A quick question

53 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

they need to bring the strippers back... they probably decided to remove them so the show would be more PG13 seeing how a lot of older fans were bringing their kids and such but personally i would like a little more sleeze please :)

16 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I think it's cringeworthy , personally.

Yeah it reminds me too much of the DJ Ashba era where they were trying too hard. It could be cool for one song maybe but after that it's rather silly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Eh, you guys are gay.

Hot chicks are always fun to look at.   Stop being such old schoolmarms.

54 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno if it is "old schoolmarms" as much as it is "not tacky" lol

GNR in their 20's living on the streets of LA bringing their stripper friends and girlfriends to dance on stage?  Authentic because that was their lifestyle.  A bunch of multi-millionaire guys in their mid 50's hiring 20 year old models from an agency on stage to dance?  Tacky af IMO

@WhazUp has absolutely nailed the explanation.

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah it reminds me too much of the DJ Ashba era where they were trying too hard. It could be cool for one song maybe but after that it's rather silly.

yeah i dont think they need to be out there for the whole show either. maybe for ISE and rocket queen... and although i may like a certain amount of sleeze, ashba was too sleezy for my liking lol

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I dunno if it is "old schoolmarms" as much as it is "not tacky" lol

GNR in their 20's living on the streets of LA bringing their stripper friends and girlfriends to dance on stage?  Authentic because that was their lifestyle.  A bunch of multi-millionaire guys in their mid 50's hiring 20 year old models from an agency on stage to dance?  Tacky af IMO

Never stopped hugh hefner. Also 2009 to 2014 axl was asking his "entourage" to get young chicks backstage.....as part of the "nuguns experience" 🙄.

You do know this is a band that got their start on the Sunset Strip basically?  I mean you've heard the lyrics right, you've seen the album covers, you know this ain't Donnie and Marie?  You can't on the one hand want the rough rugged and raw, hardcore, sleazy dirty rock n roll and then moan when its sleazy and dirty.  Its like going to a punk gig in the 70s and then being put out by pogoing and weirdoes and gobbing. 

I've never been a big one for strippers and strip clubs and all that kinda shit, it always seemed to me to be the preserve of clammy handed inadequate little men myself but I wouldn't say its exactly out of place at a Guns n Roses show, in fact its probably a fitting place for it. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It's definitely tacky but I don't really mind. 

Isn't GnR kinda tacky anyway?  I mean its not exactly high class shit, is it?  I remember when the big reunion kicked off and they had some kind of...I dunno what the fuck it was, some kinda opening night of something or other and they had like, the bird pissing in the urinal or whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Isn't GnR kinda tacky anyway?  I mean its not exactly high class shit, is it?  I remember when the big reunion kicked off and they had some kind of...I dunno what the fuck it was, some kinda opening night of something or other and they had like, the bird pissing in the urinal or whatever. 

Yes, that's part of it. They have always been low-brow and tacky. Cartoonish.