vail2004

Axl Singing SCOM on a NYC street corner outside a karaoke bar

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

2006 Axl was quite the Social persona didn't he give an interview at a Korn afterparty that year also?

He did the aftershow secret show  in Camden after the Wembley gigs I went to and he also was clubbing a lot in London 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

2006 Axl was quite the Social persona didn't he give an interview at a Korn afterparty that year also?

He did the aftershow secret show  in Camden after the Wembley gigs I went to and he also was clubbing a lot in London 

I dont remember exactly about Korn afterparty but he did give an interview to Rolling Stone, then talked to Eddie Trunk & Baz on the radio, he appeared in the VMA's of that year (which is so rare!), he did some shows, promised CD was going to be released that year :lol:............ ugh, lots of public things he did in 2006 :headbang:

Edited by killuridols

On 3/19/2019 at 6:59 PM, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I find that story extremely hard to believe

sounds just like Axl to me :shrugs:

Posted (edited)

Malcom Gladwell is very respected and super intelligent and would have no reason to make this up.  but in all honesty, he doesnt come across as a gnr fan, so how would he know what axl looked like in 2006?  I doubt Malcolm was like "oh wow corn rows, jeans and a blazer... that must be AXL!!"  Would the casual fan have recognized him in 2006??? 

if it was me it would have been the truth: "80s hair cut, a GNR shirt, cassette player playing WASP, and a car load of chicks with mullets.... ADLER!!!!!"  (I def could see Adler doing this... lol. jk)

Edited by Chester 524

I don't understand (1) why this is hard to believe or (2) why it's a big deal. I can easily see any artist being silly in the moment and doing the same once they heard their music being played in a situation like that. It's a bit of an ironic joke. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thunderram said:

I don't understand (1) why this is hard to believe or (2) why it's a big deal. I can easily see any artist being silly in the moment and doing the same once they heard their music being played in a situation like that. It's a bit of an ironic joke. Nothing more, nothing less.

I totally agree, and it's not like it's unprecedented.  I remember a few years back Springsteen broke out his acoustic and joined a street performer for a few songs.