49 People Killed in New Zealand Mass Shooting

Ace Nova

https://abcnews.go.com/ABCNews/multiple-dead-reported-shooting-attack-zealand-mosque/story?id=61699679

At least 49 people were killed and dozens more injured in mass shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, Friday.

At least one gunman carried out what is now the deadliest shooting in New Zealand history.

A gunman, who was dressed in tactical gear, appeared to livestream video of the shooting on social media, according to New Zealand police. He documented his trip from his car and into the worship center in central Christchurch, where he opened fire indiscriminately, police said.

Officials said they were working to remove "extremely distressing footage" taken at the scene and urged social media users not to share it.

Tragic. :(

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Apparently the shooter wrote in his manifesto he felt emboldened by Trump as a symbol for white power or some shit. This kind of filthy evil hatred is not acceptable here. Me and my family and friends are in shock. I'm absolutely gutted. 

Being a kiwi down here so far away from most other countries combined with our general moral compass you have a sense of naive safety and don't think anything like this would ever happen here. 

I think it's important, particularly in the parts of the world where this is commonplace, that we don't become numb to it or lose ourselves to fear and anger.

Also, here in NZ he's not being named or having his photo shown currently and the news isn't showing his live stream footage of the massacre. I think it would be wise the rest of our world takes the same stance out of respect for victims and for the sake of denying perpetrators warped desires for attention.

Even here in Australia, his name is being mentioned practically every thirty seconds on any sort of coverage, and some of the...less sensitive bits of the footage are being shown constantly, obviously nothing too graphic is on the news. 

Absolutely crushing that this has happened, New Zealand is not somewhere you imagine something like this happening. My heart goes out to NZ :hug:

Yeah, I'm not watching any videos of it all. These nutters want as many people as possible to see it, to further their cause, thinking they're so great. That's reason enough for me not to want to watch it. We shouldn't give these assholes a platform.

• Like 2

A dick sock who shot 6 people dead in a Quebec City Mosque in 2017 was sentenced in early February. This NZ/AU dummy wrote the Quebec shooters name on one of the magazines he used, to honour him.

Edited by soon

I always found it weird that Aussies would be into white supremacy.  I mean if you think about it they are the white people that kinda got lumped in with like, y'know, non-whites, they are of the demographic that became white indentured slaves and all that shit, they're of that ilk, the have nots, the forgotten/maligned white people.  They are sort of the peoples that white people slung out to go live with a bunch of black natives.  I've always thought that, perhaps, this focus on race in society is kind of a smokescreen and what this shit is almost always really about is a form of class prejudice. 

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Yeah, I'm not watching any videos of it all. These nutters want as many people as possible to see it, to further their cause, thinking they're so great. That's reason enough for me not to want to watch it. We shouldn't give these assholes a platform.

I used to be a great one for watch that kinda freaky shit but I'm beginning to park my car in the same garage as you regarding that shit, nevermind giving them a platform or whatever, why would you care to see it one way or another, what do you actually get out of it?  I guess for me it was like a leave over from the whole video nasty thing.

Edited by Len Cnut

Fucking Right wingers, always overreacting. A young person gently cracks an egg on the guy and then these thugs put him in a choke hold.

Can there still be any question that there is a relation between Right wingers and violence?

15 minutes ago, soon said:

Fucking Right wingers, always overreacting. A young person gently cracks an egg on the guy and then these thugs put him in a choke hold.

Can there still be any question that there is a relation between Right wingers and violence?

To be fair (and I’m more left than right and always will be) both sides of the spectrum are not afraid of throwing hands when the time arises, the right are more historically pre-disposed to that shit in the west but you only need to look at the history of any number of leftist regimes to see some pretty appalling examples of violence.  

I’m with Joe :) 

Edited by Len Cnut

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

To be fair (and I’m more left than right and always will be) both sides of the spectrum are not afraid of throwing hands when the time arises, the right are more historically pre-disposed to that shit in the west but you only need to look at the history of any number of leftist regimes to see some pretty appalling examples of violence.  

I’m with Joe :) 

Im speaking to this over reactionary streak that fuels the entire spectrum of Right Wing thought and identity. The Right doesnt have any basis if not for over reacting to information and events. Id just need to point to Fox, Trumps Twitter and Brietbart as proof. In this case its lead to the mass murder of Muslims and the assault of a protestor.

That is very different than the example of leftist regimes. I didnt raise a discussion on political violence in general, but rather I spoke to the over reactions and hysteria that produce these manor of right wing violence.

A Senator should never strike a citizen, or anyone, and they should most certainly not try to strike them again. Calling bullshit on that is not really odd or out of place.

(vid wont play)

Edited by soon

I should maybe highlight too that I was using the phrasing form the disgraced Senators tweet. He tweeted

"Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim Immigration and violence?"

So I went by memory and tried to use his phrasing, like for effect. I wrote

41 minutes ago, soon said:

I was echoing him. That prolly wasnt clear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Idk, can there still be any question that there is a relation between left wingers and misery, state violence, tirany, soaring corruption, broken infrastructure, health services and shortages?

I'm a south american and I lived thru 20+ years under left wing and center left leaderships and boy, did they suck. Just look at Brazil, Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia and Argentina. Our economies are broken thanks to the lefties, the Bolivarians of the early 00's.

Here in Brazil we were disarmed in 2005 and we have the highest gun kill count in the world. As for murder rates per 100000 we are, again, ahead of the US and then there's Venezuela and El Salvador topping the list, both, especially Venezuela, have really restrictive gun laws.

Don't go defending the left wing if you've haven't lived thru it. I already have been mugged 5 times already and got shot once because I couldn't reach my wallet fast enough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Idk, can there still be any question that there is a relation between left wingers and misery, state violence, tirany, soaring corruption, broken infrastructure, health services and shortages?

I'm a south american and I lived thru 20+ years under left wing and center left leaderships and boy, did they suck. Just look at Brazil, Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia and Argentina. Our economies are broken thanks to the lefties, the Bolivarians of the early 00's.

Here in Brazil we were disarmed in 2005 and we have the highest gun kill count in the world. As for murder rates per 100000 we are, again, ahead of the US and then there's Venezuela and El Salvador topping the list, both, especially Venezuela, have really restrictive gun laws.

Don't go defending the left wing if you've haven't lived thru it. I already have been mugged 5 times already and got shot once because I couldn't reach my wallet fast enough.

I forget the part where I supported Leftist Authoritarian rule... oh, no thats right, I never did that. 

Im gonna guess you are a Bolsonaro supporter. If so, just know that I give zero fucks about your opinions. :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Where are you from if you don't mind my asking?  I have an incredible fascination with your part of the world.