lot of emotional, mental stress and whether the rape actually happened or not - the pain and trauma is real for the mind and therapists do take memories and traumas like that seriously, for a couple of reasons.

Regression therapy and the other therapies he did are not even medically/scientifically based therapies and thus not trustworthy. (I totally call bs on them.) He seems to be in better shape now and I’m sure he saw or is seeing better therapists later in life.

What seems plausible to me is that Axl is / was an emotionally and mentally damaged person. We cannot know why and if all is due to his childhood upbringing or due to his mental illness(es). Whatever the illness is, by the way.  

It makes perfect sense that Axl on the one hand wanted to go touring UYI while not feeling ready and trying to postpone the tour. Sometimes it is two opposite things one wants to do. Maybe Niven thought starting the tour is for the best. To end all procrastination and perfectionism on the album, to keep Slash (and probably Duff, too) occupied so they don’t bloody die and also to not loose the momentum of GnR.

We know Axl went through extensive „therapy“ while on tour. It’s plausible he didn’t feel ready to begin with. I don’t see the point to not believing him. 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I think perhaps your labouring under the misapprehension that I'm excluding myself from the comment regarding GnR fans being considered as lacking in intellect, sorry that hurt your feelings but I think it might be valuable to remind you that you were the one who began slinging his dick about the place going on about intellect. 

Yoy have been here long enough to know your not allowed to say anything against axl, fuck iv had post deleted cause i told the truth about him lol

Edited by scottish nutter

57 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

"Based on very little information - I don't believe Axl(aka stranger I don't know) was raped and I feel the need to state this publicly and deserve to do so because I once was a fan." *cringes*

Not directing this at you @Len Cnut but rather generally to anyone taking that stance. I think you were somewhat indelicate and so now misunderstood. 

You know how to keep from people commenting about your life publicly if that shit bothers you?  Maybe like not put it out there?  Raped at 2 years old and remembers that shit?  And not from no personal memory either but because a therapist told him, I must be a fuckin’ sceptic or something but that shit sounds pretty thin to me and if my position on this is objectionable consider the idea that there’s a two way possibility in regards to victimhood in this case.

Lemme simplify it even further.  Guy goes into therapy, comes out finding he witnessed a murder when he was two years old with a therapists statement corroborating that shit based on his professional opinion...how admissible do you think that would be in a court of law?  And if the answer is ‘not very’ why do you think that is?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Axl believes a hell of a lot of shit that most rational thinking people would not. He's been quoted (back in the day) about all this stuff but i wonder if he still believes it all as fact, or has his opinion changed on regression therapy.

I'd love the interviewer who dares to ask him about his current views on that kind of stuff :ph34r:

I'm really eager to know where his mind is nowadays, what current is he following, etc..

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You don't know if he has personal memories. If it's been corroborated by family members. Any details. You and myself and all of us ultimately don't know shit. So why try and call him out on it? 

Yes Axl is/was mental and I'd criticise him on other things, regression therapy seems to be bullshit, it was malpractice of that therapist following him around doing that much 'therapy' etc. But you still don't know so why pretend?

Tell me the truth, would you have the gal to walk up to Axl and say "You weren't raped were ya?" I hope you wouldn't. I operate on the principle of I don't say anything I don't mean, I've never said anything on here I wouldn't say in real life to peoples faces.

Like I said and have frequently said about such issues like the Jacko one I’m not saying I know for a fact, how could I know for a fact, my whole point is that not even Axl can really know for a fact and thats about the extent of it, me saying, on the available information at hand it sounds very very very thin and not something I’d be inclined to believe.

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You don't know if he has personal memories. If it's been corroborated by family members. Any details. You and myself and all of us ultimately don't know shit. So why try and call him out on it? 

Yes Axl is/was mental and I'd criticise him on other things, regression therapy seems to be bullshit, it was malpractice of that therapist following him around doing that much 'therapy' etc. But you still don't know so why pretend?

Tell me the truth, would you have the gal to walk up to Axl and say "You weren't raped were ya?" I hope you wouldn't. I operate on the principle of I don't say anything I don't mean, I've never said anything on here I wouldn't say in real life to peoples faces.

As far as what I would say in real life I wouldn’t care to talk to Axl Rose in real life.

As I've explained that's baseless and is just stubbornly committing to this uninformed fantasy that the only evidence for his claims is regression therapy.

Well what else, 'my grandma acts funny when I ask her about it?'  I'm not fuckin' surprised :lol:

You can't have it both ways. Admitting you have no idea then saying but neither does Axl - that is turning your 'belief' into you know the extent of the situation.

No its not, its me saying no one knows, its as simple as that...and thats the reality of every situation that I wasn't there to observe, to a point I am relying on public information to form my opinion, like anyone else...and if that makes me inconsistent well fuck lets cancel history class from schools altogether eh?  And again, if this is delicate, personal, private, sensitive information and its wrong or unjust of me to form an impression well then perhaps thats down to the guy who gave an interview to Rolling Stone over that shit?  I'm not Columbo, I don't care to spearhead an investigation or get to the bottom of this shit. 

If you wouldn't even bother attempting to speak to Axl in real life, then why this discussion?

Because I'm bored and patronising a place that, to me, is for opinions, discussions, idle chatter and jokes, to pass the time. 

"Why do you look at me when you hate me?" - Axl

Hate is a very strong word, I don't have any opinion on Axl overall, I can comment on individual statements made or acts committed by anyone if they ever cross  my path but other than that I have no relationship with Axl Rose and nor do I care to have one, I don't him particularly fascinating as an individual, I don't know or care to know what motivates him and I don't want to stand up for or attack him in any way, the extent of my involvement with him is my liking for a product.  A product which he was partly behind, I have the same relationship with him as I do with the CEO of Imperial Leather soap, those albums in which Axl was involved in the creation of were once something that I cared a great deal for and still have some modicum of fondness for to this day. 

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

As I've explained that's baseless and is just stubbornly committing to this uninformed fantasy that the only evidence for his claims is regression therapy.

You can't have it both ways. Admitting you have no idea then saying but neither does Axl - that is turning your 'belief' into you know the extent of the situation.

If you wouldn't even bother attempting to speak to Axl in real life, then why this discussion? "Why do you look at me when you hate me?" - Axl

you may not like Len's integrity, yeah

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

"I'm trollin'." - Leonard

/End of thread :lol:

Ever since I joined this forum I have always tried mocking and reducing the tabloid clusterfuck aspect as much as possible as I don't like it, it's too internetty for me and will leave if it were to become rampant. Joking around is a very different thing than having serious discussions where people feverishly labour over topics like Axl's hairline, Axl's dick size, novels about Axl and Slash buttfucking each other, expressing beliefs that Axl wasn't raped as a child without any proof. Etc etc.

You need to prove beliefs, thats why they are beliefs and not facts.  If that excuse works for religion it'll fuckin' do for me :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut