What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

On 5/24/2019 at 2:44 AM, acor said:

Malmsteen is even better guitarist... Let's replace Slash and Duff with Yngwie Malmsteen/John Petrucci and Billy Sheehan...

Although I like Petrucci and Sheehan that’s not fixing the problem with GNR. The real problem is the drummer they have now. I would rather have Mike Portnoy replace Frank. 

• 6 months later...

Well

1. UYI I > UYI II

2. They should of only used Sorum as a session musician until Steven got his shit together, then used whichever drummer fit the song better for the albums

3. Izzy's tone is better than Slash's on Appetite

4. Anything Gn'R did after '91 (Live Era aside) didn't matter

5. Anything G&R did after '02 (Chinese aside) didn't matter.

6. Down on the Farm live at Farm Aid and Knockin' On Heaven's Door with Steven don't touch the studio or 90's versions

7. Think About You worse than Anything Goes

8. Live Era isn't that bad and Civil War should not have been on it the way some people think

9. The '01 lineup should of been the only Guns and Roses lineup.

10. Guns N' Roses was the 80's/90's band and Guns and Roses (G&R Rose and hired Guns) was the 2000's band which sounds completely different but was still about to play the original bands songs well.

11. Axl using the band's name for Chinese was a good idea promotionally that way #1 it would be considered apart of an iconic catalogue and #2 had a new fan not known about the history of the members leaving and the wait it would of been just another album they needed to listen to where as many fans of the band probably still haven't bothered listened to Slash, Duff, Izzy or Steven's other work.

12. Axl getting the rights to the name of the band and taking it in a different direction was a far better outcome than had Duff and Slash used it to make the boring and not nearly as great as previous Gn'R material Velvet Revolver released. 

I think that about covers it

Edited by 98izzark
Incomplete
  • Like 2

1. Universal/Bob Ezrin are what killed GNR, not Axl

2. Coma is the greatest GNR song ever

3. KOHD needs to be binned and never heard from again. It's 29 years past that heap of garbage's welcome

4. Hard School is one of the greatest GNR songs ever

5. There will never be another album from GNR

GNR will be the first band to play on the moon in 2029.  the show will still be part of the NITL tour and will feature the same set list that they play now with the exception of covering "loving the alien" for obvious reasons for this gig.   

they will leave steven adler behind on the moon after the gig and claim it was an accident.  he will still only play one song during the moon gig and call Eddie Trunk afterwards to bitch about it when he gets back to earth 3 years later.   

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

I don't know if these are unpopular bur from the top of my head:

Use Your Illusion albums are not overproduced.

Matt Sorum fits Guns N' Roses the same or even more as Steven Adler.

Lies is a proper follow up to AFD.

Izzy fanboyism is annoying. I love him but he's not all that.

Live Era is freakin' awesome.

Guns N' Roses has no filler. 

My World is cool as fuck.

This is the most accurate analysis I’ve seen on this forum. Yeah, Izzy is cool, but his idolation Is strictly to this forum. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

100% on that

Matt Sorum > Stephen Adler.

18 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Yep....all the above. Iv been on the Matt Sorum over Adler mountain a long long time. The Goat of GnR drummers.....welcome aboard 

6 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

This is the most accurate analysis I’ve seen on this forum. Yeah, Izzy is cool, but his idolation Is strictly to this forum. 

True. This forum has fans of the band from the 1980s. My guess, 75% or more  of concert audience throughout The USA and world don't even know who that is or Steven or Matt either and I am saying this as an Izzy fan and with people having with Google at their fingertips.                                                                       To the old fans here, and I say not old in age, but just from the.1980s, Izzy is so cool and idolized here because no one knows him or of him. The man does not connect via social media and no one has  heard him speak since like ,since 1964, lol.                                                                          Izzy,  " I vant tu be leaf aloon." is a GretaGarbo fan, lol.                                                                                                      My  unpopular GnR things I read over again.   1))  Steven is a drug addict.  My answer. Like as if he WAS the only    . They are all clean and sober and  all are recovering   . Even Izzy. Once an addict, one is forever in recovery. Come on man.                                                 2))))) Izzy cannot play the guitar anymore. He sucks.  My answer. Who knows. He may not have picked up a guitar in 3 years or maybe he practices AFD, Lies, UYIs ever single day. Come on man.

Edited by Amaya

On 12/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, BangoSkank said:

Axl is not to blame for everything. 

He definitely isn't to blame for everything - I am sure Slash and Duff were at times hard to deal with due to being high and/or drunk so often and probably had their moments of being irrationally hard to deal with or just in general people who were having a difference in vision.  Based on what we know about the breakup though, in my opinion Axl was a lot of it though :lol:

If the World, Catcher in the Rye, and Scraped are not that great of a song and easily could have been replaced with some of the leaks and especially with Oh My God, which definitely should have been on the album, whether as the 99 version or re-recorded. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1