Jump to content
Mega_Music

GN'R - Louder Than Life Festival, Louisville, KY- CONFIRMED 28th Sept

Recommended Posts

On 4/2/2019 at 11:16 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Here's my theory:

If Guns N' Roses are a part of this festival, they will be introducing new music. It wouldn't make much sense to perform otherwise.

Honestly, I think we're going to get a new album this year. November would be my personal guess, as the band has a history of November releases (GN'R Lies, The Spaghetti Incident?, Chinese Democracy). Get it out before Black Friday and Cyber Monday to capitalize on sales.

Most bands introduce a new song six to eight weeks before an album drops, so September fits that timeline. I think a lot of work has already been done on new material, probably during the downtime between legs of the NITL tour. When Slash gets done on his tour, I think the band gets together to put finishing touches on the music.

All of this is speculative, but I'm feeling really optimistic that the last four months of 2019 are going to be big for Guns fans.

 

 

Slash is on tour until Mid August, so they've got about 5 weeks (assuming he wants no break at all of course!) between then and this show. Unless they've been writing and recording via email whilst Slash is on tour (again, very unlikely), there's absolutely no chance new material will be performed I'd say. It's wildly over-optimistic to think that it will, and will only lead to disappointment. 

It's also unrealistic to think it will be one or two shows - there's no way a band gets their large-scale crew, band equipment, gear etc out unless it's a solid run. It's just nor really possible or viable. 

It's also highly unlikely the setlist will change much, if at all. That's not the way the band have been working recently. The setlist ran (with only minor changes) for 2 and a half years, so there's no reason to think it will suddenly do so now. 

It'll be the same setlist, no new material, and a tour. Best to acknowledge that, take it on board, and not set up unrealistic expectations of it being anything but that. It's just the way it is at the moment, and people should probably make a decision about their attendance based on whether it's something they want to see, rather than feeling in some way disappointed in the future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Slash is on tour until Mid August, so they've got about 5 weeks (assuming he wants no break at all of course!) between then and this show. Unless they've been writing and recording via email whilst Slash is on tour (again, very unlikely), there's absolutely no chance new material will be performed I'd say. It's wildly over-optimistic to think that it will, and will only lead to disappointment. 

It's also unrealistic to think it will be one or two shows - there's no way a band gets their large-scale crew, band equipment, gear etc out unless it's a solid run. It's just nor really possible or viable. 

It's also highly unlikely the setlist will change much, if at all. That's not the way the band have been working recently. The setlist ran (with only minor changes) for 2 and a half years, so there's no reason to think it will suddenly do so now. 

It'll be the same setlist, no new material, and a tour. Best to acknowledge that, take it on board, and not set up unrealistic expectations of it being anything but that. It's just the way it is at the moment, and people should probably make a decision about their attendance based on whether it's something they want to see, rather than feeling in some way disappointed in the future. 

Well, they need to keep touring so they can keep using the old “we’ve been focusing on the live shows” chestnut whenever they’re asked about new material.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell Yeah!  I am going to try and make this happen. Curious to see who else is on the bill for the 28th.  Hopefully we can buy tickets for just that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go again...

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, they need to keep touring so they can keep using the old “we’ve been focusing on the live shows” chestnut whenever they’re asked about new material.

 

Exactly what is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference is they officially said NITL is over. So I am expecting at least some changes :)

Oh, whoever said outdoor shows late 2019 in Europe? I don't think so. We don't have that. It's cold here then. It would be nice to have some indoor shows. But I don't think that will be this year. Let's hope for 2020.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'll call it now - it'll be a full tour with more outdoor shows in the US, Europe in november/december, then Australia Asia in January February. Back to the US for another Arena run after that. 

This is what I'm wondering. That it will kick off some further dates, it doesn't seem cost effective to get a crew together for one festival.

Then again I know next to zilch about the business side of touring so :shrugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just happy that the band still continues even after NITL... seems to be a good sign

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As far as new music - what do u cats think Slash is doing with the month of March off and then Gnr plays a festival in September- I would bet and I don’t know but I would say he is in the studio with Gnr as we speak - Slash doesn’t take time off it is all articulated around a schedule - Look for a new Gnr album sooner than later - most likely early 2020 and then the touring cycle starts again - Myles with Alterbridge recording now and then a tour - Gnr recording and then a tour and then Slash back to Smkc again - great day to be a Slash fan - hell to the yes 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new single release before their next live appearance is realistic I think.

Question is, will this be a one-off, or will they tour extensively after this festival appearance?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Axl in September:

"How the fuck are you doing, Kentucky?! Uh... you know... we’d like to introduce a new song now... This is called..."

You’ll see, you’ll see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Axl in September:

"How the fuck are you doing, Kentucky?! Uh... you know... we’d like to introduce a new song now... This is called..."

You’ll see, you’ll see.

 

"We're gonna try something..."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Spirit said:

A new single release before their next live appearance is realistic I think.

Question is, will this be a one-off, or will they tour extensively after this festival appearance?

Hope for the best but expect the worst.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DIST said:

All I wanna know is if Axl's still fat.

He seemed in pretty good shape for a 56 year old during NITL, he shifted some pounds after he got his foot back to normal. If fans are expecting 140 pound Axl from 1991 then they need to give their head a wobble, that was Bruce Lee's weight. Think Axl will probably weigh between 180-195 pounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grogmug said:

Like I said days ago, it’s happening. Hopefully a start of a new set list, and a new SINGLE.

Hmm well it actually surprise me a lot... 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would guess they would book at least 10 shows rather than a 1 off. Seems kind of like 2014 leading up to the no trickery residency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the GNR newsletter:

"BATTER UP!
GUNS N’ ROSES REVEAL LOUDER THAN LIFE AS FIRST PERFORMANCE IN 2019"

So that means there's more to come

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Touring and selling merchandise at these shows is were the money is at these days. The music industry has changed over the last two decades. 

Danny Wimmer the festival promotor is also the talent buyer for Woodstock 50 and the promotor for a Tool show sold out already in May. 

It's probably more about being offered a festival headline and going, if it fits in with everyone being free, and it makes sense, why not. 

And before people point the finger at the band or TB, it would have been the bands booking agent that would have been approached . Yes the band and it's management would have been consulted but the booking agent is in place to ensure it makes business sense to headline the festival and there are no concerns about the promotor in terms of professional integrity. 

Jason Newsted has been open about the personal impact on him, of dealing directly with a promotor in Australia many years ago and being taken advantage of. 

Thats why booking agents are essential. There job is to ensure the promotor is legit and pays the required up front appearance fee (deposit) than receiving the full payment, often held in the booking agents bank accounts, in trust, before being deposited into the artists management accounts each taking a percentage as their fees (band management taking out costs to cover payments to road crew, techs (Adam Day, McBob), sound and lighting techs, tour managers etc) than finally passing onto the artists themselves (the band members) as to the terms or each individuals remuneration agreement or share of the profits depending on what's been agreed to. 

 

Edited by kiwiguns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

From the GNR newsletter:

"BATTER UP!
GUNS N’ ROSES REVEAL LOUDER THAN LIFE AS FIRST PERFORMANCE IN 2019"

So that means there's more to come

Can you imagine if the only thing they did all year was a one-off in Kentucky

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This is what I'm wondering. That it will kick off some further dates, it doesn't seem cost effective to get a crew together for one festival.

Then again I know next to zilch about the business side of touring so :shrugs:

A lot of crew on a tour is dedicated to the sound, lights and stage, plus all the drivers. At a festival all that is already taken care of. And the people pushing the bands equipment off the truck are a lot of local hires usually and typically that is taken care of at a festival too. So its a minimal crew for GNR to bring; instrument techs, security, TB, Kat, merch (local hire?), I assume Carram on sound and whatever luxury people Axl needs. (Still a lot of people now that I list it! :lol:)

All that said, its still not super cost effective given that they fly GN'Air and what not, so yeah, likely more shows to come.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×