Duff's solo album Tenderness: OUT NOW

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yes, they sent me an email a few days ago ( May 27)  with a couple of voucher codes from this address.  

image.png.cfee57c467df27aacba5e093b0ecba2e.png

Thank you very much.  Don’t suppose you have an extra voucher for the download, do you?

I need to call Ticketmaster - didnt get the email and hoped to listen to the album before the NYC concert on Monday  

No worries if not - thank you for the info! 

5 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Thank you very much.  Don’t suppose you have an extra voucher for the download, do you?

I need to call Ticketmaster - didnt get the email and hoped to listen to the album before the NYC concert on Monday  

No worries if not - thank you for the info! 

Nope, sorry.. I took one for myself and gave the other to the dude that bought my tickets.. They weren't mailing them til yesterday and said like 7 days anyway.  I am sure you will be able to preview it all online by then.. Have a blast!  

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hate to say it, but I think Duff can thank the Shooter Jennings Band for that...

I don't think Duff would have had much to do with the more intricate arrangements on the album by ay means, but the foundations of the songs are pretty straight forward chord structures im sure Duff had a lot to do with.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

Gave it a spin - it's pretty bad I must say. Duff's sensibilities and instincts seem to fail him in this type of setting... 
Based on this and his past efforts, I really hope he has a very minimal input as far as writing is concerned on any future Guns related songs

• Like 4

I got through half the album yesterday. Just finished the whole thing for the first time. Relistening to Chip Away. I listened once or twice when it first came out. Even some of the weaker songs had good moments. I didn't have to skip any tracks part way through.  

I also listened to the 3 GNR songs from his showand I have to say, while it was cool to hear and awesome having them out of the vault: LISTEN TO THE SONG OR READ THE LYRICS BEFORE YOU PLAY THEM AGAIN DUFF lol he messed up a couple lines and skipped one in YATF(first song of the night so that can be forgiven).. He didn't even know the intro to Dead Horse :facepalm: he started mumbling lines and the crowf helped him out. The back up singer belted it out. The lead guitarist did a good job on the solo. I like the backing band. 

Cold Outside started playing a 2nd time as I was typing this and I think it's really catchy.  Obviously not amazing but I feel like the average 3.5/5 rating is fair. I've read a few reviews.  It would appear I'm in the minority lol

2 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

I got through half the album yesterday. Just finished the whole thing for the first time. Relistening to Chip Away. I listened once or twice when it first came out. Even some of the weaker songs had good moments. I didn't have to skip any tracks part way through.  

I also listened to the 3 GNR songs from his showand I have to say, while it was cool to hear and awesome having them out of the vault: LISTEN TO THE SONG OR READ THE LYRICS BEFORE YOU PLAY THEM AGAIN DUFF lol he messed up a couple lines and skipped one in YATF(first song of the night so that can be forgiven).. He didn't even know the intro to Dead Horse :facepalm: he started mumbling lines and the crowf helped him out. The back up singer belted it out. The lead guitarist did a good job on the solo. I like the backing band. 

Cold Outside started playing a 2nd time as I was typing this and I think it's really catchy.  Obviously not amazing but I feel like the average 3.5/5 rating is fair. I've read a few reviews.  It would appear I'm in the minority lol

I'm sure Duff was a little nervous.  I know he's used to playing in front of thousands of people but it's a little different when you're fronting the band. Takes a little while to get rolling.

Not a bad album. There's nothing amazing, and I can't imagine going back to it very often, but it's a nice bunch of songs to have playing in the background when you're relaxing with your feet up, I guess. Too bad it wasn't more fleshed out.

I dug the production on Parkland, it's got a cool eerie vibe (it just needs a better chorus), and I wouldn't mind him swapping out Attitude or Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory for Chip Away in his GN'R solo spot.

Edited by Azifwekare

Not bad, I like it better than Loaded-it's different than what he's done in a while. I agree Duff's voice can be a bit much over an entire album. I haven't bought the latest Slash album just because it sounds the same as the last few.  Duff releasing this and doing the Illusion cuts takes me back to the Illusion days and when he released his first solo record I can't believe how many solo record and side projects I've listened to compared to official GNR albums from current and former band members.

59 minutes ago, vloors said:

Only song i half enjoyed was chip away. Rest to me was boring as hell.

Some people gotta realise they arent front men. They dont have the voice or talent. 

I haven't hear it all yet but I really like "Chip Away".. "Look Behind You" was ok too but the other three songs I've heard aren't very good.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Listening to the album now, it isn't bad but I can't see myself giving it a ton of repeat listenings like I would some of Duff's earlier projects

That's ultimiately why I passed on it. I had other records in my hands that I knew I'd listen to more. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's ultimiately why I passed on it. I had other records in my hands that I knew I'd listen to more. 

I am with you there - and it is a shame!  I love Duff and alll that but I don't know about you but for some reason a lot of his recent non-GNR projects just haven't been clicking with me on that level no matter how much I want them to

I am spending more time listening to interviews about the album more than the album :lol:

• Like 2

I've listened to it since I'm going to the NYC show tonight.  I'm having some trouble with it.  I love the Duff solo projects as well as his songs on UYI with him on vocals.  This one is painful to play again.  Chip Away is probably the only song I would listen to after the show tonight.  I like Parkland, but it's a downer and there's only so many times I can sing lyrics about school shootings.  Is it bad?  No its not bad.  Is it good though?  I can't say it is.  Even though I'm not a big fan of it I appreciate Duff releasing something.  

1 minute ago, WAR41 said:

Is it good though?  I can't say it is.  Even though I'm not a big fan of it I appreciate Duff releasing something.  

Yup. It might not be most people's cup of tea but he released the album he wanted to release. He is lucky to be in the position to be able to do that. I am sure he is proud of it and having fun on his tour. 

• Like 2

Mine got here today

The more I have listened to it the more I like it. Although, it just seems like it is missing something. It is like a liberal want to sound country record lol. Oh well, I like music, and if I don’t, I don’t listen. This is the record he wanted to make and I respect that. I like some, and don’t love others. Not a great record, but not terrible is my review😂

• Like 2

its a solid album.  very different from his loaded records and his first solo album. It reminds me of tommy stinsons second solo album but tommys voice is better then duff, sorry duff, still think you are a great musician lol

• Like 1