What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

Honestly my very unpopular opinion which I'm sure will be followed by lots of negative comments here and anywhere else is as following:

I really don't get all the enthusiasm and excitement about Izzy Stradlin. To me Izzy is equal to Duff or Steven Adler, nothing more than that. Majority of fans think he's somewhat so much special but I don't think so. ok he wrote lyrics and stuff but he's as much lazy fuck as Axl is. and I'm also sick and tired of people getting wet because of Izzy's weirdness... which even in this case no one can top people like Buckethead, Maynard Keenan, Bjork etc.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

I would love to hear what they would sound like together. It would be awesome if Axl could edit together some kind of guitar duet/duel on a new song.

Totally agree - that's one of the things that excites/intrigues me most about the new album. 

22 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl and Buckethead had the potential to be recognized as a great duo, on-par or better than the Axl/Slash duo. This is especially evident on Buckethead's mid-late 2000's albums. I hope we eventually get to hear the rest of his Chinese Democracy material.

Melissa fits the band better than most CD-era and UYI-era members. She harmonizes better with Axl (and Duff) than Tracy and Roberta did, and isn't nearly as obnoxious as Pitman was. She's quite easy to ignore, too, it's kinda funny that some people are so easily annoyed by her.

Brain is the best drummer the band has had. I love Steven's drumming but as far as AFD/UYI/CD setlists, I would've liked them to bring back Brain.

Chinese Democracy is better than UYI II.

I would say, if they weren't attached to GN'R, then yes. I just don't think-with the pressure of being a certain type of band, and meeting certain expectations, would work for them together. If GN'R ended in November 1993, after TSI, and Axl went to go do his own thing completely; Buckethead, Axl and Brain could have made some amazing industrial/metal/progressive music left to their own devices. 

• New music will show up eventually
  • Loved Axl's vocals in the UYI era.  There were nights he sounded like a parrot crunching glass in his throat - loved it.
  • Beta and Fernando are lovely people to deal with personally
  • GNR's cover of The Seeker is one of my favourites.
  • Street of Dreams/The Blues rates low for me.
  • Like 1

1) Would've could've should've, but Neither Can I with Axl's prime vocals would've been GNR's best song

2) Any cuts away from Axl on live recordings takes away from the video quality. Especially on vocals, but also during solos. Doesn't count so much now, but when he was more energetic in his prime I feel like I'm missing out on something every time he gets cut. Its So Easy in Philadelphia 1988 shows this perfectly.

3) Melissa Reese is an amazing musician and I hope she has more than just a background role in the new album. She's an amazing vocalist, and her vocals in Bloodborne(video game) are stunning. She features in the first few songs on the soundtrack if any one would be curious to listen, I couldn't recommend it more. Her work with Brain and the Infamous games is also great. Not so much a fan of her solo pop work though.

• Like 2

Axl has become the all time douchebag of rock stars that has lost all touch of making an effort to create. 

The reason I say this is that he does not want to even try writing anything new with Slash or Duff, he wants to continue to scurry like a little bitch on his chinese leftovers that aren't even close to good enough to release and then shut himself out of the world. 

Everything Duff and Slash say about producing something new is BS 

Axl and Fernando and Beta are all douches who milked the money train to the max and there will be no more GNR. The only hope for something new is an original 5 one offf show. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Frank is the second best fit for a drummer that GN'R has had.

Axl/DC was more exciting than NITL, and Axl's best vocals since 1993.

Think About You is a fucking great song (This one especially goes out to the rest of the Mod Squad, sorry guys and gals :awesomeface: )

Think about you is absolutely amazing

• Like 4

Mine mostly fall under the umbrella than them not being obligated to do whatever we want them to.

They don't have to change the set list for people watching every night through someone else's cell phone, they don't have to record an album if they don't want to or feel like they can't, they don't have to let Alder be the drummer and just hope he can handle it, they don't have to give Izzy money he's not entitled to and doesn't deserve.

They play shows. If you'd like to see them play a show, you can buy a ticket and go. If you don't, don't. They sell merchandise. If any of it appeals to you, you're free to buy it. If you don't like it or don't want to pay what they're asking you to pay, don't. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I literally hate Tokyo 92 to the point that I can’t watch it based on Axl’s cringeworthy clothing and on-stage moves.

I hate Tokyo 92, just awful sound, setlist isn't too bad, but not a good Axl vocal night, and the other 2 tokyo nights were much better.

I don't understand people liking the Indiana '91 show either... even worse sounding than the Tokyo show. Slash ruins songs like Dust N' Bones, because he was pretty drunk. Right Next Door To Hell is cool, but that's about it for the show. Really distorted mono sound, can't hear Izzy. 

Axl is an even less stable Brian Wilson; before i go any further, Axl probably isn't as great a writer as Brian, simply because Brian has done things in terms of writing that have changed music. As much as i love Axl, being a flawed genius and rockstar isn't an excuse to be a child at times. I'm glad he's happy, but i'm not happy the way he treated everyone else in the band.

1. There is something good I can find in every GNR song. They are my favorite band because I like all of their songs. I even kinda enjoy My World (on very rare occasions)

2. I don’t like any of the shows or lineups for the CD era (even though I love the album). The only exceptions for band members is Axl and Bumblefoot (Sons of Apollo is one of my favorite bands).

Some more...

-Even on his worst day, Axl is mesmerizing to watch on stage. He's that great of a performer.

-This lineup has a ton of potential and the creativity is far from dried up.

-If they handle the next year or two correctly, the band could have a late career resurgence.

-I miss the NuGN'R days.

• Like 1

Catcher in the rye blows....totally overrated. 

YCBM is dated now. Should be dropped from the live sets. 

Locomotive, Breakdown, and Estranged and Axls best lyrics

bad Apples sucks

dont damn me is underrated 

my michelle is overrated

black whole sun is not a good cover for gnr

5 hours ago, registra said:

1) Would've could've should've, but Neither Can I with Axl's prime vocals would've been GNR's best song

2) Any cuts away from Axl on live recordings takes away from the video quality. Especially on vocals, but also during solos. Doesn't count so much now, but when he was more energetic in his prime I feel like I'm missing out on something every time he gets cut. Its So Easy in Philadelphia 1988 shows this perfectly.

3) Melissa Reese is an amazing musician and I hope she has more than just a background role in the new album. She's an amazing vocalist, and her vocals in Bloodborne(video game) are stunning. She features in the first few songs on the soundtrack if any one would be curious to listen, I couldn't recommend it more. Her work with Brain and the Infamous games is also great. Not so much a fan of her solo pop work though.

I could not agree with #1 more. The first Slash's snakepit album is unreal, and it is absolutely insane Axl (and Duff, for the record) turned it down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, downzy said:
  • New music will show up eventually
  • Loved Axl's vocals in the UYI era.  There were nights he sounded like a parrot crunching glass in his throat - loved it.
  • Beta and Fernando are lovely people to deal with personally
  • GNR's cover of The Seeker is one of my favourites.
  • Street of Dreams/The Blues rates low for me.

I like their version of The Seeker a lot. I just hate the fact that it's become and "every gig" song. That's absolutely unnecessary. 

- 2002 band was good

- The band owe themselves and the fans new music, music videos, and to restore the band's legacy. They won't, and it's Axl's fault.

- Axl's a semi-talented fool who got lucky to be in a good band. 1993 until now is 26 years worth of supporting evidence. 

• Like 2