Mega_Music

GN'R - Louder Than Life Festival, Louisville, KY- CONFIRMED 28th Sept

9 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Here's my theory:

If Guns N' Roses are a part of this festival, they will be introducing new music. It wouldn't make much sense to perform otherwise.

Most bands introduce a new song six to eight weeks before an album drops, so September fits that timeline. I think a lot of work has already been done on new material, probably during the downtime between legs of the NITL tour. When Slash gets done on his tour, I think the band gets together to put finishing touches on the music.

All of this is speculative, but I'm feeling really optimistic that the last four months of 2019 are going to be big for Guns fans.

totally agree! I'm optimistic too :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i hope at least for a completely reworked setlist, NITL is over so NITL setlist should be gone as well
I dont know if you guys are into John Mayer, but he's an incredible guitarist and the way he changes up the set is really amazing... he played 6 shows so far this year with 5 different openers, plays 24 songs per show and played 60 songs in total so far.. thats how GNR should do it.. like you go to a show and don't know what you get

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

i hope at least for a completely reworked setlist, NITL is over so NITL setlist should be gone as well
I dont know if you guys are into John Mayer, but he's an incredible guitarist and the way he changes up the set is really amazing... he played 6 shows so far this year with 5 different openers, plays 24 songs per show and played 60 songs in total so far.. thats how GNR should do it.. like you go to a show and don't know what you get

Pearl Jam has been doing that for almost 30 years. I'd be ok with a standard setlist with 4-6 songs changed out every night...just give us something away from the norm. But if you look at Slash's setlists, they're the same every night so I doubt this would happen. 

Edited by GoBucky

On 3/29/2019 at 5:03 PM, TheDemocracyRose said:

Not gonna happen... 

Like I said days ago, it’s happening. Hopefully a start of a new set list, and a new SINGLE.

• Like 2

Reworked 2 hour setlist, adapted for Axl’s current vocals, little to no covers and 1 or 2 new songs. Let’s hope for the best!!!

I can’t be sad about Gn’R being active again. I just hope they make things right :D

• Like 1

A one off show at a festival isn’t usually the place to debut new music. Not enough of a timeslot and prob not the right audience. It’s a few days of rehearsals to refresh and  play the hits for a good pay day

Rehearsals to prep for a new tour/downtime between shows? Now that’s the spot to put in some new stuff 

Gnr coming back to my hometown- I love it - I’ll be there to jam down - Slash in Nashville in August and then GNFNR in September- Badass 

• Like 2

Is there a strict curfew at this fest? Most here say that it'll be a cutdown 2 hr set, but Axl did his normal 3+ hour set at Rock on the Range in '14...of course there was barely anyone there by the time he finished because it was cold and rainy all day and that set was way too long for a festival like that. 

Btw, does anyone have any info on what day they are playing? I'm pretty much too old for festivals and just want to buy tix for their day.

My takeaway is this is a get back together, dust things off show or number of shows and after they hit the studio with some momentum, with a push for a 2020 release if so e new music.

Same old and tired set, probably the same order so don't get worked up it is what it is.

Outside hope is there's a song released as a stop gap, but I can't see it happening, gnr are an all or nothing type band.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dean said:

Probably more dates to follow.

Get your singing voices ready...

"I am a lineman from the county..."

"I've been searching low and hiiiigh."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll call it now - it'll be a full tour with more outdoor shows in the US, Europe in november/december, then Australia Asia in January February. Back to the US for another Arena run after that. 

23 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Gnr coming back to my hometown- I love it - I’ll be there to jam down - Slash in Nashville in August and then GNFNR in September- Badass 

That's cool man.  I am hoping your hometown heroes KNOCKED LOOSE are included on the bill.  I might just fly out to Louisville for that.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Btw, does anyone have any info on what day they are playing? I'm pretty much too old for festivals and just want to buy tix for their day.

Nevermind, the video says Sat the 28th

For info, if they decide to take a tour in the USA in the fall, what festivals are there in August / September?

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

There won't be new music. Slash tours all summer

Itll be the exact same show as last year with Axl being underwhelming 

So true and so unfortunate. 

• Sad 1

I'm exited might fly in for this one, I'm going to NC in October anyways so why not get there a couple of days early! :)

• Like 1