What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

15 hours ago, scotsappetite said:

Still miss weiland big time to this day.gilbys pawn shop.guitars,slash snakepit,cool....neurotic outsiders is a class album.

None of the above are opinions about GNR lol

14 hours ago, scotsappetite said:

Oh,and matt sorum should be this tours drummer,frank is way out his depth,and will never be accepted,harsh but true 

This is probably the most popular opinion on the forum, so I'm not sure how this qualifies for the topic either. 

• Like 2

The opioid epidemic ia ultimately what has broken Guns N' Roses up - besides the gosspip-n'-many-middle-men-also-bizarre-background-stories-BS that came alongside with it - with being also linked to direct episodes of nearly taking the lives off our rock heroes' bodies, like multiple times.

Axl had the wisdom to decide some shit back then to which many still criticize him today for, but it's what actually he found he could've done @ the time.

• Confused 1

• 3 months later...

All things considered, I'm mainly just glad that all of them seem to have stopped feuding and seem to get along, or are on speaking terms with each other at least (can't know about the current Izzy situation, but no one's trash talking each other and they claim to love him etc. so things can't be too bad).

New music? Izzy rejoining the band in some capacity? Sure, that'd be awesome and I'd love that, but if it never happens, I won't be too upset, because the main thing I still wanted to happen for this band has already happened.

When I discovered and got into GnR, the idea of Axl and Slash (+Duff) ever burying the hatchet (let alone sharing a stage or laughing and joking with each other again) seemed completely impossible, a hopeless situation. People on message boards where discussing whether Axl or Slash would show up to each other's funerals if one of them were to suddenly die (with the consensus being 'no'). It was... dire.

Slash solos on CD material are pretty bad, with the exceptions of the Better one. You can actually tell that he wanted to work on that song since he's playing almost the same thing every time. His TWAT attempt is kind of decent too. But all the other ones are just noodling around, that some night it might sound good because he's fucking Slash, but he can really do better.

18 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

1- I can't understand all the love for Brain and the anger towards Frank 
2- Slash since Contraband and with very rare exceptions just plays uninspired and boring noodling...
3-Slash solo in This I Love is just lame

I agree with everything here. 

And Slash's tone live now is really weak IMO.

• Like 1

Tommy Stinson should be on bass still and Duff used as the 3rd guitarist. 

Tommy more than earned his place in the band, I liked the meaty 3 guitar sound of NuGNR. 

Its not like its unheard of for musicians to change instruments in a band 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Axlr0s37 said:

Tommy Stinson should be on bass still and Duff used as the 3rd guitarist. 

Tommy more than earned his place in the band, I liked the meaty 3 guitar sound of NuGNR. 

Its not like its unheard of for musicians to change instruments in a band 

Yeah, that sounded nice. I like this idea. 

Edited by janrichmond
removed video
  • Like 1

In all fairness, apart from a few ashba cock ups. They put on one hell of show in 09-10. Axl seemed to be mostly firing on all cylinders. Their version of Whole lotta rosie and riff raff kicked arse. Think that was the forum in '11 though

Edited by janrichmond
removed video
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Axlr0s37 said:

In all fairness, apart from a few ashba cock ups. They put on one hell of show in 09-10. Axl seemed to be mostly firing on all cylinders. Their version of Whole lotta rosie and riff raff kicked arse. Think that was the forum in '11 though

No, that was from London 2010. They have played four songs with Duff. 

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

No, that was from London 2010. They have played four songs with Duff. 

Sorry I meant riff raff and whole lotta rosie was the forum in 2011. 

I remember the duff gig in london. I was meant to go to it. The story of them meeting in the hotel was quite funny. Axl complaining about the loud music to discover its Duff. 

Edit: Im sure they played the two acdc songs at the joint in 2011 as well.

Edited by Axlr0s37

23 hours ago, Axlr0s37 said:

Something must have happened between Puerto Rick 2010 and Rock In Rio 2011.... Axl was a different person since that. And the end of Patience at RIR 2011 shows it

-Brian Mantia was the worst drummer that played in the band. For me he really fucked up all AFD and UYI Songs.
-Prefer Ashba or Bumblefoot over Buckethead or Finck
- All related to NITLT is really boring and this point, at least since 2017-18.
- There was a time and Catcher in the rye are overrated.
- Prefer almost any "Pre-Gnr" song (Cold hard cash, crash diet, bloodshot eyes, etc) to many "Modern era" Gnr songs

Edited by Rodri99