Live Like a Suicide

What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

58 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl Rose is too self conscious about his weight/appearance to do normal band things like music videos and photoshoots and this could possibly be the biggest obstacle in Axl releasing new music. 

It's a shame. But I can't really blame him for it. He was a beautiful man - at least to those that find the more androgynous men attractive - and he very much knew this. When people tell you that you're good looking enough times, it's very hard not to become affected by it:

"Axl became vain, worrying about dyeing his eyebrows and eyelashes and going on prescription drugs to for his hair and skin. He had his teeth fixed. He went on all-sushi diets" - Colleen Combs to Spin, 1999.

Seeing your looks fade like that must be a real bummer. It happens to everyone, but for some it hits harder.

It's easy for me to say, but he should man the fuck up.

18 minutes ago, Dean said:

Last magazine photoshoot/interview he did was in 2006 IIRC for an Italian magazine.

Image result for axl rose italian vogue

Thanks!

Fingers crossed we get another one very soon for the album announcement ;) 

On 17/01/2020 at 12:29 AM, Towelie said:

Axl Rose is too self conscious about his weight/appearance to do normal band things like music videos and photoshoots and this could possibly be the biggest obstacle in Axl releasing new music. 

Im sure he is now, but he could change that if he had the motivation to look like his 91-93 athletic self.

He had no concerns with being photographed from when he was frequenting nightclubs bars , with "models" etc  from 06 onwards with his slim look.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I don't understand fashion in any particular way or anything (i.e. not at all), but frig off (read that in Randy's voice), I liked that Axl's Mtv 2002 soundcheck clothing. 

Soundcheck%20MTV.jpg

I happen to think it was f'n cool, and if U don't like it, f'n FY 2, you f'n boomer f's! 
Also, have a nice Saturday, you ungrateful total frigs, the lot of you.
Things cut short, good morning from the Czech Rep. ... Had way too much dew (the Tullamore kind) yesterday. I mean, apparently. Long live MyGnr (or whatever the hell the name is)! :D

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I liked that Axl's Mtv 2002 soundcheck clothing. 

You just went too far, man.. :(

(Also, good morning! Hope your hangover doesn’t stick around)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I don't understand fashion in any particular way or anything (i.e. not at all), but frig off (read that in Randy's voice), I liked that Axl's Mtv 2002 soundcheck clothing. 

Soundcheck%20MTV.jpg

I happen to think it was f'n cool, and if U don't like it, f'n FY 2, you f'n boomer f's! 
Also, have a nice Saturday, you ungrateful total frigs, the lot of you.
Things cut short, good morning from the Czech Rep. ... Had way too much dew (the Tullamore kind) yesterday. I mean, apparently. Long live MyGnr (or whatever the hell the name is)! :D

The hat was about 7 years to late as all the britpop bands wore that sort of hat around 94-97. RNB was kind of starting about 02.....i dont know whats worse axl dressing like a wigger or tommy lee.

The braids look straight upstupid. He deserved all the shit and more with those. I prefer either the 06 look or his 93 illusion look- normal hair,  jeans, axl converse shoes, tshirt.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

This MTV clothes was horrible, but though i prefer it an like Axl dress up today, too much clothes and jewelery.

11 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Slash would look cool as fuck if he shaved his hair off and would lose the hat.

There is no way you actually think that, he'd look like Uncle Fester :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There is no way you actually think that, he'd look like Uncle Fester :lol:

In leather trousers 😄

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Brownstone drum said:

Shadow of your love is better than any song on uyi 1 and 2

Surely you jest?.

• Like 1

There are dozens of ways Axl could look great now, at his weight and age, if he would just listen to someone. 

fitted jeans. Plain T shirt, bomber or jean jacket. Dial back the jewelry. Nix the Carmen San Diego hats. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Surely you jest?.

I think he's serious and don't call him Shirley. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TeeJay410 said:

There are dozens of ways Axl could look great now, at his weight and age, if he would just listen to someone. 

fitted jeans. Plain T shirt, bomber or jean jacket. Dial back the jewelry. Nix the Carmen San Diego hats. 

Less jewelry the better.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2020 at 8:27 AM, spunko12345 said:

Slash would look cool as fuck if he shaved his hair off and would lose the hat.

The hat is his trademark. Emojicons.  Symbol. Stage Costume .  He would, could update his hair .    Axl, folks  he is not and cannot look 1993. That was 30 to 35 years ago. Now.  He could get  a Hollyweird hairstylists. Nutrionists and personal trainer to knock off 50 lbs. Hollywood plastic surgeon for some tprdo and facial lipo.  Done.  

CD is the 2nd best GNR album

Slash can’t play anymore 

Izzy is no Ron Wood

Going Down top 5 from leaked bunch

Axl blew his career worse than the 2019 Ravens and 2017 Falcons combined

Anyone who treats GNR with reverence is not very smart

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

CD is the 2nd best GNR album

Slash can’t play anymore 

Izzy is no Ron Wood

Going Down top 5 from leaked bunch

Axl blew his career worse than the 2019 Ravens and 2017 Falcons combined

Anyone who treats GNR with reverence is not very smart

Lol, Lamar Jackson is no Patrick Mahomes.  Is the Ronnie/Izzy comparison based strictly on guitar proficiency?

21 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Surely you jest?.

I may have been a bit rash with that statement!

Do think it's a great song tho, just raw and straight to the point and one of their best songs live now

• Like 1

(1) CD Line-up with Finck & Bucket could've been special in it's own right.

(2) Once Finck left that was the end of the drive & creativity and it became a cash grab.

• Like 4

The likelihood of hearing completed & unheard Buckethead material from his time in GNR diminishes every day.