Live Like a Suicide

What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

On 5/27/2019 at 4:38 AM, shotsfired cro said:

the sound they got in the Sorum era is the ideal sound of the band.

UYI and TSI is the sound that is the perfect fit for GNR moniker.

That big bombastic sound (Back off, YCBM, DTJ, Perfect crime, Right next door, Locomotive, Pretty tied up, Breakdown, Get in the ring...).  AFD sounds like brats on speed.  UYI is rock with brains and feel.

Oddly,  one common thought about UYI was that 'they are overproduced'.  Once someone said that out loud, even the people who didn't own the cd's or were the fans of the band begaun repeating that mantra, yet, nobody could actually ever define 'overproduced' once asked about it.

UYI', IMO, were perfect sound to the perfect band.

agreed now if anyone was the conductor not duff by any means it was sorum by his classic proficiency on very technical songs that brought GNR really to the next level the songs you mention could have never been achieved without sorum 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 2:44 AM, acor said:

Malmsteen is even better guitarist... Let's replace Slash and Duff with Yngwie Malmsteen/John Petrucci and Billy Sheehan...

Although I like Petrucci and Sheehan that’s not fixing the problem with GNR. The real problem is the drummer they have now. I would rather have Mike Portnoy replace Frank. 

20 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

How about girls?

Sorry, I don't see any difference between all of you.

5 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

The real problem is the drummer they have now. I would rather have Mike Portnoy replace Frank. 

The real problem is that they're old, fat, un-creative, and only have 60% of the GNR lineup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's another. Izzy gets too much praise. He very much needed Axl/Slash/Duff in the same way that people say they need him.

• Like 2

Only the deaf can't hear how heavily Izzy's songs are rearranged.