What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

It's the Axl songs that took GNR to another level.

It's Axl's personality that screwed GNR , (and NuGR) but Slash fucked up too. There are no saints amongst the 5 of them. But the way it's been put in the past that Axl was the only responsible, the bad guy etc. was very different from truth.

The band shouldn't have fired Steven, instead tried to help him at least.

GNR ended as a band after Steven was fired (which does not mean he deserves his place back more than as a guest) but the band presented as GNR afterwards was as good as GNR - until 1993.

I'd like a new album but believe it will be shit.

Half CD + Leftovers/leaks are better than most UYI tracks.

Slash and Duff remain in GNR only because it's convenient to them. But they were right when some of them said GNR was Axl's solo project.

It also amazes me how a stupid, uneducated, low IQ individual as W. Axl Rose was able to be the mastermind of  roughly 20 out of the 30 songs I like/hear the most I'd say.

Edited by ezosk
we got whooon more

11 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

prostitute is the only decent song from CD but the drumming sounds like a pro tools drum machine 

The vocals sound like a mix of effects and autotune. Also the guitars needed to be more upfront and prominent in the song. I think slash tried to do this when they debuted this in hartford in 2017.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:04 AM, ezosk said:

It's the Axl songs that took GNR to another level.

It's Axl's personality that screwed GNR , (and NuGR) but Slash fucked up too. There are no saints amongst the 5 of them. But the way it's been put in the past that Axl was the only responsible, the bad guy etc. was very different from truth.

The band shouldn't have fired Steven, instead tried to help him at least.

GNR ended as a band after Steven was fired (which does not mean he deserves his place back more than as a guest) but the band presented as GNR afterwards was as good as GNR - until 1993.

I'd like a new album but believe it will be shit.

Half CD + Leftovers/leaks are better than most UYI tracks.

Slash and Duff remain in GNR only because it's convenient to them. But they were right when some of them said GNR was Axl's solo project.

It also amazes me how a stupid, uneducated, low IQ individual as W. Axl Rose was able to be the mastermind of  roughly 20 out of the 30 songs I like/hear the most I'd say.

I am wondering why you would classify Axl as "stupid" and a "low IQ individual" because this statement seems quite bold to be honest !

Edited by The Garden of Guns N Roses
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

I am wondering why you would classify Axl as "stupid" and a "low IQ individual" because this statement seems quite interesting. Which aspects make you think this way ? 

I was thinking the same thing. I guess calling someone stupid can be based on subjectivity, but IQ is based on results from standardized tests.

I don't have any hard evidence, but I can quote an article here: "A psychiatrist who noted Bailey’s high IQ decided that his behavior was evidence of psychosis" (Rolling Stone, 1988).

7 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

I was thinking the same thing. I guess calling someone stupid can be based on subjectivity, but IQ is based on results from standardized tests.

I don't have any hard evidence, but I can quote an article here: "A psychiatrist who noted Bailey’s high IQ decided that his behavior was evidence of psychosis" (Rolling Stone, 1988).

i dont think  he has a low IQ, suffers from narcissism because of the loser brainwashers he surrounds himself with which takes his intelligence and puts it on the back burner

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i dont think  he has a low IQ, suffers from narcissism because of the loser brainwashers he surrounds himself with which takes his intelligence and puts it on the back burner

don't know if he's a narcissist, but Axl is highly intelligent. The people he chooses to surround himself with do seem to be over protective and I do think of them as "yes men", but how do they brainwash him exactly? brainwash him into doing what? making money by endlessly touring? maybe it's his decision to make more money, his top priority for now anyway.

This is the same guy that once said that anyone who thinks he didn't want to make 5 Appetites and live like The Stones is crazy or some shit like that so he obviously cares very much about money and the ability to live like a king.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

don't know if he's a narcissist, but Axl is highly intelligent. The people he chooses to surround himself with do seem to be over protective and I do think of them as "yes men", but how do they brainwash him exactly? brainwash him into doing what? making money by endlessly touring? maybe it's his decision to make more money, his top priority for now anyway.

This is the same guy that once said that anyone who thinks he didn't want to make 5 Appetites and live like The Stones is crazy or some shit like that so he obviously cares very much about money and the ability to live like a king.

the brainwashing is not necessarily the right wording 

its the reinforcing that axl is gnr in his head which these people constantly tell him 

your acting like thats not an issue, but its the main issue as soon as he realized that izzy had to go after adler had gone it was a tidal wave of constant bs led by goldstein and all the other losers that now surround him plugging his ego with how gnr has always been only him and this and that and its all his doing and nobody elses, slash is the only one that has kept axl in half check in modern times but before, when izzy was in the picture axl was real smart, for real - and its that genius level performance that axl exhibited between 84-91 has allowed him to live how he has been living... 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

the brainwashing is not necessarily the right wording 

its the reinforcing that axl is gnr in his head which these people constantly tell him 

your acting like thats not an issue, but its the main issue as soon as he realized that izzy had to go after adler had gone it was a tidal wave of constant bs led by goldstein and all the other losers that now surround him plugging his ego with how gnr has always been only him and this and that and its all his doing and nobody elses, slash is the only one that has kept axl in half check in modern times but before, when izzy was in the picture axl was real smart, for real - and its that genius level performance that axl exhibited between 84-91 has allowed him to live how he has been living... 

does it really matter how Axl defines it in his head? without Slash he must know he doesn't have the same kind of potential to make money, or the ability to be accepted by most of the fan base as Gn'R or to create music that a maximum percentage of fans will accept.

I really dislike Doug from what I know about his "style" of managing the band but that was many years ago. The old Izzy shit is on Axl, the loot thing is on Axl, Slash, and Duff as far as I'm concerned.  The Steven thing is shitty but I feel like that has nothing to do with anyone else but Axl. (my guess is Slash and Duff won't dare to stand in his way when it comes to Steven)

if Axl doesn't like a TB move, do you think he will just let it slide, or tell them not to do it? if he didn't like fuckin' toy trucks being sold and the creepy Gn'R santa commercial, he'll shut that shit down. They work for him, I really don't think Axl needs help when it comes to reinforcing anything. It is what it is: Axl is poorly managed by his fake family that he trusts after many failed attempts at hiring a manager that he can work with.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Popular opinion. Izzy cannot write music. Listen to the shit he wrote.   Izzy with them could write a new cd.     Izy was heart, soul of GnR.                                      My opinion. You cannot write music with someone you don't know.  You cannot  write music with someone who is different.  Izzy was 35 years ago and they were 35 years ago.  I was listening to Velvet Revolver yesterday after not hearing in years and years. Slash, Duff , Matt and Scott,Dave. Whoa.  Machine,  Slither, Fall To Pieces, beyond good. No it was not GnR AFD to UYIs reheated. It was different. Slash and Duff have chemistry they kept going at . They dont with Izzy or even Axl.

Edited by Amaya

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Well thats definitely wrong. You arent a musician id guess

No. I am not a musican. Yes I am wrong. True many people have written music where they  did not know each other at first. . Yes it can be done if , like anything, chemistry is there. Example Mutt Lange did not know ,at first, no one he wrote with or I should say wrote with him  thus launching their hits  after hits. 

Edited by Amaya

Vocals aside, Slash's solo band sounds orders of magnitude better musically on the GNR songs than GNR does.

Someone should strap Axl in a chair and make him watch Slash's band play the Appetite stuff/Civil War/YCBM and such and then make him watch the product they are putting out and make him explain why he is OK with an inferior sounding musical product.

• Like 2

I like that the band moved away from the Appetite sound/image. The best way to get me to lose interest in a band is to put out the same record, especially if every record is about drugs, alcohol, and partying.

GN'R didn't do that with Appetite but I swear to God, every band that plays in the GN'R style tries to portray this hardcore image and they end up coming across as try-hards. Yes, it's fun to get really drunk but when every other song is about whiskey and women, it's boring as shit. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I like that the band moved away from the Appetite sound/image. The best way to get me to lose interest in a band is to put out the same record, especially if every record is about drugs, alcohol, and partying.

GN'R didn't do that with Appetite but I swear to God, every band that plays in the GN'R style tries to portray this hardcore image and they end up coming across as try-hards. Yes, it's fun to get really drunk but when every other song is about whiskey and women, it's boring as shit. 

I assume you're not a fan of old school country music. Every song is about one of the two, whiskey or women--or both.  Example,  "Whiskey If You Were a Woman"😄

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I assume you're not a fan of old school country music. Every song is about one of the two, whiskey or women--or both.  Example,  "Whiskey If You Were a Woman"😄

Surprisingly, I am a fan of the old country :lol: I suppose what I was getting at is there's a lack of genuineness with a lot of artists. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

Slash ain't as good live as he was on the Illusion tour. 

I hate to say this but after watching both tokyo 92 dvds the other day im kind of agreeing with your statement. I just wonder if hes bored with the NITL setlist, of there is something about the whole NITL he hates.

After seeing SKMC early 2019 the chemistry that slash has wiyh those band members is different to how i see slash on stage with GNR. I just  think theres something about the whole NITL that he seems emotionally removed from.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I hate to say this but after watching both tokyo 92 dvds the other day im kind of agreeing with your statement. I just wonder if hes bored with the NITL setlist, of there is something about the whole NITL he hates.

After seeing SKMC early 2019 the chemistry that slash has wiyh those band members is different to how i see slash on stage with GNR. I just  think theres something about the whole NITL that he seems emotionally removed from.

SMKC is his passion project, GNR pads his bank account and got him flush again with cash after his divorce.

He probably hears the same  crap we  do at the shows knowing how much better they could sound, but if Axl is going to go through the motions why shouldn't he.

He plays to a fraction of the people at his own gigs, but his energy level and and overall playing is usually better (not to mention he always looks happier).

I think when the re-union started he probably deep down was hoping to make some music with Axl again, but the bigger a pipe dream  that begins to look like  the bigger the chance  that the uneasy peace right now breaks.