Mega_Music

GN'R - Louder Than Life Festival, Louisville, KY- CONFIRMED 28th Sept

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

There won't be new music. Slash tours all summer

But they could be working on new music now. Myles is in the studio with AB. I'm sure Slash is keeping busy somehow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHelgo said:

Hell Yeah!  I am going to try and make this happen. Curious to see who else is on the bill for the 28th.  Hopefully we can buy tickets for just that day.

I bought tix just for the Saturday Guns night this morning. The presale code is: Community 

• Like 2

Well, after debating for about 3 minutes. I bought tickets. Fuck it, my wife has family near by, so it is a win for us both lol

Just now, GoBucky said:

I bought tix just for the Saturday Guns night this morning. The presale code is: Community 

Damn, I just used my nightrain code. I would have kept it if I knew I could use that lol.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

He seemed in pretty good shape for a 56 year old during NITL

denial

Who knows with this band but I think there is a possibility of a new song.. Maybe some other festival dates as well.. 

If they do play a new song you can almost guarantee it will sound like shit since the singer is too busy to rehearse.  

3 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Damn, I just used my nightrain code. I would have kept it if I knew I could use that lol.

Why is that a problem?

It isn't, I would have just kept it to use in case more dates are announced. Some times they only give you a certain amount of shows that you can use your presale codes for.

29 minutes ago, Snytefant said:

Should be a delight hearing Axl's voice after a 10-month break

Berlin after 6 months was amazing :lol:

10-month, the same time between Abu Dhabi '10 and RiR '11 :lol:

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Gn’R played Civil War for the very first time on Farm Aid, a benefic concert. So it’s not that crazy to think of them debuting ONE new song on this festival. It can be Going Down with Duff and Axl on vocals for all we know.

Axl’s been doing basically nothing for 8/9 months now, and Slash and Duff had plenty of free time on those months too, and we know this two work FAST. One single, played for the first time on this show, is not impossible.

Plus as someone said above, NITL tour is “over”. I’ll remain optimistic this time, even though I’m not expecting much.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Gn’R played Civil War for the very first time on Farm Aid, a benefic concert. So it’s not that crazy to think of them debuting ONE new song on this festival. It can be Going Down with Duff and Axl on vocals for all we know.

Axl’s been doing basically nothing for 8/9 months now, and Slash and Duff had plenty of free time on those months too, and we know this two work FAST. One single, played for the first time on this show, is not impossible.

Plus as someone said above, NITL tour is “over”. I’ll remain optimistic this time, even though I’m not expecting much.

Fully agree!  I can absolutely see them playing the same setlist again addind another 2-3 new covers!

• Haha 1

They won’t play a new song

Setlist won’t be really different

Axl will still be fat 

I hope that at least he will sound decent but... it’s Axl

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The way I see it still after it being officially announced, I am still glad that they are doing something together. There is still plenty of time between now and September and it isn't like one festival date would hinder anything else they have going on behind the scenes - if they have anything going on ofc.  And if there is nothing behind the scenes happening - well again I am just glad there is something as opppsed to nothing and more people have the pleasure of rocking out to Axl and Slash on the same stage together.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

I'm not too excited about this. I was hoping for a long touring break and an new album before the tour...

This is the same thing we have seen for (too) many years now...

Slow it down on new song stuff. It hasn’t happened since 06 (live debut) 

for the fans going they will get a great show. For us armchair evaluators we will get to see where they are at performance wise. Axl got better vocally for Chinese and I expect if all the new album rumors have truth to them that we will get a better Axl vocally. 

I think if you are going to expect something  then it is fair to expect a better performance than we last saw. Hopefully a shorter high energy set for this environment and some momentum going into the fall and winter for a new album 

• Like 1

This kind of announcements arouse too many hopes for new music. I like to see my glass half full, so I'll remain hopeful... even though the window that they have to work on it seems awfully small. I hope they have already thought through some ideas, cause if they're just going to force some rushed generic ditty for the sake of having new material in time for the show, they might as well just play Rock the Rock.   

• Haha 1