Duff's solo album Tenderness: OUT NOW

On 02/05/2019 at 4:53 PM, OJones90 said:

I've never checked out Duff's solo stuff. Anyone care to point me in the direction of his best work? 

It depends on what kind of music you're into. If hard rock, Believe in Me for sure, if generic pop punk... Loaded.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this since the albums got released today, what's everyone's opinion on it?

I got the EU vinyl release and I must say that the packaging leaves a bit more to be desired. A gatefold cover with some pictures and a plain white inner sleeve as well as one lyrics insert. I know this is how most records are released these days but a printed inner sleeve seems like the least one could ask for when buying a $25-30 album. My record is also quite warped, it's playable but still...

Haven't listened to the record yet but I'll be back with a review as soon as I've spun it a couple of times.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

2 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Bumping this since the albums got released today, what's everyone's opinion on it?

I got the EU vinyl release and I must say that the packaging leaves a bit more to be desired. A gatefold cover with some pictures and a plain white inner sleeve as well as one lyrics insert. I know this is how most records are released these days but a printed inner sleeve seems like the least one could ask for when buying a $25-30 album. My record is also quite warped, it's playable but still...

Haven't listened to the record yet but I'll be back with a review as soon as I've spun it a couple of times.

I had the LP in my hands at the record store just now but put it back. There were too many others albums I'm familiar with that I wanted first. I've got a ton of other stuff to listen to tonight but I plan on steaming Duff's album some time this weekend. If I end up liking it, I'll go back and grab it probably. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Listened to it first thing this morning. It's alright. Last September & Don't Look Behind You are my standout tracks so far.

Was surprised to see Wasted Heart on there. Are there three versions now?

For me this album is like Roger Waters Is This The Life We Really Want? but calmer.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 6:57 AM, default_ said:

It depends on what kind of music you're into. If hard rock, Believe in Me for sure, if generic pop punk... Loaded.

I believe Duff's unreleased solo album Beautiful Disease to be his best. Mostly rock and some punk on it. This is what I recommend people check out.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The real Duff died with the pancreas. It was the pancreas all along, who gave us those bass lines and wrote ''It's so Easy''. ''Duff's Pancreas, RIP. Gone but not forgotten''.

Well, his pancreas is actually still there but they had to remove part of it.  I guess it's a pancreatic lobotomy. 😄

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

A copy of the album was supposed to come with my ticket purchase.  Did anyone  else get this deal and did you get a download link?

Yes, they sent me an email a few days ago ( May 27)  with a couple of voucher codes from this address.  

image.png.cfee57c467df27aacba5e093b0ecba2e.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

"Stop Crying Your Heart Out" right?

A little bit yeah, I mean Duff isn't the best singer In the world but he certainly shows a good sense of melody on this album..there's some big chorus's in there. They are well structured songs, he might be quite a vital cog in the song writing process for new Guns stuff.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-live-reviews/duff-mckagan-solo-live-review-guns-n-roses-842749/amp/

The guy mentioned one thing I didn't consciously think of or notice.  Duff sang two songs Izzy originally did main(or shared main) vocals on. He messed up though and said Dead Horse was the most country song on UYI :lol:

Edited by Pskihq92

29 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

They are well structured songs, he might be quite a vital cog in the song writing process for new Guns stuff.

Hate to say it, but I think Duff can thank the Shooter Jennings Band for that...

• Like 1