What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

On 3/24/2019 at 12:05 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'll start with two:

1) I prefer Don't Cry (Alt Lyrics) over Don't Cry.

2) I think Chinese Democracy is some of Axl's best work.

1. I think Steven Adler is overrated 

2. I think Fortus is just as good of a musician as Izzy. Not talking about being a better lyricist. 
3. I think this tour is well worth the money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

GNR during 2001-2002 was far more exciting than anything in 2017-present.

The start of an era is always exciting as you don’t know what to expect. In terms of GNR, it gets dull quickly as they don’t get anything done or won’t talk with fans. 

I don’t care for Buckethead at all and don’t understand his cult hero status. 
He was in the band for a short time and only played a handful of shows. 
His Nightrain outro solo sucks, just mindless shredding. 

He seems to have hated been in the band and never spoke about it again once he’d left. 

• Like 1

It's my opinion that if the band doesn't get new music out this year, Slash will bolt. He's the kind of guy that wants to stay productive. Sure, he loves being out on the road and performing, but he also likes being in the studio, recording new material.

I don't think the money he's stockpiling from the NITL tour would be enough to make Slash happy enough if the GN'R plan was to just play shows with the same songs night after night. The linactivity in the studio is basically what caused him to leave in 1996.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

It's my opinion that if the band doesn't get new music out this year, Slash will bolt. He's the kind of guy that wants to stay productive. Sure, he loves being out on the road and performing, but he also likes being in the studio, recording new material.

I don't think the money he's stockpiling from the NITL tour would be enough to make Slash happy enough if the GN'R plan was to just play shows with the same songs night after night. The linactivity in the studio is basically what caused him to leave in 1996.

While i agree on slashs work ethic, gnr is paying his alimony bill to his ex wife.  I doubt his SKMC revenue would pay this. He should have either done a prenup or paid a full lump sum as part of his divorce  to get rid of her.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I don’t care for Buckethead at all and don’t understand his cult hero status. 
He was in the band for a short time and only played a handful of shows. 
His Nightrain outro solo sucks, just mindless shredding. 

He seems to have hated been in the band and never spoke about it again once he’d left. 

This was axls clown show lineup. How does a fan take a band member wearing a KFC hat and living in a chicken coup?..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

While i agree on slashs work ethic, gnr is paying his alimony bill to his ex wife.  I doubt his SKMC revenue would pay this. He should have either done a prenup or paid a full lump sum as part of his divorce  to get rid of her.

Popular opinion.                                     Slash won't want continue NITLT for year 5 wirhout new music.                                                                          

My unpopular opinion Slash will tour NITLT year 5 and for as long as the stadiums are filling up. New music is not important. Do some more covers. Boom, there is the new music.  The audiences are buying the product GnR is selling.   Same songs, same set list, everything is on autopilot and their tour has had big gaps in the last 2 years or so which gives him time for Conspirators and home and private  life. I wish we knew, ballpark figure, what Axel, Slash, Duff pulled from their record breaking tour out of the 584 million, lol. I agree @Sydney Fan.  Slash paid Perla 6 million just to start and she gets like  1. 2 million a year for the rest of her life. Ummm, she is only, just about 40 years young. Perla secured her son's inheritance now with Slash paying them inheirtance now just in case he decided to start making babies at his age with a PYT ( pretty,  lil  young , sweet  thing). Perla's  lawyers were great I agree  @Sydney Fan seems it would have more economical to give her a big one-time pay off say of 25 million.. The sons inheritance to be given , like normal people, when he passes away. Also with a big pay off, she could remarry. Wirh this yearly settlement for life, it goes away if she renarries...but she sure can have her man live with her , lol. Either way, it was going to be a FAIR , but  COSTLY divorce 

Edited by Amaya

I don't think November Rain is a well constructed song, it's too long, doesn't have a catchy hook/chorus and Slash's 'solo' at the end is just the same 4 bars over and over. Also Axl's clean voice would have suited the intro better, as in Don't  Cry and Patience. Then build to the rasp. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1