What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Axl was still at home in LA and hadn't decided to go to the airport yet when the Vancouver promoters called the concert off in 2002 and riot ensued 

And people wonder why fans have the nerve to draw a line in the sand with respect to Axl's total lack or respect for them... 

8 minutes ago, Panda2 said:

I fuc...in love Riad antes the Bedouins, my favorite CD song 

I saw them do Riad in Detroit in 2002. Didn't like it much that night but went on to be a favorite of mine when the album finally came out 6 years later. 

Gnr related opinion: I don't like Myles Kennedy's voice on gnr songs. He sounds awesome in many other songs, and some parts of gnr songs, but when he hit the high notes, I cringe (ycbm, last part of scom/pc etc). He also lacks the rage, obviously.

Otherwise, he/Alter bridge is really underrated. I love Blackbird, their new album is amazing too.

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'll never forget when $lash played SCOM with Fergie while donning a sparkling top hat.

And she made him a stripping pole :facepalm:

21 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

axl has been pretty fucked up (booze + drugs) since around 2011 with the exception of his time with acdc 

I heard that he had bronchitis/throat surgery around 2011? One disastrous performance and off form for some years doesn't mean he is drowning in booze+drugs. Bcz he had many chances to do that but he didnt.

Edited by Zinia_29

On 28.12.2019 at 1:45 PM, Lio said:

You can turn that around. When Slash wasn't in the band, everyone was saying GNR couldn't exist without him and Axl was an asshole for taking the name, yada yada. Now Slash is back and now they can hate on Axl (and Slash and Duff) because Izzy isn't there. People are never satisfied. I see no Izzy hate. I mainly see an utter despite of Axl, and they will always find a stone to throw. Out of everyone, Axl certainly gets thrown the most shit at him. Sometimes justified, sometimes because people make up scenarios in their heads just to spin a story to fit into what they believe.

Even if I'm an Axl fan, I love all of them, always have. I don't feel like I have to pick sides. I accept that the lineup and everything regarding GNR is out of my control; so no use getting worked up about any of it. It's kind of a take it or leave it situation. I enjoy the shows (GNR's, Slash's, Duff's) and the music.

beautiful said. thank you

On 12/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, Lio said:

You can turn that around. When Slash wasn't in the band, everyone was saying GNR couldn't exist without him and Axl was an asshole for taking the name, yada yada. Now Slash is back and now they can hate on Axl (and Slash and Duff) because Izzy isn't there. People are never satisfied. I see no Izzy hate. I mainly see an utter despite of Axl, and they will always find a stone to throw. Out of everyone, Axl certainly gets thrown the most shit at him. Sometimes justified, sometimes because people make up scenarios in their heads just to spin a story to fit into what they believe.

Even if I'm an Axl fan, I love all of them, always have. I don't feel like I have to pick sides. I accept that the lineup and everything regarding GNR is out of my control; so no use getting worked up about any of it. It's kind of a take it or leave it situation. I enjoy the shows (GNR's, Slash's, Duff's) and the music.

It is a good job I specifically cited  ''Axly fans'' then!

2 hours ago, Zinia_29 said:

I heard that he had bronchitis/throat surgery around 2011? One disastrous performance and off form for some years doesn't mean he is drowning in booze+drugs. Bcz he had many chances to do that but he didnt.

that bridge school charity bit he did was something else 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait.... That's your opinion? Isn't that what it sold or am I wrong? 

I don't have official figures to hand. I'm assuming since it sold 2.6 million three months after its release date, that figure I put could be realistic. Which I think is a great number at a certainly interesting time in the GNR timeline. How much do you think it sold? New GNR's tour commitments & NITL tour helped it immensely. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Robin Finck is a fucking good guitar player and songwriter. Yes, he wrote a lot of stuff besides Better (which is already a lot). 

Love to hear any of his other GNR work that we haven't heard. Finck, Bucket, Fortus & Stinson surely had great chemistry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

I don't have official figures to hand. I'm assuming since it sold 2.6 million three months after its release date, that figure I put could be realistic. Which I think is a great number at a certainly interesting time in the GNR timeline. How much do you think it sold? New GNR's tour commitments & NITL tour helped it immensely. 

I don't have exact numbers either, but your number seemed accurate to me. I can't remember where I read it, but I did read that it got a big bump on streaming since NITL started too. 

Yes, Best Buy got screwed on the deal and yes, they sent a ton of copies off to dollar stores a few years later, but that doesn't change the initial reception. 

The fact remains that it's a great album that not only received great reviews prior to release, but performed better sales wise than some fans like to admit. It debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, only behind Taylor Swift and Kanye West. Then (according to Wikipedia) it was certified platinum by the RIAA within 3 months of release.

In short, I agree with your guess / opinion, but I went off on a tangent explaining why lol 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't have exact numbers either, but your number seemed accurate to me. I can't remember where I read it, but I did read that it got a big bump on streaming since NITL started too. 

Yes, Best Buy got screwed on the deal and yes, they sent a ton of copies off to dollar stores a few years later, but that doesn't change the initial reception. 

The fact remains that it's a great album that not only received great reviews prior to release, but performed better sales wise than some fans like to admit. It debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, only behind Taylor Swift and Kanye West. Then (according to Wikipedia) it was certified platinum by the RIAA within 3 months of release.

In short, I agree with your guess / opinion, but I went off on a tangent explaining why lol 

It's fine. I like CD, always have. I hope come New Years Eve 2029, we have at least a couple of more albums to discuss. 

;)

• Haha 1